Hologic Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Hologic President & CEO Steve MacMillan
Steve MacMillan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance and internal growth opportunities" (in 27 reviews)

• "Within the IS department there are some great people to work with" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "The upper management are to involved with themselves" (in 19 reviews)

• "Achieving work/ life balance can be impossible sometimes" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing people, products and opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment where individuals are encouraged to make a difference and leverage their strengths. Solid leadership team and opportunities for career growth. Feels great to work at a company that does good in the world with our Women’s Health products. With addition of Cynosure Medical Asthetics Division there is even more opportunity for growth!

Cons

None - stay the course and keep challenging the organization to get better every day!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Mar 21, 2018 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback!

2. "Regional Director"

I have been working at Hologic full-time

Pros

First class organization, with a team focused on finding and retaining top talent. You can see and feel the culture, once you walk thru the front door.

Cons

No disappointments, the entire experience exceeded my expectations.

3. "Incompetent Quality Leadership"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hologic (Less than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are very nice and helpful. Individual contributors generally want to do whats right and will try their best.

Cons

Quality Leadership expectations are very demanding providing the company very little value and is usually based on fear of losing their own jobs. The leadership team are carryovers from the old Gen-Probe days so they were given management and director roles based on time served and not on actual skill. Overall the leadership team are in it for theirs and offer very little support, growth or pay to their employees who do 95% of the work.

Advice to Management

Offer your employees competitive pay and growth. Please stop micromanaging your employees and give up the sacred cow method of management that you deploy.

4. "It was great"

I worked at Hologic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Complex technology to grow and learn. Awesome team to be with.

Cons

Work can be overwhelming. Company keeps buying and adding things that serves the same purpose. The support team does not get any incentives or compensation.

"Mfg Department at Mira Mesa San Diego"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hologic full-time

Pros

Lots of great employees to work with in manufacturing. Most people are always working hard and are easy to talk. I like the products we make, they help save lives.

Cons

Low pay and low morale. Most managers are not good. They do not care about us, the operators. They dont care about developing us or our personal lives or if we can’t work overtime. . They don’t promote us or care about our ideas. Feel like we just numbers, They barely talk to you and only show in the area when there’s a problem to blame you. We see only one real good manager and everyone wants to work for her!!!!!!!!! They gave a team to her that had many problems and was always complaining about the boss before but everyone working for her now are very happy and doing very good now. Why can’t we just work for her too and be treated with same respect? Not fair. I wish she would be my manager too but they just put her in other department and we are stuck with the bad managers and low pay.

Advice to Management

Please pay us better. We like working for Hologic and don’t want to go. Give us better managers like the one in collection kits. She listen and cares about all of us and not just for her team. Make sure to look at our engagement response. Why nothing gets better after we do surveys? We always stressed with bad process and change in schedules. Please help. We want to stay at Hologic and be happy here.

Jun 11, 2018 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We take seriously your feedback and will certainly share with the team. It's important we listen to our employees and find ways to improve every day... More

6. "Purchasing coordinator"

I have been working at Hologic full-time

Pros

Job is very rewarding, they want you to succeed

Cons

Low pay and plenty of work politics involved

"Huge turn over at the San Diego Site"

Pros

Great mission and values. Technology impacts people’s lives through early detection. I’m proud to stand behind this mission. Company has a reputable name in the industry and we have great products.

Cons

Lots of people are leaving San Diego to pursue better paying jobs. It’s currently no secret that we are paying below average. Never seen so many people leaving during the last 6 months since Hologic acquired Gen-Probe. People talk and all you hear is that most people are looking for other jobs, therefore turn over is expected to continue due to low salaries and lack of engaging leadership. Ops is seriously lacking good leadership, at at levels. The VP is good but underneath him you can count very few truly engaging, motivating and caring leaders, most directors and managers are simply “bosses”. Terrible planning and execution with poor to non-existent capacity models and lack of proactive thinking and problem solving. Constant firefighting and stress with multiple backorder risks, material shortages and resource constraints. Planning Dept is causing lots of pain to all Ops and QA and are never held accountable for all the schedule changes and frequent expedites. I used to enjoy working here, but now I can see why so many people are leaving. A lot of employees are not engaged and it shows!

Advice to Management

If you are going to conduct engagement surveys, hold your leadership accountable to taking meaningful action to truly improve engagement. There are some directors and managers with clear low engagement levels and no one seems to care or question if these people should continue to be people leaders. Hold your leaders and people accountable to better performance. Stop the excuses. Pay your people properly. Identify and retain high performers and get rid of poor ones to set the example. San Diego is experiencing a high turn over due to salary AND leadership issues! Fix these problems before it’s too late. Corporate needs to stop penalizing San Diego and the Diagnostics division for the poor financial performance of other divisions. People here are frustrated with the low merit increases so please rethink this for this fiscal year. Otherwise we may see another exodus wave after the end of this fiscal year and bonus payout.

Jun 11, 2018 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your concerns and offering your recommendations. Our aim is to find ways to improve every day experiences at Hologic together. We take seriously your feedback and believe... More

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hologic full-time

Pros

Great CEO, management and positive people!

Cons

Lots of meetings but besides that, a great place to work!

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Hologic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hologic has gone through a lot of change over the last few years but it has all been for the better. The leadership team is stronger than ever and they all truly believe in what we are all working towards. Your opinions truly matter to your team and you have the freedom to always have a seat at the table. I’ve never felt more proud of the work I do and being a part of such a great company with such a great purpose.

Cons

Can’t think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep your focuses where they are, the changes have been noticeable to all levels in the company.

Apr 30, 2018 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your encouraging feedback! It is great to hear that employees all across the organization are being positively impacted by our efforts.

10. "Applications Specialist"

I worked at Hologic full-time

Pros

Loved working there as a traveling apps specialist

Cons

none as I had no problems or issues there

Apr 20, 2018 – SVP, Human Resources

We appreciate your positive feedback!