Homeside Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Homeside Financial Interview Questions

Interviews at Homeside Financial

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

This was a two part interview for a mid to senior level developer position. There likely would have been an initial phone interview, but I was referred by a recruiter.

Part 1 -- A face-to-face meeting with the head of the IT department. Mostly a "social" fit, with the conversation mostly around past jobs/experience, a few hypothetical situations and how I would handle them, and some open ended tech questions that don't really have right or wrong answers.

Mostly a litmus test for:
    - General gauge of experience and past work
    - Ability to talk and walk through thought process
    - Receptive to feedback, comments, and dissenting opinions
    - Soft skills

Part 2 -- Code kata (off-site) + demo (on-site). A loosely defined code kata that was similar to a project a currently working dev was chipping away at.

o Win Service (process concurrent tasks)
    o Styled "Portal"
    o Basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete)

- Asked detailed questions to flush out spec further
    - Roughly a week to complete at leisure
    - 4-8 hours of work for something nice; more if you really wanted to polish it up
    - Speak to code and decisions
    - "What would you have done differently if you'd had more time?" etc

Definitely prefer this kind of interview to an in-person "Code day" where you really feel the heat.

Interview Questions

• Code Kata + Demo:

o Win Service (process concurrent tasks)
      o Styled "Portal"
      o Basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a great interview. It was laid back, more of a conversation than a grilling. Was able to ask any questions I had. Didn't feel pressured but left the interview excited.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that could help the company grow?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with a manager to start with, he liked me so he brought in Chad both were great and inviting. I got a call from Chad inviting me to a second interview. A week later I had my second Interview only with Chad this time, he was very nice and told me about the position and informed me he thought I was a great fit. He then presented a offer that I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Set the interview up through a College Career Fair after meeting with Rory.

First interview was with Chad Beldon - very easy going / not stressful. Was just trying to see if you could talk / were relatively normal. Was very informative, but I also felt it was slightly misleading after actually working with them.

Second interview was quick, to the point. Was with both Chad & Rory. Got an offer at the end of the interview (about 15-20 minutes).

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

Someone from Insight Global reached out to me and set me up with an interview with the SVP, after a great conversation with Mark about ourselves and my resume, i got a tour of the offices and shadowed someone in the position i was applying for to get a good idea of the day-to-day. After that went well, I was invited back for a 15 minute panel interview in front of each and every manager in the Columbus office. They gave me 3 or 4 questions to speak answer for them and basically just sell myself on why they should hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why Homeside Financial and why the mortgage industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (New Albany, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial interview with top of management, very straight forward and to the point.
    Explained the work structure along with pay and compensation, and also what it takes to become one of the best.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Very laid back typical first interview process. Got offered for a 2nd and 3rd interview after the first interview. Wasn't too sure how the interview was going until I got offered at the end for another interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews at the downtown Columbus office. My first interview was with Chad and my second interview was with Rory. Both of them were very professional and seemed genuinely excited to be interviewing me, which helped make the interview seem more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What were some extracurricular activities or clubs you were involved in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process here at Homeside was fantastic! They truly take the time to get to know the person that they are interviewing and have a vested interested in matching the company with the future employee. It was also a great chance to get to know the culture and family type atmosphere that Homeside has established!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time at work when you had to overcome a challenge and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Homeside Financial (Columbus, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I first had a 45 minute phone interview before I was even asked to come visit the office. Luckily I was asked to come to the office. I sat in the conference room for about 10 mins before the VP of the company came in and interviewed me. He asked rigorous questions about what I used to do and how I would be able to benefit the company.