Hibbett Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Jackson, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick 10-15min phone interview followed by an in person interview in the back of the store that lasted maybe 20 min. After that I waited a few days and got a call that I got the job, no other interview steps were required.

CIT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call the following Monday by the Store Manager. Scheduled an interview for the following Monday. Had face to face interview with Store Manager. A 2nd interview was conducted by the District Manager. Questions were basic and what you would expect with an interview. Got job offer 6 days later.

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Concord, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and since it was an open interview we were told to wait a few minutes while everyone settled. I'm a very timid person so unfortunately I didn't get hired. We were interviewed by 2 employees (manager, assistant coach) and it was a brief interview, 10-15 minutes. Overall if you have experience and confident group interviews are for you!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Lufkin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional, short and easy questions. The employer was very nice, but she was a bit stern. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. As the interview went on, she took notes.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

Wasn't too hard. Put in my application 2 months ago,prior to recieving a call. Interviewed with the Head coach and he asked simple retail,customer servicr based questions. The district manager was in the room as well and after my interview,asked me to step outside for a second. 5 minutes later,the head coach came out and offered me the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Russellville, AR) in July 2015.

Interview

We used a 2 interview process. Quick and simple. You go in for an initial get-to-know each other interview. The seconds interview is almost a short training interview which should end with a job offer. He will kind of show you around the store and explain how some of the things work.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like: where do you see yourself in 5 years? What kind of personal traits do you think would benefit this company? What is something you struggle with? How do you get your work done while still providing excellent customer service? Things like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Carthage, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

I called the store to check on the status of my application. The store manager wanted to set up an interview. I came in and did very well on my interview. (Dress up if you want to get the job and know something about the company. FYI)

Anonymous Employee in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Sikeston, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Head coach (store manager) called me for a phone interview. The same afternoon he called and scheduled an in-person interview. Interview was conducted by store manager and district manager. Store manager was extremely nervous and kept asking questions that didn't make sense. (He was a newly promoted store manager.) DM asked most of the questions. DM emailed that evening and offered the job. (Any management positions will have drug/background test)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a frustrated customer and were able to turn the situation around   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arkadelphia, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Arkadelphia, AR) in March 2013.

Interview

I was asked about my previous work history. Most of the questions where easy. It was a typical interview. As long as you are capable of answering the questions on the screening test you'll be ok.

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Morgantown, WV) in March 2014.

Interview

One on One interview with the store manager. Applied and was selected for the job within a week. Very easy process and laid back. Don't stress if you receive a call for an interview just be yourself.