Humanscale Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Humanscale CEO Bob King
Bob King

Pros
Cons
  • Everyone know who they are but upper management just does not care (in 6 reviews)

• Humanscale has a great sales team (for the most part) (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Leading Innovation in Workplace Ergonomics"

Pros

Just had the opportunity to see how Humanscale stacks up against the opposition at NeoCon 2017. Nobody else comes close when putting the user front and center in product design.

Cons

As competition increases in this space Humanscale will have to double down on investment in new products and in new product categories.

Advice to Management

Humanscale needs to improve its web/e-commerce presence to raise its online market share.

2. "Excellent HR Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Humanscale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I experienced a very friendly, well-organized, and nicely structured onboarding process that made my first few weeks of employment enjoyable. All critical questions and concerns were neatly and proactively addressed , and I was able to simply get to work with no worries. Weeks later, hiring my own team was a breeze. Having experienced the hiring process at other companies, the professionalism of the HR recruiting staff was shocking!

Cons

The factory and office areas are cramped. This company has outgrown its physical resources by at least 20%.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Sales Support Admin"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Quality products​, free products for employees. Nice clean, safe work environment. Office furniture is ergonomically correct. State of the art design, productive sales force.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, no structure from upper management.

Advice to Management

Monitor the local office more, not just the office​ where you work.

"Detrimental to longevity"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Humanscale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good for your resume. Titles are given out to over come poor reviews

Cons

Masochists welcome to the culture of not relevance. If you want to have a great title for a year or two welcome. Company is set up to use and abuse bright, talented, dedicated and hardworking people. If you ever heard of hostile working environment - Humanscale it is. It looks awesome when you interview. No worry, very soon you will discover that would could be a dream is a nightmare. Amazingly it takes only few people with what seems like unlimited power to make everyone else miserable. Everyone know who they are but upper management just does not care. If you are to work in sourcing, quality, planning or design engineering run.

Advice to Management

Your direct reports are only making themselves look good - they are lying and not worthy of their titles

"Do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Humanscale full-time

Pros

Nothing positive. Terrible culture. Lots of finger pointing and trying to pass on blame. scratch the shiny surface and you will see.

Cons

Too many to list. Poor management. Very political for such a small company. High turn over of employees says it all

"My Glassdoor review was talked about on a conf call I was on - they lied to us."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Humanscale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will teach you how to make mountains out of mole hills so you could probably sell anything if you can make it here. Imagine you are in the desserts industry and all you have to sell is sprinkles. Your whole life is just sprinkles. You will learn how to make the entire sundae seem to be all about a few sprinkles. Or...you'll go mad in the process and/or annoy a lot of people.

Cons

Just writing a post after having gotten recruited to a better position. I just thought it was so funny I had to share with this community. I had written a review that was my accurate experience but certainly not positive. On a team conference call our manager actually brought up the topic of Glassdoor, shortly after my post. He said that a lot of these reviews are fake. He quoted a few lines from my post and said that their IT department had tracked it and it came from some IP address in Australia. That it was fake. I just really want people to know, that A- they cannot track where the review came from, and B- that post was most certainly not written in Australia but from me, in the USA.

Advice to Management

Instead of having management meetings on how to do damage control of employees posting what actually goes on; spend time being better people. Upper management should not be so sexist and racist.

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Humanscale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly management and helpful superiors

Cons

didn't find any as I recently started working

Advice to Management

Kepp going

"So much potential, but so much wrong"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Great people. Humanscale shows the potential for being a great company if the organization could focus on improving internal structure and management.

Cons

Humanscale is an organization with significant growing pains. Unfortunately, people are not the priority. Inexcusable mistakes are made with compensation. Leadership is out out of touch with the client.

Advice to Management

Who else could be accountable for what isn't working? Take responsibility and take action! Remember to use evidence and fact when making decisions. Don't just rely on emotion and opinion. If you want your employees to produce like they work for a world class, elite organization, then create one for them to be inspired by. They can't do it alone - lead by example and invest in the tools and resources that are needed to distinguish us as an ergonomics leader. We're tired of flash. Show us some substance.

"Not meeting potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Humanscale full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are great people in the NY office. It's overall pretty young and most people care about what they do and are fun to work with.

I do like and believe in the products, but over the last few years the CEO has pushed "me too" products and unrealistic timelines that have resulted in less quality and issues at product release.

Cons

It's just not a good place to work. I stayed for many years because I had a great direct manager, but that's definitely an exception to the norm.

There is a lot of nepotism and the senior management will make a production out of a minor issue brought up by a favorite employee, but not give appropriate attention to a real problem (like sexual harassment claim!).

HR is incredibly frustrating to deal with. In my years there they messed up my taxes, health insurance, and life insurance and accidentally emailed me other employees' personal information on multiple occasions.

Advice to Management

You're not a small company employing only friends anymore. Start evaluating people based on their actual measurable contributions and paying them appropriately.

Hire people who specialize in a skill and then have a little faith in them to do it and get out of the way. The reason you feel the need to micromanage is because you are elevating people based on nepotism and not talent.

"Fake 5* reviews"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Humanscale full-time

Pros

None, you will learn the truth about 2 months in, all the positive reviews are coerced by owner of company, EVERYONE leaves disgruntled

Cons

Total nepotism, no fiscal responsibility, very poor leadership from top to mid level

Advice to Management

NEVER, EVER go public!