Hulu Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Hulu

HardAverageEasy
Found 362 candidate interviews
Featured InterviewHelpful (2)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

Initial phone chat with recruiter followed by a technical phone screen that lasted around an hour. Next step was a virtual 'onsite' that consisted of 2 coding interviews and 2 system design interviews. The interviews were extremely technical and design focused. The coding interviews focused very heavily on creating reliable code, thinking of edge cases and collaborating well with the interviewer. System design interviews were fairly standard and covered both designing a new system and talking about design experience and previous systems that I had designed. This was easily one of the most professional and well run interview processes that I had been part of. It also dived very deep on a technical level so you'll need to be very well prepared. There was no room to hand wave your way through it. These factors gave me additional confidence in Hulu as a company from both the technical bar and general organization which was key in me accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot reveal questions asked so just filling in this section
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

The typical process, the recruiter introduced the job, and the next interview was in person. I enjoyed the in person, but they ultimately went with another candidate. I enjoyed the back and forth with the recruiter more than the in person.

Interview Questions
Hulu
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

It was very professional. Its a bit lengthy if you make it to the final round. Online interviews can be distracting so make sure you are in a nice place.

Interview Questions
  • What have you learned in your previous jobs that you can use in this one?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

Interviewed by two managers in a little office in both english and Spanish because my position was bilingual. Was given scenarios to respond to. And was given the details of what my work would consist of. Then they also have a three week learning program if you get hired

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with difficulties in workplace
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (India)

Interview

Game based assesment that checked various cognitive skills it was really unique and good approach. I had first hand experience and it doesn't require and preparation. Only the presence of mind is required.

Interview Questions
Hulu
Anonymous Employee in South Africa
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (South Africa)

Interview

it was good, those guys were very friendly yoh, what more can you say. My god who created this system where am i going to get 30 words, we do not have time bafwethu.

Interview Questions
Hulu
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (India)

Interview

Good process, guided us well. Especially beneficial for freshers who have not had previous experience. The HR was good, made us feel welcome and the process was extremely punctual. Overall a very good learning experience.

Interview Questions
Hulu
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (United States) in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to sign up for a phone interview time-slot. I had my phone interview about 10 days later. They also included a link to their mission page online.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What was one incident in your previous job in which you had to mediate a challenging customer concern?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

It started out with a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter where they explain the role, the team, and who they're looking for. You should be prepared (at basically all stages) to talk a bit about yourself, your background, and what you can bring to the team. After the recruiter was a 60 minute technical phone screen. About ~20 minutes was spent on getting to know me as an applicant, my background, etc. The remaining time was in an online code collaboration environment where you walk through a problem with your interviewer(s). I'd say brush up on your coding language of choice; being able to solve LC mediums is about where you'd like to be in terms of fluency. But the problem itself can be more numerical than you'd see on LC — calibrate properly. After the technical interview is a (virtual, due to COVID-19) onsite. This consisted of back-to-back interviews, with the team being clear that I can take mini breaks as often as necessary. I met with a number of other technical and non-technical members that are part of or interface with the data science team. I closed out the interview with my recruiter where we went over the debrief timeline and competing offers. Overall I felt the interview process was difficult, but if you prepare in advance it was relatively fair given their standards. I made sure to thoroughly review areas of data science that closely aligned to what the team would be working on day-to-day (recommendation systems, modeling pipelines, etc).

Interview Questions
Hulu
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Hulu (United States)

Interview

First, a 30-minute screen with recruiter, including a compare/contrast question about two specific software. Next, a 60-minute technical interview -- half is discussing your past work, and half is a shared-screen coding problem that you go into almost blind.

Interview Questions
  • What metrics have you used to evaluate a model in the past?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 362