Hotjar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hotjar Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

After filling out an online form, I was asked to submit a bio video. We then had a phone interview, a 2-3 day test task, and finally a presentation/demo. The whole process is we documented by the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a difficult or challenging situation you've encountered, and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

After filling out a pretty long online form, I was asked to submit a video of myself answering 5 different questions. Then I got to the phone interview. I talked with an HR rep. and the director of design for about an hour. There were several “standard” interview questions and we also talked about my work and how I approached design and bit about my portfolio. Everyone was super friendly and down to earth. A few days after the interview they told me I didn’t make it to the final step of the recruitment process.

Even though I didn’t get the job, the entire process was a fun and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• About conflict at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe your design process, your way of implementing a feature that’s been discussed in a group.   Answer Question
    • What words would your colleagues use to describe you?   Answer Question

Oct 3, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on the process and our team. Very much appreciated! Ken Weary, VP, Operations

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Hotjar recruits product designers through a 5-stage process:
    Application > Video > Call > Task > Offer
    And it was the most respectful recruiting experience I have had since up to date.

Interview Questions

• Give us some examples of workplace distractions and tell us how do you cope with them   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback. Best of luck in your search.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later. They wanted to know a salary range but said they do a market analysis every time to be competitive. I said I was confident their range was good. They then replied and asked for a minimum as they didn't want to go through the process and find out that my salary was too high or theirs was too low.

How about you save everyone some time and be transparent. Instead say our range is $x to $y. Does that work for you? Also they hire you as an independent contractor so you'd need to purchase your own benefits etc.

You get what you pay for!

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruitment Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your application process. I'm sorry to hear of your negative experience.

We use the salary information provided to us by candidates to help us... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was comprehensive, including a task that took 2 weeks to complete. This was a great opportunity to get to know the people I'd be working with and observe their daily interactions. Overall I'm grateful I got the chance to do it.

Interview Questions

• Demo a new feature for a potential customer and record it.   1 Answer

Mar 9, 2018 – VP of Operations

Congrats on the new job! Glad to hear you enjoyed the process. Thanks for the feedback.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

There are several steps to completing the process. Thankfully, the company provides detailed information on their site. In addition to submitting a resume and cover letter there are multiple questions applicants are required to answer. Culture fit is a high priority so I suggest applicants answer in their own voice as opposed to plugging in buzz words or submitting too much of a canned response.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Hotjar follows a 5 stage interview process which includes:
    - Filling out an online form/questionnaire,
    - Submit a video of yourself answering 5 different questions
    - Phone interview with representatives from HR and Marketing
    - 3 Day Task and Task presentation( Paid )
    - Chat with CEO and offer
    The interview process requires time and dedication and even though the difficulty level is high the fact that everyone is friendly and willing to help makes it feel easier.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Jan 3, 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience and we look forward to having you onboard!

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

It's exactly as listed on their site! I got to stage three which is the phone interview but sadly didn't make it past there. After they let me know I wasn't moving forward to the next stage I asked for specific feedback and the hiring manager took the time to write me a nice email explaining exactly where the gap in my fit for the role was . I'll definitely keep an eye on their site for future roles. The interview process is very involved and takes time but I didn't find it too much given the role is remote, you kind of expect that level of involvement in an interview process.

Interview Questions

• About conflict at work...I think they ask this question to everyone so have an answer ready!   Answer Question

Sep 28, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks so much for the feedback and for applying at Hotjar. We really appreciate you taking the time to do both! Ken Weary, VP Operations

Paid Search Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Remote, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was long (2 months) but enjoyable. I thought even if I did not get an offer, the experience itself was so worth it, just for the learning! I completed about 9 video calls and a 2-week task. The hiring team challenged me and it was a fantastic experience!

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Jan 16, 2019 – VP of Operations

Glad you found the process enjoyable. We do our best and still have room for improvement. Thanks for the feedback. We are super glad you joined the team.

Hero Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar.

Interview

Submitted application and selected for a video pre-interview. Quick response after submitting the application. Only complaint was for the video pre-interview, I needed to record my own video, edit and then send it to them. They did not have a website or application for you to use.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Feb 7, 2018 – VP of Operations

Very helpful feedback! We've been looking at a service that manages the video recording in a more streamlined manner in order to improve the experience for our candidates (and make things easier for... More