Hot Dog on a Stick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hot Dog on a Stick

2.0

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Memphis, TN) in April 2009.

Interview

Only asked how many hours I could work, could I suggestive sell products and my ability to open and close the store, and make nightly deposits when necessary.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accpeted minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (El Paso, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I asked for an application and was asked on the spot why I wanted to work there, I got a call a few days later for an interview. The interview consisted of actually doing the job, making lemonade, making a hot dog and passing out samples. You do get payed for the two hours you spent working.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is a mix between one's skill and one's personality. HDOS looks for employees that are quick and adaptive learners but also happy to come to work everyday and actually shows that cheer/joy when interacting with customers, coworkers, and management.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interview is a standard entry-level fast food type of interview. One must show his or her personality and skill and actually research the company (as with any company one is applying to) and ask your interviewer questions to show that actual interest in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my hourly pay rate, but was paid a reasonable rate based on my flexible and open availability.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, basic interview questions. Manger was just basically looking for a friendly smile. As long as you come off easy going you will probably get the interview. It is all about clicking with the crew! The overall experience was pleasant.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Henderson, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was easy

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick in August 2010.

Interview

At first you are interviewed either individually or in a group. If the managers feel like you would be a good fit with our family(crew) then you get the change to audition. An audition is pretty much exactly what it sounds like and lasts for 2 hours. Its your chance to prove that you have got what it takes to be a good hotdogger. For the first 30-45 mins you read the personnel policy and then for the rest of the time you are up front in the uniform helping out customers and possibly learning how to make a lemonade if the timing is right(lemonade is made every 1.5-2 hours). If you are loud enough and attentive to the customers needs you have a good chance of being hired. At the end you get paid $17.00 on the spot and if you stand out enough, you get the job. If there are others that are being auditioned you might have to wait a week or so to find out.

Interview Questions

• In a group interview you will often be asked what qualities make you stand out compared to the others, or essentially, why should we hire you over the other 2 or 3 people being interviewed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick.

Interview

It was a group interview in the food court with about 4 other applicants. It lasted for about twenty minutes. The questions were simple and focused on personality assessment. After, I was called back for an "audition" during which I worked at the store in full uniform. They had me take orders from customers and making and serving lemonade.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Boring questions, then we were asked to come in for a performance session and I was hired on the spot.

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Arcadia, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I explained my hours and availabilities first. I then was asked a few questions about myself to break the ice. It was a very easy process that lasted about 30 minutes. I was then asked to work for two hours the next day for 20 dollars as a trial. All they want to see is that you try to learn and are a team player.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Dog on a Stick (Palmdale, CA).

Interview

what do u think about our uniforms?