ICW Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call a week after submitting online application. Phone interview took about 30 minutes, mostly going over resume, along with a couple behavior questions. Video interview was about one hour.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First Interview: Phone Screening

Second Interview: Interview in the office. Took a 12-minute Wonderlic Test, followed by a formal interview with the Underwriter Manager. The formal interview were standard questions read from a sheet of paper that they ask all interviewees. Very generic situational questions, asking you to explain a scenario when you had to deal with whatever it was.

Interview Questions

• What does success look like for an Underwriter?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview 30 min, video interview 1 hour, on site 3 hours. two rounds of behavior questions. lots questions on previous project experience. only one or 2 technique questions

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve a conflict? what is your goal for this year?   Answer Question

Net Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then one face-to-face interview. The face-to-face was supposed to be with the manager but it ended up being a surprise panel interview with the entire team., which wasn't something I hadn't been through before. But before I even got to meet with the team I had to take the Wonderlic test and then sit and wait in a small conference room for 20min before the team was ready to meet with me. All in all I have to say it was one of the most bizarre interviews I have ever been too. Oh and did I mention that when the manager finally came into the interview she was on her phone the entire time. I have never had a company not value a candidates time or appear so dismissive during an interview before.
    After than I decided that this probably wasn't a company that I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an office called and said that nothing is working?   Answer Question

With the way that I was treated during the interview process I decided that this company must not value their employee's.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Starts with a phone screen. Then an on-site interview. On-site interview consists of the Wonderlic test, then a panel interview with potential teammates and a senior QA person. Then a one-on-one interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions including one of those puzzle questions to gauge how you think.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

It starts by submitting an application online. They contacted me fairly quickly but not for the position I had originally applied. Gave them a shot anyway because the recruiter was really encouraging. They invited me down for an interview and to take an assessment exam called the Wonderlic to gauge your "smarts." Then came the interview with manager and (if available) HR Recruiter. Very basic questions regarding skills/background that lasted about 1 hour. They must have liked me because they contacted me within a day to, now, take their personality exam. Once done they continued to push me through at record speed, granted this interview had lasted about two weeks. Then came the part with background check and credit check. Thought i didn't have too much to worry about, boy was i wrong. They, said they didn't like what they saw on my credit report (medical debt) and demanded I explain my "solution." At this point i was already tired of all the invasive requests but I submitted. 1 week past without any contact. I called the recruiter only to get the voicemail and left message. Later that day i get an email from another HR Recruiter letting me know I had been removed due to my credit report. that's it? After a three week long interview, an email?

Let me point out that this position was for a Administration position, that I was not even really interested in, that quickly turned into an interrogation into my past. Kudos to the HR Hiring recruiter for reminding me why credit checks need to be banned.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit delayed. I applied in December and got a call from a recruiter in February. After a basic phone interview I had a 3 hour interview with a Wonderlic test and some other personality test. The interview was in two sessions: first a VP and the hiring manager, second an IT manager and IT Business Analyst. The IT manager was a no show. My first impression wasn't great, but I was invited back for a another round with the hiring manager and IT director, this experience was way better. I had a verbal offer pending a background check and I didn't think to disclose my previous BK, turns out a BK disqualifies your candidacy. I declared because of mounting bills from being sick with cancer and being involved in a multi-vehicle uninsured motorist accident. Turns out Trump can for president but I couldn't get an offer despite being qualified.

Interview Questions

• The IT Director asked me a problem solving question which I struggled with. Something like having 9 bowling balls which are the same shape, size, color, and only one weighed more than the others. Using a classic scale how would I figure out which ball was the one that weighed more.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple choice test, with basic math and grammar. It took about 20 minutes to complete this test, and I was given pencil and paper to do math calculations. Followed by an interview in person. An interview in person was an easier process, and I felt relaxed as two people asked me questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Technical questions then manager and hr will ask questions to candidate. Meet the engineers and managers, questions about Java/OO, etc.

Question about yourself. How to handle difficult situations

Salary negotiation could be difficult.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group.

Interview

I was first screened by HR with random questions they pulled off the internet. I heard nothing back for weeks then was asked to come in for an interview in person. I interviewed with the hiring manager and and another peer then the CIO. It went pretty well and was pretty painless. However, there was no followup by them - not even a "thanks for coming in". I sent thank you emails and asked HR for details on timeline and next steps. The whole process lacked communication and seemed a bit unprofessional. They also make you do one of those skills tests and any company I've ever been to that does one of those seems to not have their heads in the right place. If you are hiring for a senior position then I'm not sure the point of word and math problems.