ICIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICIS Interview Questions

Interviews at ICIS

2.9

Editor I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICIS in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted within hours of applying online, and then I had a 30-minute phone screen with HR. The next week, I had another 30-minute phone interview with the managing editor, which I thought had went well because the next day I took a 1.5 hour-long "writing test" (which was really more economics and math than writing). I honestly thought I was a perfect fit for this role. I have a degree in writing and rhetoric, experience in journalism, 4 years of experience publishing in oil & gas, plus I speak enough Spanish to have a professional level of fluency. I thought I'd be a great fit to their team. However, after the writing test, I never heard back - not even for a rejection letter. I wrote a follow-up email 2 weeks after my interview but never got a response. I waited yet another 4 weeks and tried to email the person from HR instead, but again I received no response. I feel stupid for getting excited about this opportunity and this company. If they don't think I'm a good fit, they could at least let me know. I think it's really unprofessional to interview someone twice and have them take a writing test yet not even give them the courtesy of notifying them about whether or not they got the position.

Senior Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked to develop a presentation answer questions like why I wanted the job, what would I do in the first year, and others. I thought this was a clever way to get things rolling.
    There were two ICIS personnel in the interview. The hiring manager, stationed in London, and a local leader working here, but British as well. It is a British company and the culture is very British.

Interview Questions

• Very interested in my experience with managing people. It was obvious from the questioning and emphasis that there was some kind of serious problem with or within the staff.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

3 level of interviews. 1st level was a telephone interview with a manager and a junior. Pretty basic questions (ex: Why ICIS ? ) 2nd stage was a role play of a current case. No right or wrong answer. Problem solving skills were tested. 3rd stage was with the hiring manager. This was the worst interview I ever had to go through. He asked me questions such as ''Are you a loner ?'', ''You are lying about your sales experience on your resume. What do you have to say about this ?'' (basically calling me a liar) while his junior was smirking at me during the entire interview. While I offered strategic leads such as offering to introduce the power plant owners in various countries due to personal ties, the hiring manager's choice of insulting questions was rather an unfortunate experience. I feel proud to have answered all of the insulting questions with calmness and reason.

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS in February 2019.

Interview

Interview process started with a group interview with 3 groups of around 6 people in each group, or at least what we have been told. Interviews were held on Friday and we were told next stage candidates will be informed early next week. Myself and one more person were asked to attend 2nd stage interview on one-to-one basis. I was "found" by internally working agent responsible for recruiting and second candidate that got through to the next stage was appointed by agency. The 2nd candidate was informed about second interview a day earlier than myself. Our interview times were moved few times. After very intensive one to one interview, which in some moments seemed almost unprofessional, I was told by the interviewer that they will make up their mind on the day and will inform both candidates early next week. Second candidate who was from agency was informed about the outcome of the 2nd interview on Tuesday, 2 days after the interview. I still haven't heard back a month later even though I did send a couple of emails as I would imagine a company who tries to preserve their reputation would have decency to treat people with respect and inform them appropriately about the outcome of the interview. I feel very let down by the treatment I have received from the company and I believe I deserved at least an email confirming I wasn't a successful candidate, after all I did take 2 days off from work to attend both interviews and had to cover expenses related to travelling to London on two occasions. In the hindsight, I am glad I wasn't offered a job as I would not like to be a part of the company who has no respect for people, their time and money.

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job?
      Why you not applying to get it and are here instead?
      What your parents do?
      What do you know about the role?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I applied online and had a call from HR in a matter of days. I had an interview the following week with the person who would end up being my boss and another senior analyst. The following week I met with the heads of the analytics and consulting teams and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ICIS and not a petrochemical company?   Answer Question

Markets Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedok, East (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICIS (Bedok, East (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

rather slow process; first there was a phone interview, then writing test; writing test had numerous components, was very lengthy, difficult, and took me a little more than three hours (the allocated time length was about three); face-to-face interview was with head and deputy head; offer took a while coming back

Interview Questions

• what i liked to do in my free time   1 Answer

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICIS (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer displayed a stunning lack of sales experience and industry knowledge. Nobody from HR or the interviewer ever got back to me, shows a distinct lack of manners, given the effort, time and expense I had put into attending. NEVER AGAIN !

Market Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICIS (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Good experience - friendly but challenging. Logic test, writing test, 45 minute interview with two senior staff. No irrelevant questions that require stock answers - seemed to be looking for willingness and ability to learn rather than great deal of prior knowledge. Seemed like they were genuinely interested in finding the best person.

Interview Questions

• How would you research and write up this given scenario?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Find the job on school job portal, answered some questions like why you want this job...

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple there are two interviews. One with local manager and the other with UK manager   Answer Question

Sub Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICIS (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Straightforward interview with no awkward questions. Knowledge of grammar tested. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall, a fair and reasonable process. Was successful and offered a job. Had previously had to do online subbing test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. The interviewer talked about my previous work history and we discussed finding the right balance between speed and accuracy when subbing copy.   Answer Question