Hobsons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.9

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The posting was on craigslist. I sent my resume, got an email back saying saying give me three time slots for three different days. from one the Manager, I emailed right back with the days and time. Never heard from him, after 4 days I get an email saying sorry, I was busy can you give me some days and time again. I emailed back. got a phone interview next day. Interview was nice simple. I got a call back the next day for onsite interview. 4 people interviewed me very nice people. One of the manager said we all like you that is never heard back from them again. I emailed the manager back, he said give me two we will extend and offer, that is it never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a upset customer?
      Can you work overtime?   Answer Question

Client Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hobsons.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a manager from a different department from the department I applied for. That "interview" lasted about 15 minutes. About a week later I was contacted by someone from their HR for another phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes.

I was then offered an on site interview a few days later. The on site lasted about 30 minutes and was laid back. While I was waiting on the manager who I was interviewing with, I was asked by several people if I had been helped, which made me feel welcomed. The manager that interviewed me was awesome and completely honest about what the company was searching for.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobsons.

Interview

Several phone and WebEx interviews concluding with a presentation. Multiple people from different departments interviewed. Thought this was a great way to understand the company. Very well executed and made me feel confident about joining the company.

Interview Questions

• The final presentation to see how well you can discuss, show, and navigate an online tool.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied mid-April, had the first round of phone interviews with HR and the manager towards the end of April. They flew me out to the Arlington office on the 26th, had the interview on the 27th with the team members. Overall, everything went really well. They were initially incredibly welcoming, detailed, very receiving and seemed excited for me to start. The manager even sat through and showed me all of the programs I'd be using - used very inclusive language about me starting this job. There was even talk about start date and salary.

I sent a follow up email on May 1st, received a response on May 2nd from the manager that HR will get back to me later that day and she was "looking forward to connecting soon!" Never received anything. Over the course of 2 weeks - radio silence. I sent 2 emails each to the HR contact and the manager, and left voicemails on both just asking for where they were in the process (they mentioned me starting on May 30th).

I logged onto Jobvite (5/15) and saw that I was "Not Selected."
    (There was an "email" in the jobvite platform stating my rejection - but there was false information. The note thanked me for coming in earlier that week for an interview - when they flew me out 2 weeks before... and everything was just incredibly generic)

No formal email, no follow-up response up until that point. I'm highly disappointed with the professionalism Hobsons exuded, as well as the lack of communication. It was a very misleading month where they moved quickly with the interview process - and then didn't even have the common courtesy to reply to my many attempts at a follow-up. I've been rejected from plenty of jobs at this point, but never to this disrespectful degree.

If this is how they treat an applicant - I can't imagine how they treat their staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you need from us to get started?
      How would you handle getting interrupted constantly while working on a project?
      Some say that people in the office are entitled and needy, how would you deal with those personalities?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was essentially just a series of conversations. Initially I talked to a HR rep regarding the position, salary, location, etc. The next interview had me talk to a lead engineer about some of my past projects, my experience, work ethic, habits, etc. The last round of interviews was a series of three interviews where I talked to various engineers about my experience. There was never any coding, just friendly conversations and everybody I talked to was very friendly!

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favorite project that you have worked on and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hobsons (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were two phone interviews (one phone screen with recruiter, and another with the hiring manager), coding challenge, then a face to face interview. I never made it to the face to face interview because I didn't meet their standards with the coding challenge. The recruiter and the hiring manager were very friendly, and didn't ask many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge asked me to calculate students percentile rank using a group of data. It required me to provide testing, scalability, reusability, etc. with PHP.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hobsons (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Went through 2 rounds then heard nothing for a month. Was invited back for 3 additional rounds and met with 6 people. After I completed the final round, I was told they would be making a decision that day. I never heard from them again. Not even a 'thanks but no thanks' canned email. This is the second time Hobsons has done this to me, so obviously this is how they treat people. I should have learned my lesson the first time. I've lost all respect for this company and their recruiters.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with direct manager. Both on time however, I asked both the same questions when I had the chance, and got VERY different answers from both. Also, after interview with manager, HR was to follow up within the week & never did. Phone calls & emails to both HR & the manager were never returned. Have enough respect for your applicants to just tell them they were not selected for the job rather than stringing them along for 2 interviews & then not returning a simple email. Ive gone through several other interview processes & not gotten an offer, but they receive positive reviews on here from me for simple COMMUNICATION.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hobsons (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Two phone conversations with Hiring Director after HR phone screen. I suppose they do it this way because most people telecommute, but I don't think it's an effective way to understand a potential employee's abilities.

Interview Questions

• Can you write for a general audience?   1 Answer
    • How can I know that you can do marketing?   1 Answer

Implementations Interview

Interview

I had interviews with the recruiter, multiple leaders to include the individual I would report to, the level above and others in the company. Peer level interviews also provided. The process was typical of other interviews I've experienced.