HookLogic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HookLogic Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer, Data Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HookLogic in June 2016.

Interview

There was an Interview scheduled initially, but did any get any call from them. I have mailed them to ask if the Interview was postponed, but did not get any reply from them. Two days later, Recruiter mailed for the availability once again, and this time Interview was scheduled with the CTO and I talked to him on phone about my previous work experience and projects.

I tried reaching the recruiter many times after my Interview through call and mail, but did not get any reply from him. Its rude, please have the courtesy of providing feedback or at least the rejection mail if they feel I am really not good enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Hadoop project you are working on currently
      Tell me about your previous projects   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HookLogic.

Interview

They did a phone interview, I could hear that I was on speaker so I have no idea who else was listening, which was a little rude in my honest opinion. I also didn't like the person I was interviewing with, she sounded like she didn't like me at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use a pivot table?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HookLogic (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted by HR to set up an on site interview. Asked first about my resume and past experiences, then technical questions plus a coding question to solve on a white board.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HookLogic (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had an HR screen to see if I was interested in the role, then they asked a few generic questions about my background.

Next had a phone interview with a lead engineer. He asked me about my internships, coursework, projects, and then proceeded to ask obscure details of projects I completed a couple years ago. He then gave me a hypothetical question on handling large amounts of data and claimed the answer I gave wasn't optimal even though I knew it was and verified it was after the interview.

Never heard back from them, even after following up.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe the differences between RISC and CISC architecture   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you find an entry in both stream A and stream B if stream A has a billion entries and B has a million entries?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HookLogic (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I don't understand why they interviewed me in the first place because I think they never wanted to employ me.

They started the normal process of HR calls and then scheduled a technical interview with one of their Delivery Heads. He called me 10 mins behind the scheduled time and asked me a bit on my technical experience. After that, he apologized for having a urgent meeting and asked me if I was free to have another technical round with some algorithmic questions.

So we scheduled a technical round the next week and it went pretty well. They asked me about my experience again and asked me to list two of my projects that I am proud of. After that, they asked me two algorithmic questions which I answered correctly. They also acknowledged that my answers were correct.

After two days, they replied that I was not fit for the job!! Would they be kind enough to provide me with some more details considering that my interview was good and I had very relevant skills for the position that they were trying to fill in?

I just found this organization very unprofessional.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HookLogic.

Interview

I received an Emailed from HR to set up an Interview. I didn't received any response since the Email and got a call the next week in the morning to interview.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HookLogic (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

First contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with the manager.

Went back in for two more onsite interviews.

First one started out with the manager and another analyst who conducted a brief company culture interview then two other analysts came in for a more technical interview.

Second one was an interview with a larger panel with additional questions a week later.

Receptionist/Corporate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HookLogic (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First, phone interview. 2nd round is in person, round three is with a higher up (like CEO or CFO (I was told, didn't make it to round 3)). They care a lot more about the intangible things you have to offer, more than anything how you can contribute to the office culture and grow with the company. Best advice: be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing/achievement/accomplishment from
      a previous job that your proud of and why.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HookLogic.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview from the HR rep at hook logic. She asked very basic questions why I was interested, and asked me to explain experiences from my resume. The second step was an on site interview where several developers asked me more in depth technical and logical questions.

Interview Questions

• describe how to turn on a light   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HookLogic (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

A series of in person interviews. A simple programming problem problem was presented to be solved on a white board. Questions about social fit and expectations dominated the non-technical part of the interviews. The interviews were brief, but still seemed thorough. I met with both management and front line employees during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Solve the maximum sub-array problem in the language of your choice and give an analysis of the time complexity.   1 Answer