Hologic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hologic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hologic.

Interview

Screening calls through Talent Acquisition, then phone calls with various regional managers, including the hiring manager. Flown to location to do a live interview. Was told I would hear back if there were further questions or concerns, and after several weeks and a couple of follow up emails, I heard NOTHING. One of those companies that leaves you hanging if you aren't moving on in the process. I was also made to feel like I was being lead down a path, during the interview, to trick me. Was not an above board, honest, interview process in general.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hologic (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewer Berzac B. very congenial, thorough and straightforward. He did not sugarcoat the position. In a tough tangle to try and fill a position that a 13-year employee retired from.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the position presented?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interview? WHAT interview? I didn't even get a CHANCE.
    I knew someone who worked at Hologic, and they put in a good word for me with their boss. After being given the boss's contact into, I heard from this acquaintance that (supposedly) their boss was "definitely going to call me", that I "had a good background, I would definitely get hired, let alone an interview."
    ...Believe me, I'm not naive enough to believe that *blindly*, but this person absolutely *insisted* that their boss was going to call. Over a span of about 2 months, I sent a few e-mails to the boss with my resume and called & left a message once. I heard NOTHING back, despite my acquaintance's insistence that "he was definitely going to call". It's not the first time a company didn't do ANYTHING to contact me back, and I was getting tired of this little 'game', so I nearly gave up. My acquaintance gave me another person in HR to contact, who also knew me. She was very nice, gave me ANOTHER person to contact (some recruiter within the company), and again made false promises of phone calls and "If you don't hear from them, let me know!" I 'coincidentally' haven't seen this woman since, and (shocker) haven't heard from this contact person once.

...Look, I've had quite a few job interviews over the last 15 years or so, and about a hundred more companies that never once contacted me. To not be contacted ONCE (despite MANY attempts to reach SOMEone in the company) is not something that's new to me. However, you might want to mention to people within the company to not 'promise' prospective employees/interviewees anything if you have NO intention of even TRYING to contact them at least once. I know companies often get flooded with resumes, phone calls, and e-mails about jobs from hundreds of people, but those people ALL took time out of their day to contact them. If you ARE going to 'promise' something to someone and have NO intention of even giving them an interview (whether they're not qualified enough, or what have you), then at least take (literally) 60 seconds to send even a generic 'thanks, but no thanks' message. Sometimes a job interview can mean the WORLD to someone, and it's nice to at LEAST be shown a little respect as a fellow human being to let them try. ...Especially after some of the low-class behaviors I've heard Hologic employees doing ON THE JOB sometimes... (rude to other building employees, making a mess of public areas) it's insulting that THEY can get a full-time job there, and I can't even get a CHANCE to prove myself. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get ONE phone call/e-mail back - a 'no thanks' could have taken someone only 30 seconds, maybe even LESS.   Answer Question

Surgical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hologic (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on medreps and was contacted by a recruiter. Then I was asked to complete a personality test. Then had phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with region director

Interview Questions

• Why you, why sales, how are you competitive, how do you handle rejection   Answer Question
    • I asked what the three biggest things they look for in a candidate and response was: someone willing to travel 5 days/week ("you can go home on the weekend if you want"), no guarantee territory opens up even after 24 months, and someone who wants to relocate   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hologic (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had one phone screening and 3 on-site technical interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and got the decision in a couple of days after the interview.

On-site interview
    First interview (45 mins): Basic data structure questions, Discussion about work-ex
    Second interview (45 mins): More data structure, System Design & Database design questions
    Third interview (30mins): With 2 interviewers at the same time. About academic projects and some behavioral
    A brief chat with the Manager about their expectations and what the intern will be working on.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures, SQL queries, Discussion about academic projects   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hologic (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One day a recruiter all of a sudden called me and asked about my resume in detail. Then he sent me one questionnaire form to fill it up. Then he sent that form to the company and then set up the interview with the company. Telephonic interview was with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• What was you last employment role? Explain.   1 Answer

Clinical Data Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hologic (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was for about 1.5 hours. I was interview by three individuals separately. They were keen on to know about my projects and experience. They were keen to know about my data mining project which I am developing in Python

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about my project and experiences   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hologic (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was held in open area in the building and lots of people were walking by and would interrupt the interviewer by saying hello or some such thing. There were lots of distractions. The foyer was nice though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hologic (Marlborough, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin and got a message back probably a week later. The interview was on their campus and involved three different staff members for 30 minutes each. Pretty standard overall.

Corporate Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hologic (Danbury, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Found the job on a job board, got an email the following week to set up an interview, and the next week interviewed with the department manager and director in Danbury back-to-back for about 30 minutes each. Was offered the job a week or two later.