Hulu Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 412 of over 412 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Hulu

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

Call with recruiter, call with manager, call with 2 team members, final offer - whole process took 2 weeks. Everyone was kind and easy to talk to. The recruiter I worked with was great and made the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Mainly about career aspirations and what growth would look like.
    Answer Question

Hulu

Application

I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

Did a virtual "on-site" that lasted a few hours. Had to do a presentation then had interviews with different members of the team. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. Everything about this was typical but thought finding out about the decision was strange. Received an email to schedule a call. Got rejected during the call and was told no feedback can be shared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Hulu

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Hulu

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

Wow, was this the worst experience I’ve had. The original recruiter who reached out to me via LinkedIn struggled to show up on time (10 minutes late), sent the wrong links for my follow up interviews, and generally struggled with communication. I eventually went through five interviews and created/gave a presentation. While I understand that it does not guarantee a job offer, I would hope that time and effort would be provided with at least an automated rejection email. While I did follow up with the hiring manager and the recruiter (a new one as the original one was taken off the role), I never heard any update on the role. Hopefully Hulu works on their recruitment process and treats their employees with more respect than those who they interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hulu

Application

I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

Simple process overall, recruiters are very old-school from a tech perspective. Typical flow of behavioral, followed by some paired programming interviews. I had no reference. A lot of emphasis on work culture, but offered salary came up lackluster overall.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hulu

Application

I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

HR Phone screen followed by a technical interview. Easy leet code problems asked. Great benefits and intern program sounded good but the pay capped at 35$/hr and wouldn't negotiate. Would've prefered this position but no room since Disney purchased them.

Hulu

Application

I interviewed at Hulu

Interview

Very simple, straight forward, almost intimate as hiring manager wanted to get to know individual and work ethic. Surprised by transparency of hiring manager and was able to ask the questions I wanted to ask.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

Did a quick 15 min screener interview on the phone then met with the manager a week later. The interviewer was very kind and set a comfortable tone for an interview. Was through zoom. The recruiters were helpful as well with scheduling.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you experienced a communication issue with your team and how did you overcome it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview process was fast once I was in touch with the recruiter. The interview was with two hiring managers. Unfortunately I was ghosted and never heard back from Hulu after my interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time where you were a leader?

Hulu

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hulu in Dec 2021

Interview

THE WORSE RECRUITER. The process structure was normal: Recruiter screening, SQL interview, Hiring Manager interview, Panel interview. The recruiter however was the worse I've experienced. He was bad at following up and completely lost my email for almost 2 weeks. He would tell me he'd give me an update but respond back a week after when he originally stated. He said I'm moving on to the next phase and asked for my availability, but when I gave it to him (within 30min of his email), he replied back a week later saying he "dropped the ball" and "completely missed my email". He would tell me I'm meeting with the HM but schedule me with a Sr Analyst. I had to question him before he realized he scheduled the wrong person. The overall communication was VERY poor from start to finish. He notified me at 4pm (after losing my email for a week) that my final 2 hour panel interview was being scheduled for the next day (at 11am) so I barely had any time to prepare. Thankfully, the interview was fine and everyone was very easy to talk to. They asked case study questions related to the business which I was familiar with. Also, it wasn't until this point when he said he submitted me for a Lead role instead of the Senior role which I initially applied for (and his first email to me was for the Senior role). Not sure if this was a decision from the team to interview me for the Lead or not... Either way, I ended up not getting the position. At least this time the recruiter was on time. He said he would update me mid-week the following week and sent me a rejection email on Thursday morning. One last thing, he asked if I wanted a call to discuss the decision, asked if I'm available later in the day or following week. I replied yes and that I'm free anytime. He didn't get back to me until end of the day with "sorry for the late response", which is pretty much recurring statement at this point. Then told me we can chat on Monday (today was Thursday) at noon. Come noon on Monday...no call. I mean, what else did I expect??? I emailed him back and still no response. Every time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking something must be happening with his life for this type of communication. But I didn't get any explanation other than "sorry, I've been a terrible recruiter." WHAT A JOKE. A dream role for me, now turned off to applying for another one in the future.

Interview Questions
  • business case questions around subscriber churn. SQL test on joins and window functions. Describe a time you messed up.
2 people found this interview helpful

Hulu

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu in Dec 2021

Interview

The process goes like: 1. Recruiter Phone Screen 2. Zoom interview with hiring manager 3. Zoom interviews with 4-5 team members The hiring team is fine. Everyone is very easy to talk to, but the process is unnecessary and extremely long. Do we really need to go through 5 additional interviews with other team members to make a decision? After I finished the final interviews, the recruiting team has ghosted and probably forgot my name. At least send a rejection letter if I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 412 Interviews

Hulu Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Hulu as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.11 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer(Internship) and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Hulu takes an average of 23 days when considering 440 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Software Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 18 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Hulu according to 440 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 37.34%