Home Depot Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Syracuse, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I met a manager and a few associates at my college's career fair. Invited for an on-campus interview. The interview was mainly qualifications and describing my past experience on my resume.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Klamath Falls, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Takes about two weeks. Pay attention to your junk mail. The email sets you up for a phone interview. Then you get the initial interview at the store. The interview it self is set up into two teams of two people generally for two separate Interviews. They use a script.

Interview Questions

• Can you show up on on consistent basis.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time about giving good customer service.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

simple, through a contact.
    3 week process that took and they made an offer letter. meet with HR, hiring manager and then director.
    Offer was made but would not negotate. Offer was low for new graduate but was better than nothign

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada in April 2015.

Interview

They told me what the hours were going to be and how much per hour I was gonna make. They first had to do a background check and drug test as well

Flooring Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

I have applied to Home Depot 3 times over ten years in two states. If u are not persistent they will drop the ball. I have a 18 year history of carpentry and 15 year sales and a BA with a focus in Marketing. I assumed I would be a little more valuable than the average employee. It is not the case with Home Depot however. I hope I don't experience the negative effects which seem so consistent of the employee reviews. Which are slow advancement and pay raises, terrible work scheduling and dismal work/life balance. Will update in 90 days.

Interview Questions

• How would u apply a certain situation I had on a previous job to the Home Depot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They negotiate nothing.

Sales Associate - Paint Department Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada.

Interview

3 interviews: over the phone, in person with the department manager, and the assistant store manager The an offer with human respurces. Pretty straight forward interview process very customer service sales focused.

Interview Questions

• How would you close a sale or sell an item ti a customer.   1 Answer

I wanted a job with a higher pay for my level of experience and they were not willing to accomodate...also for part time you would need to have a set amount of hours which were not guaranteed and had to be consist for 3 months or so.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a career fair at their stores, had to stand until your name was called (about 30 minutes), then had a short interview and then was asked to schedule for a second interview. Second interview was quite poor though.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to learn about the other departments?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morningside, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Morningside, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

speak with a supervisor then with a manager, two seperate interviews. second interview was basically you getting the job. No real issues, fair game. Had to speak with two people for my irs tinterview and two people for my second interview

Interview Questions

• do you have an experience with season tools   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Attended a job fair at friend's recommendation. Met with one of the managers who quickly scanned my resume, found my sales and customer service background valuable, and then took a few more minutes to chat with me personally.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to come today?   1 Answer

Lead Generator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Home Depot Canada in March 2010.

Interview

they ask you to name times where you accomplish a goal, when you completed a task in a timely manner that had obstacles, they take you through a roleplay where they are the customer and your a sales associate, and you have to provide great customer service to the customer and solve any problems

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an issue with a coworker and how that was resolved   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate