KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Home Instead Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 367 of over 367 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Instead

Home Instead

Application

I interviewed at Home Instead

Interview

It was an in person interview.It went for some 20 minutes.The questions were easy.i got the employment offer.We can give our availability during the interview.we can also ask any doubts.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you went out of your way in your profession.
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Home Instead

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Home Instead

Interview

Met hiring supervisor in the office for short interview. Background check & references run after the interview. Hired within a week of the interview. Brief training at a later time before being matched with clients’ schedules. Warm, easy, and relaxed experience.

Interview Questions
  • What draws you to working with the elderly population?

What people are saying about Home Instead

Join the conversation on

Accounting

1y

works at

Deloitte

My Internet at home provider told me that I’m blowing through my data cap at home with all this WFH. Can we expense the amount of extra data we use above what is included in our monthly home internet package? I get that we can’t expense home internet but wondering if this applies to extra data now being used for heavy data client projects that are being done at home instead at a client or Deloitte office.

34 Comments

Join the conversation on

Home Instead

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Home Instead in Mar 2022

Interview

Really relaxed and easy. Interview was done by one person who was very easy to chat with. Was able to answer all my questions some of them before I had a chance to ask. Was very informative and told me everything I needed to know plus more

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses Why do I want to work for home instead What does person centred care mean to you

Home Instead

Application

I interviewed at Home Instead

Interview

The interview had basic personal questions, situational questions, and experience-related questions. The interviewer was very polite and professional. Everything went smoothly and job descriptions were given. Payrate was also disclosed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Home Instead

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead

Interview

The interview was great around 30 minutes my interviewer asked great questions and was 100 honest about the job and made sure I understand the position I was applying for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Home Instead

Application

I interviewed at Home Instead

Interview

Some training.not much. They offer a lot but actually following thru with the results were lacking. They were rude at times At times I was confused because they did not work well as a team.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with caring for seniors

Anonymous Employee in Epsom, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Home Instead (Epsom, England) in Feb 2022

Interview

one on one sit down go over passed experience. The interviewer was very cheerful and upbeat. Asked the typical questions regarding past obstacles and future goals. If offered a job you will take a drug test on site at the time of the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult or challenging time while working. Describe a time when you felt overwhelmed or like you took on too much responsibility. Give information about passed care giver experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead (Round Rock, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

Call received Did an online interview Did not get back to me when they said they would/at all, which is quite frankly rude - even an auto generated unsuccfessful email would have been fine

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Home Instead? Tell us about yourself?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Home Instead (Brisbane)

Interview

Submitted application. Received call and person started asking questions that proved they had not read resume/application. Just a few examples... She asked if I lived in Jonesboro(my info shows a different city). She asked what was my PCA/CNA experience level(resume shows all that and I was NOT applying for a PCA/CNA position). I asked what were the "other duties" listed on the posting..she said it would be to cover phones after hours and handle emergencies. WHen I asked about those hours I was told that was IN ADDITION TO the 40 hours during the week and that it was for $25 a night. I told her during the questioning that I can't do lifting(due to a health issue). They called back a week later and left a VM saying the office position was filled but there were plenty of caregiver positions available. (even though I told her that I couldn't do that). 30 minutes later I got an automated email saying thank you for applying for the caregiver position(I never did that) but they decided to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions
  • They wasted time asking things that were already clearly listed in my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Home Instead (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Applied on the website, then the HR emailed me to submit my application on line. Called for the interview after phone interview. The following week, called for the interview in the office.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you wan to work as a caregiver for the elderly?. What do you want to work for them?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 367 Interviews

Home Instead Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Home Instead as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.15 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Caregiver and Senior Caregiver rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Home Health Caregiver and Home Health Aide roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Home Instead takes an average of 10 days when considering 341 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Caregiver had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Home Health Aide roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 9 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Home Instead according to 341 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.49%