Hibbett Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hibbett Sports Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview

They scheduled a sit down interview. It lasted about 15 minutes. The manager asked me questions about my sports background, and also, my sales background. He had me think of ways to sell their items on the spot.

Interview Questions

• A child is looking for a football helmet in the store. What are some other things that you would try to sell him?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports in July 2017.

Interview

The over-all experience was great, it was my first interview, just stay confident in yourself, don't be Afraid, show that your work Material. Make them feel like your the. Best one for the Job. Give them Your Ideas and what you would do to make the Job better. Have fun, be chill, and be yourself, but still be professional.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you know about Hibbetts?   1 Answer

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Albany, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy, in person interview. The manager went over my resume and asked me some questions to determine if I would fit in with the company culture. The interview was pretty relaxed and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think would make a bad salesperson.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports in April 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a couple of weeks after I submitted my initial application. My interview was scheduled for just a few days after the phone call. The employee dress code is casual but I dressed professionally and would recommend doing so, it's always good to make that impression.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important thing about working in Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • Name the top four qualities you believe someone in Customer Service should posses?   Answer Question
    • Did you play any sports while growing up?   Answer Question

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Clinton, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. Nothing very difficult. I filled out app via internet. I was called two days later. I then met with the Head Coach, who went through a series of questions.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager was nice and easy going , we interviewed in the back area where the shoes were . She asked me tons of questions and went over general duties. They don't allow piercings or tattoos either unless covered

Team Player Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Ardmore, OK).

Interview

The interview process was very odd to me. I was asked about my personal life a lot more than I was my work history and work ethic. The back "office" was just a couple fold up tables with a microwave on them, so I guess the office was the break room.

Rookie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steubenville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Steubenville, OH).

Interview

The interview was very informal, in the back room of the retail store. I called in several times after i applied on line in order to set up an interview. The interview was very short, and relatively easy. I felt good about the staff and the manager.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Fountain, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

It was easy. A position became open not to far from me. As a Coach in Training (CIT) I asked my store manager about it who gave my name to our District Manager (DM).
    Later on my DM gave my store manager a call and set up an interview. Two days later I sat down in the back room and got phone interview. It went smoothly, only took about 45 minutes.
    Next day I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) tell me of a time when you took leadership for something
      2) tell me of a time when you were faced with a new task you'd never done before, and how you handled it.
      3) where do you see yourself with Hibbett?
      4) tell me of an experience where you were faced with a time crunch and how you prioritized.
      5) is respect in your opinion given or earned? Explain?
      6) Why should I choose you to fill this position instead of any other candidate?
      7) Do you know the BIG 5?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iola, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Iola, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called in for one interview, and that was where most interview questions took place. If they liked you they called you back for a second interview, which is basically just setting up when you can start and filling out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer