Cover image for Hess Corporation

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 109 of over 109 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hess Corporation

Featured Interview

Hess Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

Nice people who were always smiling. Questions were straight forward validating experience in my resume. Overall, it was a really good experience. Highly recommended for a person looking for a career with a great company

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with a conflict
    1 Answer

Hess Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

the interview was very lengthy and repetitive. i didn’t mind but it was tiring. the interviewer was respectful and nice. The questions were mostly experience related and asked about pears jobs

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hess Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

Panel interviews. First one was technical with the hiring manager and team. Second was behavioral with HR and senior leadership. Overall a great group of people. I was interested in the role and the team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hess Corporation

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

Process was fairly smooth - 2 interviews with questions about fit. Not really anything technical - I had some prior experience to draw upon as this was an internship I got junior year.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a group setting?

Hess Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

Personality based and partly case studies. It was done on campus and then an offer was made. Their were 2 interviewers who sat in the meeting and were very friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Dubai)

Interview

Easy going, very productive. Straight into getting to know the job description which make it easier to expect on both sides. Benefit and etc been describe in advance so you know what to expect. There a small test before the interview though. More to a psychometric test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hess Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

the interview was very laid back. they just wanted to know you as a person and see if you would fit in the company. other then that is was just basic questions. remember each location is different.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hess Corporation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hess Corporation

Interview

Interviewed via a recruiter. Interview was technical and behavioral. Was a lot of conversation, back and forth questions/discussion. Recruiter told me they loved me in the interview, were confused why I didn't have any questions for them (I asked probably 20+ questions throughout the interview as we discussed).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

Online due to CoVid Interviewed with two geophysicists. Began by running them through my thesis research. They asked several questions regarding my thesis, then we transitioned to several behavioral questions and finally a technical portion

Interview Questions
  • Interpret this seismic line in the best way you see

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in Dec 2019

Interview

It was a 2.5 hour process split into three separate meetings with 2 people each. The questions were direct with an opportunity to ask your own questions near the end of each session.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Are you confident you can handle the responsibilities of the role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Interviews

Hess Corporation Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Hess Corporation as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.62 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for General Manager and IT rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Associate and Engineering Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Hess Corporation takes an average of 22 days when considering 113 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas IT roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Hess Corporation according to 113 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.44%