Hobsons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hobsons Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobsons.

Interview

Several phone and WebEx interviews concluding with a presentation. Multiple people from different departments interviewed. Thought this was a great way to understand the company. Very well executed and made me feel confident about joining the company.

Interview Questions

• The final presentation to see how well you can discuss, show, and navigate an online tool.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was essentially just a series of conversations. Initially I talked to a HR rep regarding the position, salary, location, etc. The next interview had me talk to a lead engineer about some of my past projects, my experience, work ethic, habits, etc. The last round of interviews was a series of three interviews where I talked to various engineers about my experience. There was never any coding, just friendly conversations and everybody I talked to was very friendly!

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favorite project that you have worked on and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two phone interviews (one phone screen with recruiter, and another with the hiring manager), coding challenge, then a face to face interview. I never made it to the face to face interview because I didn't meet their standards with the coding challenge. The recruiter and the hiring manager were very friendly, and didn't ask many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge asked me to calculate students percentile rank using a group of data. It required me to provide testing, scalability, reusability, etc. with PHP.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with direct manager. Both on time however, I asked both the same questions when I had the chance, and got VERY different answers from both. Also, after interview with manager, HR was to follow up within the week & never did. Phone calls & emails to both HR & the manager were never returned. Have enough respect for your applicants to just tell them they were not selected for the job rather than stringing them along for 2 interviews & then not returning a simple email. Ive gone through several other interview processes & not gotten an offer, but they receive positive reviews on here from me for simple COMMUNICATION.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobsons (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone conversations with Hiring Director after HR phone screen. I suppose they do it this way because most people telecommute, but I don't think it's an effective way to understand a potential employee's abilities.

Interview Questions

• Can you write for a general audience?   1 Answer
    • How can I know that you can do marketing?   1 Answer

Implementations Interview

Interview

I had interviews with the recruiter, multiple leaders to include the individual I would report to, the level above and others in the company. Peer level interviews also provided. The process was typical of other interviews I've experienced.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons.

Interview

It was really good. Had a pleasant experience. I enjoyed the entire process. They asked me a lot of questions related to basics and relevant to the experience that I had.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic direct interface with the hiring manager. There was an initial phone conversation directly with the hiring manager, no recruiter was ever involved which I found odd. We then proceeded to an initial 1 on 1 interview, followed by an interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions regarding past experience, background and qualifications   1 Answer

Technical Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hobsons (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, sit be nervous while being asked about your past present and future experiences . I don't have anything more to say nor add to this review. Asking me to say and more is asking me to lie and/or stretch the truth, of which I am not comfortable with doing for anyone nor anything.

Java Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobsons in August 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and a subsequent one with a senior technical team member. Each interview took more than 1 hour. They gave a detailed description of the position itself, asked several questions, and gave plenty of time for me to ask questions. Most questions were technically oriented. It sounded like it would be a good place to work at as a software developer.