Humanscale Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Humanscale CEO Bob King
Bob King

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "this is a great company to work for" (in 8 reviews)

• "A great place to get an entry level experience in engineering" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of mentorship in upper management" (in 8 reviews)

• "Or to ensure that a replacement order was issued correctly by the customer service department" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Strong Sales Organization that Rewards High Performance Team Players"

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Humanscale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Humanscale is a great place to work. Humanscale is not an easy place to work. Humanscale hires sharp, bright people and provides excellent training. While some might not be happy about it, Humanscale has high expectations. Think of it this way, if someone is hired to play on a professional sports team, they are expected to deliver results. If you come to work here, it’s a compliment on your abilities and potential, be prepared to perform. Humanscale products are world-class from a design and performance perspective, they are second-to-none. If you are willing to work hard, have fun and be rewarded…this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Not for mediocre talent or those unwilling to work hard. Not for those who are afraid of competition, internally and externally.

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve, with both processes and products. Provide feedback to valuable employees. Maintain consistent levels of inventory.

2. "Manager"

I worked at Humanscale full-time

Pros

Some of the coworkers were nice

Cons

Didn't have standard process and procedures

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative
    Current Employee - Account Development Representative

I have been working at Humanscale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing training for any sales capacity role.
    They treat their employees like partners that they trust. I appreciate this approach.

Cons

I genuinely don’t have any at this time. I believe like any other organization the organization has growing pains as they grow, and they are doing he best to solve them as quick as they can.

"Totally disfunctional company is so many ways"

I worked at Humanscale full-time

Pros

Good competitive pay scale, good benefits overall

Cons

Extremely weak senior management, they manage through intimidation and fear. Their arrogance limits actual market condition awareness. Supply chain and customer service drastically limits the growth of this company, so many broken delivery dates with current customers that hurt the entire companies reputation.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a hard look at exactly how to address their customer's needs rather than force their beliefs on current and new customers.

5. "Clear Vision"

I have been working at Humanscale (More than 10 years)

Pros

Humanscale has provided more avenues in the last 3-4 years than what was provided previous to that. The experience that's been gained, when you provide leadership to the organization is uncanny. Senior level Management is not out of reach, which is clearly different from most companies that take their seniority over there ability to teach those willing to learn the nuances of the business. Yes, it's complex, however it's the best of the complexities anyone could ever ask for, if they are looking for a forever changing/growing organization! Im still with Humanscale because I've been able to show the need for my expertise and "family ties" that's been generated through experience and tenure!

Cons

From starting over 10 years ago, the negatives have been weeded out, insuring of more streamlined processing. The workload is more than what's presented to Sr. Management, however it's feasible when the pay is reasonable. Maintaining a low budget is essential, sacrificing more time than a work day can provide can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep competing with the current market and ensure employees are paid accordingly.

6. "great benefits"

I worked at Humanscale full-time

Pros

great benefits decent salary minimal drama

Cons

minimal time off , 45 hour work weeks

7. "Sales Rep"

I have been working at Humanscale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers a lot of environmental initiatives. Co-workers are generally positive people that create a positive work space within a sometimes stressful field.

Cons

Management does not always seem to have a clear vision of the company's direction or how to launch new product with a successful marketing campaign.

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Humanscale full-time

Pros

Fast growing and innovative company

Cons

Operates a little on the leaner end for employee to workload ratios

Advice to Management

Clearly defining our mission for all levels in the company would be great way to motivate all.

9. "Amazing people to work with"

Former Employee - Master Data Junior Analyst in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Master Data Junior Analyst in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Humanscale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked in the Piscataway office, loved it. People are great, from top to bottom. Very supportive, inclusive, courteous coworkers. They make you feel welcome and included from day one. Made sure my training was comprehensive and didn't feel pressured or overwhelmed at all. I think this company has some of the best work culture I've seen. Makes it very difficult to leave. Very satisfied.

Cons

None. Didn't see anything to complain about. Data team is excellent. Very integrated. Directors are super involved in their team members progress. Very easy to talk to them. They make sure everyone is included and heard. Senior analysts are amazing mentors to junior analysts. Can't say enough.

Advice to Management

You guys have done a phenomenal job with employee on boarding and trainings. Excellent environment. Thank you !

10. "It was alright"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Tech Scheduler in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant/Tech Scheduler in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Humanscale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office downtown SF, nice people

Cons

No perks, 8-5 job (for admin department), felt like a non growth position

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to grow as a professional