Hillstone Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hillstone Restaurant Group

3.2

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group in November 2011.

Interview

Fill out an application. If accepted they give you a personality test followed by a timed (12 minutes) IQ test. If you pass both of these tests, they submit you to three rounds of interviews. You interview with a second assistant manager if the first one liked you, followed by the GM if both assistant managers approved. Apparently there is now a skype interview with the head of HR.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Super corporate. They gave you an incredibly offensive personality test with questions about your personal life.
    "How many friends do you have of a different race?"will be reporting them.
    You can't be an introvert on your days off apparently.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group.

Interview

1 Interview so far, Skype.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose xyz major if you wanted to go into restaurant management?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group in February 2018.

Interview

One on-campus interview, one over the phone; both were very positive experiences. Even though I didn't get the job, they were really fair with the process and were very transparent about what the internship is like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair. I sent her my cover letter and received positive feedback. A Skype interview was then set up. The questions were fairly straightforward. The recruiter appeared very interested via email and in person, but during the Skype interview did not appear to be too impressed.

Interview Questions

• Would traveling be something you're interested in? What do you hope to gain from the internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (New Haven, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Very nice interviewer, he gave you confidence throughout that you were doing well, and made the conversation flow easily. When I first got there he asked a few ice breaker questions about my day and school and the sport that I played.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Applied through university
    2. Phone interview - no set up or anything. Just got a call from HR and asked if I had about 15 minutes to talk and it turned into the first round interview. Basic questions like "with your major, why would you want to do this? How did you become interested in this position"
    3. Skype interview - done with same person from the phone interview (although this one is actually scheduled). More behavioral questions, lasted about 30-45 minutes.
    4. Skype interview #2 - done with another member of HR. This one was more meticulous, although it may have just been the person interviewing me. Wanted to know as much as possible. "How would your friends describe you?" After giving 3-4 examples, interviewer said she wanted more. Wanted to know what kind of boss I wanted to have. Asked about any hesitations for taking the internship.
    5. Phone screening? Not sure if this was actually a part of the process. Initial HR interviewer called and asked about skype interview #2. How did I feel it went? What do I think about the internship now? Any hesitations? After answering and talking more I was offered the opportunity for a RJP (real job preview) in the Atlanta.
    6. Background check and lots of paperwork.
    7. RJP - LONG day. Started with aptitude test that was timed. Moved to tour of the restaurant, working in the bakery, working in the main kitchen, tasting the foods (yum), training with a server, observing the manager, observing the main cook. And finally a short (15 minute) interview with the HR representative. 7+ hours in total. Wear good shoes.

After all of this I was told I was not a good fit for the company. Not sure why it took so many interactions and communications to determine this. The RJP did not call upon my skills at all, I was simply following others working there. More communication about expectations for that day would be nice. I felt as though my time was wasted and I was judged based on nothing.

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Winter Park, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process . Full 2 hours and 2 standardized test on personality and math and English questions . After interviewing with all mangemnt and if they like you then you move on to a Skype interview and then a background check

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive. I applied online, and was contacted the next day for an interview.
    1st interview - with hiring manager
    2nd interview - with assistant manager
    3rd interview - with GM
    4th interview - via zoom with HR

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and came in for their open house on 6/8/17. I had two in-person interviews with the manager and assistant manager, one 12 minute assessment, and one video interview with an executive (the video interview was 5 days later).

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our company? Why Hillstone? Why hospitality? What's something your nervous about?   Answer Question