HireVue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HireVue Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HireVue in April 2017.

Interview

Great experience doing a recorded video interview and then live video interviews with the hiring manager and several members of the team. I felt doing a video interview as the first step it opened the door for them to see my personality and see an early culture fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Question about how I worked with existing customers and grew an account.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HireVue (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is utilizing their product. Very casual and easy interview. Try to allow your personality to shine through on the video interview. Hirevue is a tool I've used with previous employers and personality is one of the key items to getting through to a live person. Although awkward at first, try to get comfortable on camera and practice in front of a mirror before you complete the interview to get comfortable seeing yourself on camera. Be sure to articulate yourself in the best possible way and smile.

Interview Questions

• What was your first job and what do you still carry as a learned behavior from that job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One round of negotiations. Be firm in your needs, but be realistic and align with the Glassdoor reviews for the paygrade of this position.

Jan 30, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are so excited to have you join our team!

Amazing Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue.

Interview

They interview you using their software interview system. Coding tasks were reasonable. Be sure to have a perfect internet connection otherwise your interview timer will continue run while you are reconnecting to the system.

Chat Internet Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HireVue in August 2016.

Interview

Support customer clientele via internet chat client. Respond to inquiries in a professional manner. Take into mind the importance of customer satisfaction & care. Review customer's original order. Diagnose what about the order isn't working; needs troubleshooting. Offer solutions with information retrieved from the support bank. Apply said change, confirm with the customer if the applied change fixed the problem. If no, go back to the drawing board.

Interview Questions

• How much internet experience do you have? Did you receive positive feedback on your customer service skills?   Answer Question

CS Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HireVue (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied online and received a link to take the recorded interview. It's smart to really interview everyone that applies, more data for them. I took this and while initially awkward I like the concept and level playing field with analytical data to back it up. I waited about 10+ days before receiving a follow up for another interview. The HR person referred to me by the wrong name in one email which wasn't great but it happens. The interview went really well and I could tell it would be a fun place to work with an engaging team. Ultimately, they are just unbelievably slow at the hiring process and I had to move forward elsewhere. I'd think they would recognize the need to act with a quicker sense of urgency but I only saw two rounds in over a month.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HireVue (Houghton, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

There are ten questions. These questions mainly required me to talk about the past experience on web development and mobile experience. There was only one coding problem which had been mentioned by the interview email. The problem was not so difficult.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience in mobile application development.   1 Answer

Amazing Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HireVue in April 2016.

Interview

Online interview, where questions are recorded, and answers given also as recording. An easy coding question also given online. Was very odd. I felt pretty highly qualified for the position, I aced the coding question and they didn't proceed. ( I know for a fact I aced the coding question, since there was an online compiler/tester of your code/answers.) If you're looking for good coders/engineers, and acing the coding question doesn't help, then you should give much harder programming questions to distinguish qualified candidates.

This is where having live interviewers is possibly better (albeit less standardized) in ramping up the difficulty of questions based on candidate performance.Rejection is fine, I've been through dozens of those without issues, but you should never leave a candidate feeling he couldn't do anything better on the performance based part of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue in April 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was on demand recorded interview using their interview platform. This included recording video answers to video questions and coding challenge. Follow up interviews were in person, everyone I spoke with were very pleasant, professional and friendly. Really great interview process.

Interview Questions

• How can the code you wrote in the coding challenge break?   Answer Question

Director Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HireVue in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Questions semi-applicable. I have over 15 years years in sales and customer success and I'm not saying I should get the job, but HireVue will not respond to an email or feedback. I think how a company handles the whole interview process is very indicative of internal processes.

Interview Questions

HireVue Response

Mar 23, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Will you please contact me directly. I'm not sure why you haven't had any feedback. My email is jgrotegut@hirevue.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HireVue.

Interview

For a company that sells a product that is supposed to enhance the recruiting process, it was a remarkably conventional if no sub-par experience. Applied online and after about 2 weeks I heard back from a recruiter. They sent me the video interview and a small project to complete (2 or 3 hours max). After submitting all of the requirements I did not hear back from anyone for about 2 weeks, when I emailed the recruiter he/she informed me that no decision had been made yet. After about 3 weeks I got a standard rejection email.

Perhaps for any other company this would be alright, but Hirevue is supposed to be about improving the recruiting and hiring process. The whole experience came across as impersonal, inefficient, mechanical, and unnecessarily lengthy. Also, it was disappointing that no feedback was provided, even after asking me to complete a 2-3 hour project. Even if the feedback is generic, there is something to be said about a recruiter that takes the time to personally reach out.

The video interview software might be a great tool from the recruiter's perspective, but from the candidate perspective it provided me no value. If anything, it made it more impersonal in that I never even spoke on the phone to anyone.

I take the time to give all this feedback because as a Utah resident I would like to see Hirevue do well, but you guys need to raise your game when it comes to recruiting.

Interview Questions

• General questions about analyzing data sets and providing insights from those data sets   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear about your experience, and I appreciate your feedback. We are working to improve our processes and be more personal with everyone. We'll take this information into account. If you'd... More