Holy Cross Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Holy Cross Health

2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 31 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

My interview process was very easy. There really wasn't a process. I got the interview through my phlebotomy program. I would recommend asking to train at Holy Cross when you are still going through the program.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Holy Cross?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

Phone interview took about 5-10 minutes. Spoke with HR recruiter first. Very basic first interview questions. HR manager didn't explain the after process after the interview was done. Was left out on a loop.

Interview Questions
  • What mistake have you made at clinical and what did you learn from it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

Experience in communication, high school diploma or above, Scheduled meetings, overview of what the work entails, experience in past jobs that relates to the position your applying to, dress professionally

Interview Questions
Holy Cross Health
Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (Bay City, MI)

Interview

Lengthy interview, very informative, made me feel comfortable and welcome, positive environment, explained job duties, expectations, and benefits in detail. Gave thorough background on company including locations and different services offered. Introduced me to several staff members. Welcomed my questions and concerns about the position as well as staffing process. Explainer next steps in interview and hiring process. Honest about qualifications and salary / pay scale.

Interview Questions
Holy Cross Health
Application

Interview

It was ok, I was only asked easy questions. After talking to the manager, if they like you you will shadow for a few hours in the Emergency room. Not all who works there will tell you work in there because they are themselves tired and overwhelmed.

Interview Questions
  • How many years have you worked as an ER nurse. How many patients did you have. How do you overcome stress. How did you hear about us.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

It was very easy. It didn't take long. Maybe about 15 minutes for the interview. Was asked simple questions about past job experiences and quality of work. What are your likes and dislikes? Just simple question.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

Included a shadow day on the unit, as well as a one-to-one interview with the Nurse Manager. The process lasted about 4-6 hours. It was a very pleasant experience, but did not give me the opportunity to truly see the unit.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you dealt with a difficult patient or family member.
Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (Silver Spring, MD) in Mar 2019

Interview

Very easy & straightforward interview process. It was almost like I had the job before speaking to anyone. I spoke to the recruiter for a phone screen. She asked me a few basic (and typical) RN interview questions and scheduled a 1:1 interview with the assistant director of the unit I applied to. She also prepped me on key factors that the assistant director would be looking for. My interviewed was scheduled for a little less than 2 weeks after the phone screen. It was extremely short...maybe 15 minutes. The assistant director mainly talked about the unit, not too many questions for me. When the interview was over, I was asked to schedule a shadow day in the near future. My shadow day was one week later. I stayed for about 5 hours and shadowed one of the more experienced nurses on the unit. The nurse told me that after the shadow she has to "recommend" me for the position and I'll most likely be hired. I got an offer letter email and phone call the next week. There is no room for negotiation of pay as a new grad nurse, they start all ADN prepared nurses at one rate and BSN prepared nurses at a higher (maybe $1-2) rate. They need transcripts (at least a 3.0 for ADN), 5 references, and a background check (which takes a ridiculously long time to complete through HireRight). Overall the process took about a month.

Interview Questions
Holy Cross Health
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (United States)

Interview

I had a phone interview and was then referred to the manager of my unit. She had me come into the hospital and was very flexible with dates and times. The following week I shadowed on the unit and got to meet other nurses.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me for strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to be a nurse, and why I liked intensive care
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Holy Cross Health (Silver Spring, MD) in Apr 2018

Interview

I was contacted about two months after applying to the position by a recruiter. We were playing phone tag so I requested an e-mail with a time to connect. I then received an e-mail with a specified date for an interview to come to an in-person interview for the role, which I thought was strange since we had not spoken at all yet. I decided to attend and waited for 15 minutes past my scheduled interview time. Turned out my name was not on the list. The interview went ok, but to my surprise I was offered the position about a month later for significantly less than the salary noted on my application. It's always good to get out and meet new people, but I truly felt like the interview process was a messy waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Do you prefer to complete different tasks one by one or at the same time?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews