Humanscale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Master Data Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humanscale (Piscataway, NJ).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Basic questions. Called in for an in person interview. Met with two directors and the manager. Very friendly and welcoming. Conversational meeting. Did IT assessment. Excel, word and typing speed. Offered position later the same day and accepted. Overall very smooth and no problems at all! HR was amazing with on boarding and providing support and information throughout. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience, excel knowledge, pivot tables, general overview of company and job description.   Answer Question

Master Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humanscale (Paterson, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The worst place to get interviewed at. After the interview process they had gotten back to me saying that I was selected. After several days of receiving the offer letter through mail , they had called me back to take a test saying that it was for internal process. The test process seemed to be not applicable for the role that I was not applying. After taking the test , they told me that the scores that I obtained was not enough for the role that I was applying and my offer got withdrawn . I was very disappointed in the hiring process that didn't do this process properly before giving me the offer. Will not apply for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Humanscale Response

Aug 11, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the experience you had recently with your interview here at Humanscale. We recognize that during your interview you did not receive the... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (Lanham, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 4 interactions with the company. 1) HR contacted me to qualify salary, availability, etc. 2) HR Followed up with another call to probe resume/lateral skills for position. 3) Met with future manager and director. 4) Met with future manager(s) again.

Zero pointed/canned interview questions, instead used resume and conversation as a platform to discuss candidacy. This was my first experience with this approach, I've never been able to "flip" and ask the majority of the questions to a prospective employer. It was very refreshing and I enjoyed the challenge of having the freedom to drill down into the operations of the company.

After my final interview I decided to respectfully withdraw from the process in search of a role that would better align with my skill set. Humanscale was very cordial and I wish them the best!

Interview Questions

• Describe day-to-day role/responsibilities in current/previous role?   1 Answer
    • Explain motivation/process behind previous job transfer(s)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic questions were asked and the staff was friendly. Some coding questions were asked which were relatively easy to answer. He asked me on my background on java and some simple questions such as BST, Level order traversal were asked.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humanscale (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to an interview. I had an initial call with HR then with my manager over the phone. The in-person interview was with my manager again and head of engineering

Interview Questions

• Basically just about my personal projects and past internship experience   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with your interview here at Humanscale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humanscale (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Then followed by 2 in person interviews. At each stage of the process, there was about a 2 week gap. From the initial submission of application to where an offer was made, the process was 2 months. Both managers were very warm and friendly. I could have seen myself working there, but received a better offer elsewhere.

Senior Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Humanscale (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Had an initial 60 minute phone interview with an HR representative, which was a mostly positive experience. Was informed a day thereafter that the interview went well and I would proceed through to the next steps of the interview process. Then, everything went silent. Despite a couple of quick status-check calls and email messages over the last four weeks, I have not even had the courtesy of a reply. While clearly there is no longer interest in my candidacy, one would expect to receive at least a simple "we've decided to go in a different direction" response.
    In sum: A highly unprofessional experience. A potential bellwether of how the company is being run/managed, and thus perhaps a bullet dodged.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you successfully convinced your management to take an approach that was different than what was initially proposed.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humanscale (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, dug into the resume as well as your personality. One interview on site. Followed up two weeks later with an offer which I accepted. Overall fast process. Very straight forward about job duties. What you see is what you get.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects you worked on that relate to manufacturing engineering?   1 Answer

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Specialist

We're happy to hear about your positive interview experience, Thank you for the review!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was with a Recruiter from NJ who happened to find my resume online, need less to day I did not know what the company was at first. After a brief phone screening she forwarded my resume for review by the hiring mgr. A couple days ltr I got scheduled a face to face interview. Upon arriving at the location, I was told that I would have to take a t ping, MS Excel and Word test. It would of been nice to know this before hand so I could of prepared to input formulas into a spread sheet. Hence I don't think I pasted this portion. The conversation piece of the interview went well but I don't think the job was for me since it's 90% data/ order entry.

Interview Questions

• What type of role are you looking for In this position?   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Humanscale in January 2015.

Interview

1.) Recruiter phone screen 2.) In-person interview with local district manager 3.) Phone interview with regional manager 4.) Phone interview with regional VP 5.) In-person interview with all 3 managers...... Ridiculously repetitive questioning. Zero emphasis on educational or personal background or interests (iow: who are you as a person?); 100% of questions are strictly work experience-related and numbers-driven. The regional manager and VP were very cold and rather unprofessional. The regional manager was 20 minutes late to call me for our phone interview (round 3) and had clearly not spent any time looking over my resume. Then at one point in the call, I heard him walking through what sounded like a wind tunnel with all kinds of street and wind background noise going on (thanks for taking my interview seriously, buddy. Your time is way more important than mine; got it.). The recruiter was sweet, but highly inexperienced. She told me after the 4th round interview that "they love you" and "if you'd just be willing to drive 3 hours away to meet with them all in person, I really think they'll give you an offer. It's really a formality for you to meet the other two." I felt like I was set up for an ambush, as the final round was the most grueling of all - driven by the regional guys - with an intense line of questioning. There was no smiling or any opportunity to lighten the mood. It made me wonder whether they ever liked me in the first place and why I'd been asked to drive 3 hours to meet with them after weeks of interviews. Also worth mentioning, all of these managers were men. This place seems to have a bit of an "old boys' club" culture with very few women in management positions. I thought for a moment I might want to work for this company, but I am truly thankful and glad I won't be.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of precise past work questions, situational questions and how you plan to be successful with them. Don't plan on them wasting any minutes breaking the ice or caring about who you are as a person.   Answer Question