Hulu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager, Operations Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Small things make a huge impression. Having my name on the board welcoming me to the interview was one of those small things. Having multiple waters and snacks on the table also was helpful in easing in to the interview process. I felt wanted as opposed to just another candidate.

The interview process gave great insight in to some of the challenges the team was facing and I was more than prepared for the interview simply from previous experience. The questions were about creating and following processes from a management standpoint but also as an individual contributor and for someone who hadn't done both the questions would have revealed shortcomings rather quickly.

I had 3 phone screenings and then a panel interview onsite. The interview process was scheduled for an entire day and required a day off from my previous job. The interviews took all of that time.

Interview Questions

• How would you establish a process for Incident Management where the existing process is loosely followed?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu.

Interview

Firstly did an assessment, last for 6 hours. My program worked but the performance was not too good. Still I got an interview call. Second round interview - I solved the question but did not get the passion out of interviewer. I think I was asking the wrong question so the communication was not to good.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation related question - not too difficult but the follow up was harder. I was asked about the situation where strings get really long.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then hiring manager. In person interview for four hours with different HR professionals, each 30min. Very unproductive way to get to know someone. It felt like speed dating. They asked the same question over and over. No excitement for me as a candidate. The VP was focused on weaknesses and trying to find the negative in every situation. They also had a “test” type question you needed to prepare and present to the VP and hiring manager. Overall it a not a good experience as a candidate, especially after they recruited me. I had no desire to work there after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can’t recall the exact question but it was focused on receiving negative feedback.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The recruiter was very efficient in getting time set up, letting me know who I'd speak with, and walking me through every step. The offer came through quickly and the recruiter did a great job explaining the details to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Handed them my resume on university career fair. Was contacted after 2-3 weeks to solve an online coding challenge. After that, was contacted by a recruiter to setup a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers (sorted), find the sequences of integers. e.g. [4,5,7,9,10,12] should return [4,5], [7], [9,10],[12]   Answer Question

Customer Viewer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied and than was sent an email for an assessment which includes basic grammar and math problems, also a quick mock run through of being able to access basic computer files. After this was submitted I was invited to do a video interview 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have a great customer experience?   Answer Question
    • Customer needs help with HULU login, how would go about helping them?   Answer Question
    • Customer calls regarding a show, after further research of account, they have been receiving HULU for free for the past 6 months. How do you handle this?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and talked to the recruiter at a USC Viterbi event. I got notified through email that I had a week to complete a coding challenge and email it in.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge. Make an AI hangman player.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 6-hour hangman coding challenge and a phone interview. The coding challenge had a large window, but you could spend however much time you wanted on it. I had a lot of fun with it.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement an elevator control system in Java?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was like any other interview at a tech company. Super friendly call from HR, then a phone screening with a hiring manager. A week later they flew me out to Santa Monica for an onsite interview, around 8 interviews back to back. Questions were pretty behavioral, mainly talked about experience and why you fit in at Hulu. Everyone I met was friendly, but everyone was a caucasian employee, all from the same clique and all kind of look like your typical West LA bro.

Granted, the interview was friendly. Very simple questions you would NEVER use on the job so brush up on your fundamentals. The worst thing is after spending all this time to interview, they never called to follow up and tell me I didn't get the position, even after a follow up email. Definitely not respectful of your time, especially when you need to take a day off from your regular day job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hulu in September 2017.

Interview

Write a hangman AI solver in 6 hours. You can choose any language you like and you can use training data online. One difference of hangman game is that we are required to guess a sentence instead of a single word.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a telephone interview regarding the test concepts and the test processes. The interview went for about an hour. After 4 days I got a email from Recruiter for the onsite interview. I had an interview in Seattle, the interview took more than 6 hours, the longest interview I have ever attended.

Interview Questions

• Do you know to read a crash log and identify the root cause.   Answer Question