Hitachi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

2.7

ADAS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi (Farmington Hills, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

A 20-minute interview! After an introduction to the job and the company and going through the resume, the interviewers had no questions to ask. Totally unprepared hiring team and a complete waste of time for both the interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Going through the resume and simple project related questions.   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with two folks in other parts of the country. Was flown to Silicon Valley. I knew things were going to end poorly when the interviewers were more than 40 minutes late--and the receptionist couldn't reach them...and they wouldn't answer their office or cell phones. BTW, I was the first interview of the day. After the interview it took two months to get Hitachi to reimburse me for the travel expenses that they'd promise to cover.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past projects and reviewed portfolio items.   1 Answer
    • They asked who I knew in the world of user/usability research.   1 Answer
    • They asked me questions in Japanese even though such was not a requirement for the job.   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was easy and welcoming..i only waited maybe 10 mins to be interview. The assesments was easy. The managers didn't drill me about my life or work history. They only asked basic questions which made the interview easy

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, GA

Interview

The interview process was several Wonderlic test and other assessments - 5 assessments, one in person. I spent hours on the taking and preparing for the test. The company didn't have the decency to send an email rejection after I wasted my time taking their test.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

This interview was not something of a typical interview. The hiring manager made the interview feel rushed and unprepared. His phone kept going off in the interview and only lasted 30 minutes if that.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in Human resources   1 Answer

Fuel Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

The only official interview I had was only a phone interview. It was about an hour long, where I spoke with 3-4 hiring managers. I had previously met the hiring managers and engineers at a career expo prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my basic knowledge and history with internal combustion engines.   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

One recruiter found me on Linkedin, contacted me with a phone call, to learn my background. And he passed my resume to Hitachi, and set up a phone interview with the Director.

Hybrid Electric Motor Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then conducted a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, I was selected for an in-person interview at the Hitachi Automotive Systems Detroit, MI office. For the in-person interview, I met with the hiring manager and a director of the company. The director was rather rude and ultimately I found the process to be not very productive or professional.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi in May 2017.

Interview

Tiered interview - phone interview with multiple high ranking managers to assess fit. If this phase is passed then it would lead to in person interview at an onsite location with each high ranking officer.

Interview Questions

• Clarify Background as it pertains to job
      Show how you will lead the role if hired   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi in April 2017.

Interview

I met with 2 recruiters at the Board of Labor took a test online that day they lined up another interview onsite with 3 managers in which I thought went really well and then took another on line test. Was called back to be informed they chose another candidate. Have reapplied since then to be told that if they want my criteria they will call me.

Interview Questions

• The company is very fast paced can you work in a fast paced environment?   1 Answer