Humanscale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Master Data Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humanscale (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Basic questions. Called in for an in person interview. Met with two directors and the manager. Very friendly and welcoming. Conversational meeting. Did IT assessment. Excel, word and typing speed. Offered position later the same day and accepted. Overall very smooth and no problems at all! HR was amazing with on boarding and providing support and information throughout. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, excel knowledge, pivot tables, general overview of company and job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic questions were asked and the staff was friendly. Some coding questions were asked which were relatively easy to answer. He asked me on my background on java and some simple questions such as BST, Level order traversal were asked.

Installation Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humanscale in September 2013.

Interview

Emailed resume and was called back to schedule an interview. Basic questions about the position and pay which I felt went well, being a handy person, non professional skills that directly related to the position and well within the pay range mentioned.

I wasn't offered the position at the time and when I inquired about my status I was told they weren't interested in me at that time.

About a month or two later I was contacted by another person, not the initial contact or the person who did the interview and was offered the job. I was really interested in the position at the time but had already taken another job and the long delay and lack of information as to why I wasn't right left me with a bad feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humanscale (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy, brief, met with 3 people over all. Considering most of the staff doesn't speak english, I was a shoe in. I'm not sure what the hiring process is there, didn't seem to be one.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Spoke initially with the Recruiter and impressed with the pitch. Sounded like he really was trying hard to get me an interview. I eventually met with the hiring manager then the VP. Never happened. Lame and it's their loss.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about my current company which the manager never heard of. That should have been a red flag if he's never heard of a company that's been in existence for 130 years.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

6 interviews all the way up the chain to the VP of Sales. Mostly via the phone. 30-45 minute conversations. Very thorough interview process and questioning. They take it very seriously, even for basic jobs. All of the interviewers pretty much ask the same questions and ask for explanation on your background and experience within the field.

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale in January 2015.

Interview

1.) Recruiter phone screen 2.) In-person interview with local district manager 3.) Phone interview with regional manager 4.) Phone interview with regional VP 5.) In-person interview with all 3 managers...... Ridiculously repetitive questioning. Zero emphasis on educational or personal background or interests (iow: who are you as a person?); 100% of questions are strictly work experience-related and numbers-driven. The regional manager and VP were very cold and rather unprofessional. The regional manager was 20 minutes late to call me for our phone interview (round 3) and had clearly not spent any time looking over my resume. Then at one point in the call, I heard him walking through what sounded like a wind tunnel with all kinds of street and wind background noise going on (thanks for taking my interview seriously, buddy. Your time is way more important than mine; got it.). The recruiter was sweet, but highly inexperienced. She told me after the 4th round interview that "they love you" and "if you'd just be willing to drive 3 hours away to meet with them all in person, I really think they'll give you an offer. It's really a formality for you to meet the other two." I felt like I was set up for an ambush, as the final round was the most grueling of all - driven by the regional guys - with an intense line of questioning. There was no smiling or any opportunity to lighten the mood. It made me wonder whether they ever liked me in the first place and why I'd been asked to drive 3 hours to meet with them after weeks of interviews. Also worth mentioning, all of these managers were men. This place seems to have a bit of an "old boys' club" culture with very few women in management positions. I thought for a moment I might want to work for this company, but I am truly thankful and glad I won't be.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of precise past work questions, situational questions and how you plan to be successful with them. Don't plan on them wasting any minutes breaking the ice or caring about who you are as a person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humanscale (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Then followed by 2 in person interviews. At each stage of the process, there was about a 2 week gap. From the initial submission of application to where an offer was made, the process was 2 months. Both managers were very warm and friendly. I could have seen myself working there, but received a better offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Humanscale is very organized during the interview process. Initial contact was with the company's HR/Recruiter, but was quickly transitioned to the local District Manager (DM) and Regional Director (RD). My process may not have been exactly typical, but I first met with the DM and RD where they asked a lot about my prior experiences, hopes and dreams, basic stuff. When I arrived at the office I was met by a few of the current staff and had some short conversations with them and was greeted "nicely" - it was very positive. Then had a phone interview with a higher up Director where we discussed some of the job details and reviewed the basics. I then regrouped with the DM and RD again where we got more specific. That was followed with a meeting with the RD and the Vice President which was more them selling me on the company and make sure my goals were aligned with their needs.

Interview Questions

• I was well prepared for the interviews, and there weren't really questions that were not expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations vary from person to person. If there are things that you need, of course you would want to bring those up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Very efficient interview process.

Began with the national recruiter, followed by a phone conversation with the great lakes regional manager and an in-person interview a few weeks later.

Most impressive to me was the hiring manager's passion for building a collaborative sales team and investing in her people. The company has tremendous growth opportunities.

Humanscale is a very well-respected manufacturer and marketer of workplace ergonomics, seating and tech solutions.

Interview Questions

• If your former employer offered you a position would you go back?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer situation?   Answer Question
    • How do you win people over to your brand and build customer loyalty?   Answer Question
    • What is your 5-10 year career plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humanscale (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met manager for coffee to make sure I was interested in the position. Then I had a face to face interview with manager, face to face with manager and district manager. Last was a phone interview with the VP. Then offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest obstacle I overcame to win a sale?   1 Answer