Hitachi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

First interview was via telephone with a sales manager, standard questions about experiance, why I want to work for Hitachi, willing to travel etc. It was easy conversation with standard questions. later met with this person from out of town at lobby in their hotel, similar questions. Was told about the company, their basic plans in this division, that some divissions might intergrate. Was asked about my relationships with my current customers, and who I knew in those companies. Was asked examples of how I solved problems and over came obsticles.

Interview Questions

• If you are happy with current employer in same industry, doing same job, why are you seeking a position with their competitor?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Interview

Decent process for the interview. Prompt response. I felt I was treated positively throughout the process. Got the offer in 2 weeks and was ready to move soon.

Good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted by resume in person to HR and was called a week later for an interview. Was interviewed by head of the department. He seemed rather jittery and kind of put me at unease. Asked very simple questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

simulation programs using and experience,projects description

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hitachi (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very pleasant and the interviewer was also so good and upright.I got the chance to apply through my school portal and got a call for the interview.Just few technical questions and some behavioral questions. and asked to explain the projects that I have done .

Interview Questions

• As my position is for a sql developer so basic questions on database.my previous projects.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrodsburg, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Harrodsburg, KY).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three different interviews. None of the interviews were more difficult than most companies. The first two interviews were typical questions from the department Managers and Directors. They also gave a tour of the plant on the second interview. The third interview was to sign contract, negotiate salary, and review benefits in detail. The HR department lead this last interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me typical questions such as, do you have the ability to multitask, prioitize many urgent matters, and work with cross functional teams.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi (New Haven, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Was working with a recruiter who prequalified me and arranged the interview. The interview itself was fairly informal, Met with three levels of management and human resources. Introduced to hiring manager but not to team. The answers I received regarding sales channel strategy and CRM were satisfactory to me.

Interview Questions

• Resume had all pertenant information, questions about experience, why i was considering leaving current position, ensuring good interpersonal skills   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing with Hitachi insight group in Denver Colorado for the role of senior software engineer on a small team that would form the basis of the IoT group in Colorado.

The interview was a four step process.
    1) Phone screen with discussion of resume and experience.
    2) Technical phone screen with online problem solving.
    3) On site interview with team leads. Involved whiteboard technical problem solving.
    4) Phone screen with director of engineering.

Steps 1-3 went great, I really enjoyed the interviews and the people. They were intelligent and engaging .

Then I was forwarded to the director of engineering for final sign off (step 4). This was a phone screen and a special case for the initial small Denver team. Past the first 7 hires the director would not be involved in the interview process.

It was a really strange call from the beginning. He asked how much Java programming I was doing and I answered that I was certified in Java and had written many apps, including Android apps in Java but hadn't had the opportunity to use it as a primary language in my current role. This was the same answer I gave to the team leads earlier who indicated that although Java was their primary language, it was totally not a problem that it wasn't my strongest language.

Past that point the interview was basically over. The director suggested that I did not know how to write code and even brought up the movie Arrival as an example that if I were to start writing solely in Java now, it would take many years before I could think in Java. In the movie, he explained, aliens taught people their language and it allowed them to travel in time, much the same way writing in Java teaches you to write OO code. He then stated that I would have a very hard time learning to do something new and that I wouldn't like it. So, it was one of the strangest interviews I've had, but I was happy not to receive an offer given the level of hard ignorance that would have been my second line management.

Interview Questions

• This is the only one I remember: From the unix command prompt find all files in subfolders from your current directory that could contain dates in the format yyyy-mm-dd   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

basic questions on experiences, what type of equipment, plcs, exc that you have worked with. not a fast process i had 3 phone interviews and 2 in person. Why do you want to work for the company? Why are you leaving your current employer. make sure to ask about benefits and when they start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter called and made me an offer. I didn't negotiate since it was a nice bump in pay from my previous job.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi (Berea, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied and was called to attend induction training. Tour of the plant and paperwork. Was given an offer and started work immediately with benefits. 90 days probation and permanent/confirmation thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Basic safety and machine operation.   1 Answer