Hess Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.6

Drilling Interview

Interview

Overall easy, had me go through my resume and then asked some simple behavioral questions. Nothing too serious really relaxed interview, was not offered though I think they wanted more oil and drilling experience because I think I did pretty well

Help Desk Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Hiring manager first and then supervisor of the helpdesk area. All interviews were done onsitr in 1 day. Both interviews were not very technical. The process onpy took about 2 weeks for an overnight position.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Golden, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Talked to the interviewer at career fair and got a call in two weeks to attend their interview. After the interview i was requested to fill out a basic questionnaire talking about the experience . Got a call back with an offer in 3 weeks time with a deadline to submit my decision of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interview was primarily a behavioral interview with a focus on the projects i had done on my resume .   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multiple Interviewers present with different questions
    Held the interviews at the Hess office in Houston
    HR was present during the interviews
    Very personable and easy to talk with
    Took a few weeks to hear back on their decision

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you've made while working and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

All behavioral questions conducted by three recruiters. The recruiters took turns asking questions. Very relaxed atmosphere. All recruiters were very friendly and even joked around a little towards the end.

Interview Questions

• High light of previous internship
      Low point of previous internship
      Example of how you solved a problem
      Example of how you had to prioritize   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruiting. The process was very easy. I met them at our Career Fair and they texted me that evening inviting me to interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous internship experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflicting decision and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Met directly with hiring supervisor. Very relaxed interview, no pre planned script. Mostly behavioral questions and experience details. Interview lasted about 1 hour - on site and in office. Wanted to see if my background and experience matched what she was looking for. Wanted me to tell about myself short and long term goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve conflict with team member   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Supply-Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First you had to fill out an online application and then submit your resume/cover letter. Then if you were selected, you were asked to come in for two separate 30 minute interviews. Each interview had a panel of two recruiters. There is also an opportunity at the end to ask any questions you may have.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university career website and was invited for an interview a few weeks later. The interview was pretty relaxed with two current engineers. They had 3 or 4 STAR questions and it lasted about 30 minutes. They responded within two weeks and gave two weeks for a response.

Interview Questions

• When did you witness a safety hazard during past work experience and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Lubbock, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position with Hess Corporation through my university career website and was selected for an interview. The interview was structured with two engineers from different asset groups who asked me 3-5 behavioral questions. I was then asked about my resume and interests for them to have a better understanding of my qualifications and personality. The interview concluded with an opportunity to ask them questions about their specific jobs and history with the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex problem you solved and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to address a safety hazard.   Answer Question