Hudl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hudl Interview Questions

Interviews at Hudl

2.9

Interview

After scheduling an interview at a career fair, one video interview discussing a web page and how I would go about testing it. Relatively informal, no technical experience necessary to succeed.

Interview Questions

• How would you test this web page   1 Answer

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudl.

Interview

Virtual conference with People Operations and an engineer.

Extremely professional, worked within the time frame of the scheduled interview and even jumped into the hard questions so we could get done early.

While this is not the right time to continue forward with Hudl, during the interview it was very clear this is a company I want to pursue in the long run. If the rest of the company are anywhere near as pleasant as the two I spoke with today, it's an amazing place to be.

Interview Questions

• General logistics and behavioral questions. Background.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudl (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a very quick process at about 15 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and was personable and made me feel as if I was answering in the correct manner. It was essentially questions about myself and how I would fit into the job description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond to achieve something   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudl (Omaha, NE) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was flexible and and everyone who talked to me was kind. Hudl sent me notes on a challenge they are facing and how I would approach it. The discussion went well, I explained what I would do and they took notes. It seemed they were genuinely interested in my approaches, so they asked more explanation. To my surprise, I did not get selected. While I am not much disappointed, sometimes I feel they probably are using the interview process to get ideas for the challenges they are facing. Its a cheap/inexpensive way to get the work done. After a wonderful technical deep discussion (called interview) and a rejection with lack of proper feedback, I am inclined to think they used me to get ideas. Overall, I believe the company is good and they are probably solving interesting challenges. The only thing I am not sure is if they really are interested in hiring anyone.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hudl in October 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews which were both through Zoom (video). Both interviews were pretty casual and half technical and the other half was behavioral. Both the first interview and final interview were conducted with two employers.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudl (New York, NY).

Interview

I was approached by their recruiter about a senior position. I had a 30 minute phone screen and a 90 minute technical interview over zoom. Here's a few red flags:

1.). Their recruiter implied there's a much different standard for the "unlimited vacation" for European vs US employees. He actually said something along the lines of "if you want to take 10-15 days (a year), that is OK.". Considering I get over 25 combined vacation/sick days now, that would have been a major downgrade. It made me realize that Hudl is basically using "unlimited" vacation as an accounting loophole, as Nebraska state law requires companies to pay out accrued vacation when an employee leaves.

2.) I was advised that they have an on-call rotation and engineers are often required to man the phones and offer tech support to coaches during busy season. No thanks!

3.). The tech interview was a relatively easy problem, but there were no constraints around the problem. I was given less than an hour to implement the backend API for a user's content feed on their main social media website. Their expectation seemed to be that I would write production ready code without any requesite domain knowledge, which is a laughable expectation in a 60 minute timeframe.

I was given a single DTO and a few interfaces that I needed to implement. This was all to be done in a crappy web-based code editor without intellisense or any unit tests to validate the requirements.

I was maligned for not writing an efficient enough solution. I didn't order the content (even though there was no date field in the DTO). I also didn't paginate the results (again, never specified in the reqs). When questioned, I always had a solution. I've built plenty of apps from the ground up, so I find their lack of confidence in my abilities quite insulting.

In the end, I don't care. I didn't want the job anyway. They think they are Microsoft, but they're just another average Nebraska startup with low pay/benefits.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudl in July 2019.

Interview

Submitted an application within a week got an email for a phone interview.Phone interview wasn't long I thought I wouldn't get job. They asked basic question on past jobs skills. Being a Hudl user as a player and as a coach in football I thought I would have a better chance. Let them know I play women's professional football knowing plenty teams that don't use this app thought it would be good to dominate that field in sales. Positive interview. I have now submitted for a different position there hopefully I can get a positive outcome.

Interview Questions

• What are some of my past sales jobs.   1 Answer

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudl (Lincoln, NE) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview and tour. Phone interview explained the position and benefits and compensation and asked scenario questions. In person were more personality questions and more scenario questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of person annoys you and how do you deal with that person   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hudl (Omaha, NE) in May 2019.

Interview

My interview process was a complete mess. Multiple broken promises from recruiters, was left hanging with no update for months on end, and was contacted by other recruiters at Hudl for jobs I (in theory) was already interviewing for that had no idea I was being talked to.

Finally managed to break through to hiring managers there were actually in the department I was applying for and ended up effectively redoing all the initial conversations I had with the first recruiter. I was also told by one of the hiring managers that they were now leery of even talking to me because I had been interviewing somewhere else, too.

It was honestly one of the worst experiences I have ever had interviewing with a company and if it's any indication of how the company is run I'm glad I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you failed to convince leadership of your roadmap plan and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudl in May 2019.

Interview

After exchanging emails with a recruiter, I was cold called by a Hudl employee who wanted to schedule an interview with me later that week. Apparently people at Hudl don't like playing phone tag, so they avoid that with a phone call. Later that week, we sat down on a video chat, and there were two interviewers. It was not at all a typical interview where they ask the interviewer questions. It was almost entirely genuine conversation. After the 30 minutes they had scheduled me for ended, we were still in the middle of a great conversation, so they asked me if I was free for another 30 min so they could extend the interview to twice the length.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as a potential area where Hudl could grow or improve in the near future?   1 Answer
    • How would you summarize who you are?   Answer Question