HireVue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HireVue Interview Questions

Interviews at HireVue

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue in April 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was on demand recorded interview using their interview platform. This included recording video answers to video questions and coding challenge. Follow up interviews were in person, everyone I spoke with were very pleasant, professional and friendly. Really great interview process.

Interview Questions

• How can the code you wrote in the coding challenge break?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HireVue (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

The whole process was kind of slow and took a long time. By the time the process was over I began to lose interest. I applied, and about 3 weeks later had to take their online interview. The online interview wasn't very impressive. It uses outdated Flash technology, so I had to install Flash for the first time in years. Kind of took me aback based on all their flashy marketing. Then, you will have to answer some everyday interview questions like what kind of challenges have you faced on a webcam with a time limit. You will also have to answer a coding question inside the browser. They use the same system as the CodeEval website they own. Make sure it passes the unit tests. Then they brought me in for an interview and had me code up a simple application that more closely related to the position I applied for. They didn't seem very well prepared for my interview. Some of the key people that usually interview weren't in the office, and some were in meetings.

Interview Questions

HireVue Response

Nov 3, 2015 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I would like to apologize for the poor experience in your interview. You're right, some of us were out of town that day and we were dis-organized and ill prepared. It was not up to our normal... More

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HireVue (South Jordan, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was online using their software. I was asked "get to know you" questions along with questions about my past experience. I was also asked some technical questions and given a programming exercise to assess whether I could program. It was nice because I could take the interview on my own time without having to take time off of work. After passing that interview I was invited on site. We worked through some whiteboard programming problems and algorithms. The whiteboard sessions were interactive which gave me a feel what it's like to problem solve with the team and allowed me to demonstrate my technical abilities. I was also asked to talk through how I would design one of their existing products. We started high level and worked our way down into some of the lower level details. Throughout this discussion we talked about tradeoffs and risks.

Interview Questions

• What the team could do to help me be successful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HireVue (Houghton, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

There are ten questions. These questions mainly required me to talk about the past experience on web development and mobile experience. There was only one coding problem which had been mentioned by the interview email. The problem was not so difficult.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience in mobile application development.   1 Answer

Strategic Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HireVue (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

The company sent a link to download their app for their interview software and a description of the process. Preset practice questions were provided to test out the video interview and quality.

Interview Questions

• There were a set of practice questions before launching into the video segment of the interview where you read the questions and are given a preset time to respond to the question on video. The hiring manager appeared before the interview for an introduction and explanation of the process.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue in September 2017.

Interview

This was truly a world-class process. Not only are they helping companies nationwide reimagine their hiring process, HireVue practices what they preach. I applied through Glassdoor, was sent an OnDemand, pre-recorded interview to complete a day later. I was able to complete it on my own time, at the comfort of my home, after work hours. I was then contacted by the hiring manager the following day. I completed a phone interview with the hiring manager, spoke with two current employees a few days later. Following, I was tasked with giving a presentation to a panel surrounding one of their largest prospects and how I would strategize the account. I was then rolled up to the SVP the following week, and finally an hour interview with the Chief Sales Officer. From start to finish, this group had it together. Altogether, the process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Where have you been and where are you going?   Answer Question
    • Give us an overview of your sales experience and data that supports your story.   Answer Question
    • Give us a 1 minute elevator pitch of HireVue’s value statement.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue.

Interview

For a company that sells a product that is supposed to enhance the recruiting process, it was a remarkably conventional if no sub-par experience. Applied online and after about 2 weeks I heard back from a recruiter. They sent me the video interview and a small project to complete (2 or 3 hours max). After submitting all of the requirements I did not hear back from anyone for about 2 weeks, when I emailed the recruiter he/she informed me that no decision had been made yet. After about 3 weeks I got a standard rejection email.

Perhaps for any other company this would be alright, but Hirevue is supposed to be about improving the recruiting and hiring process. The whole experience came across as impersonal, inefficient, mechanical, and unnecessarily lengthy. Also, it was disappointing that no feedback was provided, even after asking me to complete a 2-3 hour project. Even if the feedback is generic, there is something to be said about a recruiter that takes the time to personally reach out.

The video interview software might be a great tool from the recruiter's perspective, but from the candidate perspective it provided me no value. If anything, it made it more impersonal in that I never even spoke on the phone to anyone.

I take the time to give all this feedback because as a Utah resident I would like to see Hirevue do well, but you guys need to raise your game when it comes to recruiting.

Interview Questions

• General questions about analyzing data sets and providing insights from those data sets   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear about your experience, and I appreciate your feedback. We are working to improve our processes and be more personal with everyone. We'll take this information into account. If you'd... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue in March 2014.

Interview

This was completely new to me. I was not really prepared for an on-demand, pre-recorded interview. It was tough but really convenient.

Interview Questions

• I had to write a press release from scratch. This obviously took more time than they suggested I'd need.   Answer Question

Aug 26, 2014 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review. Sometimes the questions we ask are harder than we believe they initially would be. Great thing is that everyone answers the same questions so we can see a consistency and... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue (Remote, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

Had an initial video call with recruiter, then was invited to take an on-demand video interview. It's good that you can conduct this at a time that suits, but I found it very unnatural giving my answers into a camera, not a human. My interview was five questions, nothing too difficult, quite high level and more designed for the screening purpose rather than diving into suitability for the role. Although the questions were not challenging, the experience of talking to my computer instead of a person was! I completed the interview with two days, and after 10 days received a generic email from HR that they would not be moving me forward. I replied to ask for specific feedback, but didn't get any. After I have invested hours of my time preparing and participated in an interview, the least I expect is specific feedback, not a generic automated email.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HireVue.

Interview

First steps is to do their on-demand interview where they ask you a series of questions. Mainly the basics like; why hirevue, why this position etc.

The next steps is another video interview but this time with a live person where they can determine your actual social skills.

Interview Questions

• Why HireVue?
      Why are you passionate about Sales?
      What are your goals?   Answer Question