Horizon Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Horizon Air Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview

I have only done the video interview thus far. After the initial question invites you to describe yourself and share resume highlights, the following questions allow only 30 seconds to compose thoughts before 2 minute recording of response is recorded. About 8 questions.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Reno, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied at Horizon Air website, approx. 3 weeks later was invited to do a video interview, 1 day later was contacted by recruiter for orientation and face to face interview. Recruiters were not very prepared and the Manager who attended did not present himself in a professional manner or appearance as one might expect. It was very apparent from the recruiters and the Manager that the primary reason people come to Horizon Airlines are only the flight benefits. The Manager went so far as stating that because they are a smaller airline, an employee is able to operate in a multitude of work capacities which will make you more appealing to other airlines. The interview questions that were asked were exactly like all the interview questions posted here and as long as you study the questions on this site, you should be well prepared for the face to face interview. Horizon pays about $4.00/hr. less than most of the other airlines which is probably why the Manager was upfront about other opportunities and one of the Horizon employee's attending emphasized the high turnover. The recruiters who came to the orientation from Seattle were very nice but ill prepared and were focused primarily on arranging their return flights so they could fly back to Seattle together. The whole process seemed a little disillusioning and unprofessional even for a job that was paying just over minimum wage. The impression I got from the Horizon Airlines Manager at Reno was that Horizon was a good place to start and get the experience that will make you more appealing to another airline. The Manager expressed that their were no promotional opportunities unless you were willing to relocate. He stated that for him to promote, he started at RNO, went to Alaska then recently returned to RNO and was just married. I was expecting a little less personal information and a tad more company directed enthusiasm given that it was a recruitment type setting. I think I am going to focus my energies on attaining a position with a different airline. I was anticipating a whole room full of people competing for a few positions, the fact that only 6 people were there should have been an eye opener. Since Horizon is a sister company to Alaska Air and the recruiters came from Alaska Air, I'm not anticipating any better presentation with Alaska Air! I'm going to decline if offered. Just fyi, the pay is $11.86/hr.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked in inclement weather and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was selected for a VI. I had that last week and have not heard back yet. The process was easy. With the first question being a request to give a brief summary about my resume, I was able to re-do that as many times as I wanted. The rest of the questions I had 30 seconds to prepare my answer and 2 minutes to complete my answer. I believe I was asked 6 questions in the interview part. I feel very confident about my answers so hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Give a time you ran into an issue and had to make decisions and safety was your first priority. Name a time when a customer was upset with me and I had to work out the issue. I was given the Horizon mission statement and asked what resonated with me the most. I was asked why I wanted to work for Horizon and if I was aware it is a 24 hour a day 365 day a year position that requires me to be gone for up to several days at a time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an invitation for a video interview online, completed that within 24 hours and the same day I received a call with an invitation to go to a group interview in Portland. Travel and accommodations were not provided.

Started with a large group orientation about the company and benefits. Broke into two groups where we did introductions to a panel of 3, but in front of the group and then given a question out of a hat to answer in front of the group. We were then asked to form groups and think of a product or service for Alaska/Horizon to sell on board and create basically the marketing and pricing to pitch to the panel.

After that, we went to lunch and returned for individual interviews, afterwards they told you yes or no, if no- you were encouraged to reapply in 6 months. If yes, they had you stay to complete a drug test and fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were overwhelmed at work, what was the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working with a crew member who was not pulling their weight on a full flight?   Answer Question
    • What was the best job you have ever had and why?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to do a video interview. Waiting for results. All of these questions are easy if you prepare and talk to yourself in the mirror. Studied on Glassdoor and YouTube.

Interview Questions

• Welcome! Please share a little bit about you and some highlights from your resume.   Answer Question
    • Please share with us why you want to work at Horizon Air as a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Horizon Air's mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of our mission resonates with you?   Answer Question
    • Our fun loving, energetic, and adventurous personality comes from our Horizon Hearts as does our belief in customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer.
      What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • As a flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends , evenings, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
    • Safety is #1 here at Horizon Air. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Seattle, Washington. I did the online application process and submitted it. Later weeks, received an email with a couple question on it from the main recruiter and sent back my reply Next thing you know, I get a phone call and go through the phone-call interview (which was fairly easy) and then he offered me to come into the in person interview. When I did attend that interview, it was a group interview (about 20 of us there). Went through a slideshow which they explained and introduced them selves and the company. After that, it was a short break. Once we returned they began calling people out of the room for a one on one interview and then they would come back. After that, everyone was called again for another one on one interview but with a different interviewer. After the two interviews, you'd know if you were hired or not because right after that those offered the job we're taken into a separate room. And on the spot, we did a drug test (swab cheek), finger print scanning, and filled out the paperwork. We also received instructions for the next step as well as steps to getting our badge.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you saw someone doing something unsafe? How did you respond?
      Why Horizon?
      Are you willing to work with hard labor as well as unpredictable weather conditions?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was simple and so was the video interview as long as you do your homework here on glassdoor.
    All of the interview questions can be found here.
    Watch YouTube videos also to prepare yourself.
    After submitting resume within 7 days recieved unvite for Video interview. Once I completed the video interview the Horizon recruiter and I were basically playing phone tag. Recruiter would call from different time zone which was 4 hour difference making it before regular business hours.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a problem with a coworker and how did you handle the situation   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Horizon Air in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, then received an email inviting me to participate in a VI. I thought I was prepared, as I used Glassdoor which had most of, if not all questions asked. I rated the experience as negative, only because I was extremely nervous, and I quite literally bombed. I knew I wouldn't be invited to a F2F and I was right. I received the email today stating so. I will just use this as a learning experience and do better next time if the opportunity presents itself, hopefully with Horizon in the future or with another carrier. Does anyone know how long before I'll be able to apply again? I also applied to Alaska Airlines, will they use this VI and decline my application?

Interview Questions

• Horizon Air's mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of our mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   3 Answers

Horizon Air Response

Aug 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator/Concierge

Thank you for submitting your Video Interview. You are eligible to reapply for the Horizon Flight Attendant six months from the time of your Video interview. Alaska Airlines will not use your... More

Publications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Horizon Air in July 2017.

Interview

The first meeting was a test on formatting a document in MS Word and applying editorial style.
    The second meeting was an interview with the department manager and human resources. I was very impressed with the company and the process. Also, they called me in person to tell me they'd chosen a different candidate. That's classy and almost unheard of these days.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a coworker who is difficult to work with?   1 Answer

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Orientation precedes rounds of 1-on-1 and panel interviews. Interviews are conducted in order of check in, I was early to the interview and was interviewed early on in the half-day process. The recruiters and airline personnel made the experience a positive one and did their best to cut any stress or nervous energy. In interviews they did expect to have questions asked of them in return and it felt like not having any critical questions would have counted against the applicant. My advice is to know the company and be passionate. Share your experiences that inspired you to be part of the Alaska Air Group family.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer