Horizon Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Horizon Air Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I have nothing but good things to say about this interview process. First and for most, I've been so so many airline interviews so this was far from my first.

It begins with a checkin in the lobby, then a short presentation about the company, pay, lifestyle ect. The presentation is pretty fun, interactive and informative. The recruiter presenting is really nice and personable. **Please don't try to ask "Smart sounding questions" during or after the presentation, I promise there are no brownie points, it just prolongs the interview process....(I heard some people from my group attempting this, note pad and pencil in hand ready for question and answers)

Moving on.... Phase 2, group interviews, so about half the group on room the other half another room. At first we had to organize ourselves in a seating formation based on alphabetical order of our last names...Yeah I was really struggling here singing the alphabet to find out my last names order...but working as a team, eye contact and following instructions are what they are paying attention to... so have fun and enjoy this exercise

Then introduce yourself, where you are from and answer a random job-related question. everybody gets a flashcard and read the back of what it says, go around in a circle. I got "difficult co-worker"-how to handle it. Stand up when speaking in the group, sweeping eye contact, smiling and clear voice.

Then the group gets split into 4 mini groups to create a product for Alaska and the present. We thought of a product and then presented it as an advertisement. It was not so much about the product, but how well we could work with each other and communicate. (fun fact: Our whole mini group got job offers) So yes, laugh, smile have fun while also communicating and completing the task. be personable

Lastly, say who is a celebrity you look up to. PLEASE guys do not say Donald trump. It's awkward and half the class rolls there eyes, the other half are afraid to make any signs of agreement. No politics, some people in my group said this and recruiters where looking around "surprised"

everyone takes a long lunch, lots of great food places in downtown Portland

Final Phase
    One on on, super straight forward, why do you want to work for this company, resume review. Asking questions about previous work as listed on the resume you bring with you. Are you willing to travel, relocate, what makes you special....."tell me a time when..." type questions.

Be yourself, but not to ratchet, smile, joke, show your easy to talk to and have a "can-do" attitude.

ADVICE: They drug test even for weed which is legal in Portland but not federally so prepare to do a drug test right on the spot that day....

Dressing, Guys and girls, please wear formal interview attire, no wrinkles, look clean at least. I got the job offer the same day. Be confidant and positive, attitude is everything. Alot of people came a long ways and didn't get offers so prepare to buy your own plane ticket, hotel, ect if you get invited tot he interview and don't live in Portland, Oregon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult co-worker   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Portland. The recruiters were amazing and extreamly nice but sort of intimating. Wear your hair up and no fly aways and wear nylons. I would reccomend arriving about 30 minutes early in order to start a bond with those you will be interviewing with soon. They're extreamly generous and offer beverages. Make sure to go to lunch with other interviewees!

Application

Interview

Applied to Horizon about a month prior,received email to complete video interview and the following morning was invited to join the face to face in Portland. I say get there an hour to 30 mins early and mingle with the other applicants. It started at exactly 9am with a presentation of the company its history success & its plans for the future followed by run down of the benefits,salaries, training and any questions you may have. After that we had a break for a few minutes, remember to be on time to each session. After break we split into 2 groups where we sat by last name there is a card with a question on it so be prepared for situational questions. Remember to follow directions so many people went off topic probably from being nervous but try to stay focused. Remember to smile, make eye contact with everyone & try to steady your voice. After we answered our questions we were put in smaller groups to design a product for the company. The recruiters are watching so make sure you listen to your team mates smile, make suggestions & have fun. Once that is finished you have lunch break, get to know your fellow applicants they are just as nervous as you encourage each other, just have a good time yet remain professional. During this time you will be given a time to be back for your one on one interview and after that you will be notified on the spot if you were accepted!! Good luck and definitely try it again if you don't get it the first time they will be hiring again!!

Ground Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air.

Interview

Was relaxed and straight forward. HR first did a short presentation about the company and then held individual interviews for each person in attendance. Felt bad for people that had a late interview. They originally said the while thing would be only two hours. Some people where there at 0830 and then had to come back at 430 for there individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a conflict you once had with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

The pay is barely above minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Arrive on time. Interview starts right at 9. Starts with an orientation about the company. Break into two groups. Do real easy group projects. Then you break and they give you times when you need to be back to the room for your one on one interview. Recruiters/HR are super nice. Don't be nervous. Be yourself! :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received response withing 2 weeks of position close. Did video interview. Super easy, but very awkward. Received offer via phone call to interview in person within one week. Phone call include further questions. Interviewing tomorrow from 8am to 4pm. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What part of the mission statement resonatd with me the most?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Horizon Air in January 2017.

Interview

Did my video interview, got a call a couple weeks later. She asked me questions and invited me to an interview in Portland. The interview was laid back. Received a CJO on the spot. Going to training March 13th :)

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

My first interview was a video interview. I was called the next day after submission and asked to attend a face-to-face interview in Portland. The first part of the day was an information session about the company and what to expect as a FA. Then we did group interviews for about an hour and then each person was scheduled a time for a one-on-one interview.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air in January 2017.

Interview

Did an online digital interview, Smile! Was called 2 weeks later and invited to the group interview in Portland. Group is at your expense. Had an initial run down on what the day would look like and what to expect at the group interview. I can tell you, you NEED to be prepared. Do your research, read Kiki Wards book as it has great in site on what to expect. Always make eye contact and smile until your cheeks hurt. Ask smart qestions, sit in front of the class. Recruiters honestly made you feel very comfortable and at ease. Was split into a large group then a smaller one. The recruiters are looking at how you work with a team and interacting. One on one was pretty simple and brief. Have faith in yourself and stay positive you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• How do you use safety in your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that you had an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you put in for other positions with Alaska Airlines and you accept Horizon your applications will be withdrawn. From Alaska. I have heard nothing but amazing things from my other FA friends about Horizon. Small but great company and all FA'S are like family.

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Horizon Air (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 days later I was invited to submit a video interview. The video interview consisted of 9 customer service based questions and you had 30 seconds to view and think about the question before you record it.
    I received a call to do a mini phone interview a few days later and after she finished asking me questions about my previous work experience she scheduled me a face to face interview at the airport. The Airport interview was a panel of 4 Alaska Air employees asking situational questions and a few questions asking about how much you knew the company. After the panel interview I was told to check my email to see if I would be selected for the next step which is a Skype or FaceTime interview. My interview was at 11:30am and I received the email at 5pm that same day letting me know I was selected for the Skype interview.
    The Skype interview was like the panel interview the recruiter asked a lot of customer service questions and a few scenarios on how you would respond with a situation. At the end of questions she offered me the job and let me know I would be taking a drug test and submitting the paperwork for the background check. I leave for a 10 day paid training in Seattle soon.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a customer who had unreasonable expectations from you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • If you saw a coworker doing something that was breaking the rules how would you deal with that situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation set pay.