Hibbett Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager was nice and easy going , we interviewed in the back area where the shoes were . She asked me tons of questions and went over general duties. They don't allow piercings or tattoos either unless covered

Team Player Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Ardmore, OK).

Interview

The interview process was very odd to me. I was asked about my personal life a lot more than I was my work history and work ethic. The back "office" was just a couple fold up tables with a microwave on them, so I guess the office was the break room.

Rookie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steubenville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Steubenville, OH).

Interview

The interview was very informal, in the back room of the retail store. I called in several times after i applied on line in order to set up an interview. The interview was very short, and relatively easy. I felt good about the staff and the manager.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for my interview which took place in the back where the shoes are kept and came out fifteen minutes later. The interview took place with the Head Coach who seemed very biased against women in general because they create "too much drama" as he said during my interview. He even felt obligated to tell me that I would not believe how many women come in here and ask to only work with men because they hate working with other women.

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

Wasn't too hard. Put in my application 2 months ago,prior to recieving a call. Interviewed with the Head coach and he asked simple retail,customer servicr based questions. The district manager was in the room as well and after my interview,asked me to step outside for a second. 5 minutes later,the head coach came out and offered me the position on the spot.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelby, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Shelby, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward interview. The managers were very kind and respectful. The pay was a bit low for my expectations so I declined the offer. They ask a lot of describe a time when questions so be prepared for that.

Store Manager/Head Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the District Manager, very simple interview. I answered the questions he had and asked my own questions as well. I was interested in the company and what they had to offer me. I went in knowing I didn't want to make a career out of it.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important part of being on any team?   2 Answers

Head Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview

Fill out online application, then if selected, you get a call to fill out a long online survey type of what would you do in this situation questions. If you pass that then get called in for a one on one interview with another manager or the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What part of the store would you feel most comfortable in and why?
      What is your knowledge about shoes, how to sell shoes based on customers running style or cushion preference.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Tuscaloosa, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Sales Associate position about a few weeks ago. After 3 weeks a manager had called me to set up an interview. I arrived to my interview on time, but had to wait a couple of minutes on the manager. My interview did not start on time and manager did not even apologize for running late. The manager proceeded with my interview asked me a couple of questions. I was not offered a job, but was told if my qualifications fit I would get a second interview for a summer hire.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Dubuque, IA).

Interview

I filled out the work online it was pretty simple answered all of the questions I went in for the actual interview and it lasted maybe two minutes. The interviewer did not have very good questions and the ones they had were computer generated based on how you answered the questions from the online portion.

Interview Questions

• If you knew a coworker was stealing would you report them even if they were your friend?   1 Answer