KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 17, 2021

3.9
Hologic President and CEO Steve MacMillan
Steve MacMillan
Pros
  • "The expectations and work-life balance are reasonable for the industry(in 48 reviews)

• "good working environment, great people(in 33 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management always seems to be shifting which in turn impacts everyone else beneath them(in 27 reviews)

• "Uneven work/life balance, some people are favorites who get credit from others' hard work(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hologic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Amazing Company

Mar 25, 2021 - Specialist in Marlborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Hologic for over 5 years and cannot say enough great things about my experience. Hologic has been on quite the journey throughout the time that I've been here and the success is outstanding. Leadership is extremely committed to engagement and ensuring we are set up for success. They take great pride in making sure management, at all levels, have the right tools and resources to really drive development. If you perform and show what you can bring to the table, opportunities are carved out for you. I've been provided multiple opportunities to grow and develop. Aside from culture, Hologic stands for something we can all be proud of. Hologic fought COVID head on and quickly developed testing when the world was in need. We impact and save lives every day - how can you not be proud to be a part of Hologic?!

Cons

No major cons. All of the cons that I would have listed 4-5 years ago have all been addressed and have took a turn in the right direction. Management really cares and listens when issues are brought up. They fight to be sure the right change is made at the right time.

SVP, Human Resources

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! As you say, we are committed to driving engagement throughout our business and it is so great to hear it transpires through our teams and management practices. We believe Hologic is where talent comes to grow, and I love hearing that you have had multiple opportunities to grow and develop. We really have fought COVID head on and it's testament to yours, and our workforce’s dedication and hard work over the past year. Keep doing what you are doing!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great sized company, not enough heads

May 4, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company opportunities with large company resources

Cons

Lacking personnel resources in R&D

SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are extremely fortunate to be in a unique space. We are a large enough organization to have the opportunity and resources to invest in our people, our technologies, and our future. Yet we are small enough to ensure that every single employee has the ability to make a difference and showcase their talents. It is wonderful to hear that you feel this in the work that you do every day. If you have not already done so, I would encourage you to have a conversation with your manager regarding your feelings on team and department capacity. Starting these open and honest conversations allow us to address these concerns with the right leaders at the right time. Thank you for your continued hard work!

3. 4.0

Great Company to work

May 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Work Life Balance, Knowledgeable Staff

Cons

Politics in some sites, Silo mentality

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Feels like home

Apr 27, 2021 - Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and my team felt like my friends and family. I loved seeing them daily and working with them.

Cons

Slow growth and less than average pay

SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It’s wonderful to hear we made it feel like home during your time with us. I’m encouraged by the strength of relationships and sense your colleagues felt like family. We are building a special company and culture that is hard to replicate. Regarding growth and average pay comments, we do live into the “pay for performance” principle and provide meaningful rewards commensurate with meaningful contribution to our performance. In 2020, we lived into this principle with our approach to bonuses to employees in our Diagnostic Division who drove and continues to drive significant growth for the company. I hope you find what you’re looking for in your next opportunity, and I’m confident those relationships will continue as you become an alumni of Hologic.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mediocre Company

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission around Passion, Purpose and Promise is powerful. Focus on women's health and the development of innovative products to help women is real.

Cons

Much of leadership is weak, driven by money and personal gain over building their organizations with any stability, or focus beyond the current month's sales. Engagement process and survey is a joke and it's become a competition for numbers, instead of focusing on the benefits of having really engaged employees. High pay is the retention policy.

SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am disheartened hearing your perspective of our leadership team and engagement process. We are committed to creating a culture where our employees feel valued and able to deliver their best work. To your point, it’s not about the survey but the conversations. I do appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. I will be sure to share with our leadership team. Best of luck in your career.

6. 3.0

Cool

May 10, 2021 - Research Scientist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to get sruff

Cons

Pay Bad but not the worndnd

7. 2.0

N/A

May 11, 2021 - Hologic, Inc in Londonderry, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

YES YESY YESY YESY YES

Cons

Alot of cons at this place

8. 5.0

Great place to work!

Mar 1, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Mission driven organization looking to make a real difference - Great team all around, whether it's employees, managers, or otherwise there's a great comradery - Above average pay compared to other companies locally - Great office space, very modern (though a little far from Boston if you're commuting from there) - Lots of opportunity for internal growth and mobility if your path is in a different area, hiring from within is always encouraged

Cons

- Commute is a little far if you're commuting from the city

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great products, extreme focus, but disconnected

Jan 20, 2021 - Director in Marlborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of really great, smart people. The products are second to none and it really motivates everyone knowing you are making a positive contribution to the world. Steve has made a huge positive difference and motivates the entire organization.

Cons

There is a huge disconnect between management and employees. The focus on engagement has turned into a manipulated attempt to just improve scores and not actually change anything. HR wields way too much power and as a result overlooks real concerns. Senior most management is made up of really great people, but they're not getting the truth from mid-management.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company mission, great products, great governance, but weak low-level mgmt

Feb 10, 2021 - Tech Support Specialist II in Marlborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The products are the best in the global vertical market. The company's reputation as an innovator and industry leader is well-earned. The company provides quality tools for the remote Tech Support team. The TS team members are sharp, friendly, and helpful, and they have each other's backs. Compensation is decent.

Cons

Despite lofty upper-management mission goals and smart strategies, the filtration of these plans down through the subordinate chain tends to muddy them and eventually distort them altogether and Tech Support becomes mired in chaos. The focus changes from quality to profitability. We are talented and driven and yet the tasks that are dropped on us are often near-impossible. From director-level down, interpretation of goals and strategies is subject to the whims and biases of a small handful of people who are often hyper-focused on short-term drives that promote careers rather than contribute to company success. These leaders lose touch with their reports and end up tasking them with maintaining unreasonable metrics on items that rarely pertain to the team's mission but enrich someone's resume. Bonus money is awarded to techs who blindly follow orders, even if obviously detrimental to the collective mission. Although innovative thinking is promoted by middle management, it is lip service only. Free thinking usually presents problems for them and we are too often discouraged from dissent under penalty of black marks in our profiles and sometimes threat of dismissal. Basically, Tech Support is being paid to swallow jagged pills and disregard customer satisfaction wherever possible to improve the bottom line. It is about squeezing more blood out of the stone than the previous director/manager could. Believe it or not, this review is an objective one.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 642 Reviews