ICW Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICW Group Interview Questions

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Starts with a phone screen. Then an on-site interview. On-site interview consists of the Wonderlic test, then a panel interview with potential teammates and a senior QA person. Then a one-on-one interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions including one of those puzzle questions to gauge how you think.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

It starts by submitting an application online. They contacted me fairly quickly but not for the position I had originally applied. Gave them a shot anyway because the recruiter was really encouraging. They invited me down for an interview and to take an assessment exam called the Wonderlic to gauge your "smarts." Then came the interview with manager and (if available) HR Recruiter. Very basic questions regarding skills/background that lasted about 1 hour. They must have liked me because they contacted me within a day to, now, take their personality exam. Once done they continued to push me through at record speed, granted this interview had lasted about two weeks. Then came the part with background check and credit check. Thought i didn't have too much to worry about, boy was i wrong. They, said they didn't like what they saw on my credit report (medical debt) and demanded I explain my "solution." At this point i was already tired of all the invasive requests but I submitted. 1 week past without any contact. I called the recruiter only to get the voicemail and left message. Later that day i get an email from another HR Recruiter letting me know I had been removed due to my credit report. that's it? After a three week long interview, an email?

Let me point out that this position was for a Administration position, that I was not even really interested in, that quickly turned into an interrogation into my past. Kudos to the HR Hiring recruiter for reminding me why credit checks need to be banned.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit delayed. I applied in December and got a call from a recruiter in February. After a basic phone interview I had a 3 hour interview with a Wonderlic test and some other personality test. The interview was in two sessions: first a VP and the hiring manager, second an IT manager and IT Business Analyst. The IT manager was a no show. My first impression wasn't great, but I was invited back for a another round with the hiring manager and IT director, this experience was way better. I had a verbal offer pending a background check and I didn't think to disclose my previous BK, turns out a BK disqualifies your candidacy. I declared because of mounting bills from being sick with cancer and being involved in a multi-vehicle uninsured motorist accident. Turns out Trump can for president but I couldn't get an offer despite being qualified.

Interview Questions

• The IT Director asked me a problem solving question which I struggled with. Something like having 9 bowling balls which are the same shape, size, color, and only one weighed more than the others. Using a classic scale how would I figure out which ball was the one that weighed more.   Answer Question

Director/Vice President Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minutes with Human resources. They requested that I take the Wonderlic test. I met 1 hour with VP of IT to discuss background and experience. He left about 15 minutes at the end for me to ask any questions pertaining to the roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer.   1 Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple choice test, with basic math and grammar. It took about 20 minutes to complete this test, and I was given pencil and paper to do math calculations. Followed by an interview in person. An interview in person was an easier process, and I felt relaxed as two people asked me questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Dimas, CA).

Interview

Technical questions then manager and hr will ask questions to candidate. Meet the engineers and managers, questions about Java/OO, etc.

Question about yourself. How to handle difficult situations

Salary negotiation could be difficult.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group.

Interview

I was first screened by HR with random questions they pulled off the internet. I heard nothing back for weeks then was asked to come in for an interview in person. I interviewed with the hiring manager and and another peer then the CIO. It went pretty well and was pretty painless. However, there was no followup by them - not even a "thanks for coming in". I sent thank you emails and asked HR for details on timeline and next steps. The whole process lacked communication and seemed a bit unprofessional. They also make you do one of those skills tests and any company I've ever been to that does one of those seems to not have their heads in the right place. If you are hiring for a senior position then I'm not sure the point of word and math problems.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ICW Group (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied and got an email informing me my skills wasn't not what the company was looking for. Ok., I moved on, but a week later I got a call from a recruiter for phone interview. After the phone interview the recruiter set up an office interview and I was told I would have to take the wonderlic test before the interview. I was surprised I would have to take the 12 minute test with a pencil and paper, I expected to take the test on a pc.
    The interview was mostly a get to know you questions nothing really formal. Interviewee was attentive and courteous and gave me her business card before I left.

Company does not reply back to emails or lets candidates know that the job offer has been given to someone else. Rude!

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Very simple and straight forward

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Very limited options

Business Development Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICW Group (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

HR in Home Office was not communicating with Branch Office Manager and the interview was cancelled three times and re-scheduled three times. Each time this happened the HR person did not seem to have access to the calendar for the Branch Manager and this all came out when I finally got to the interview and I was very frustrated by this communications breakdown.

Interview Questions

• You have not worked on the carrier side for many years so can you transition from agency/brokerage marketing and underwriting to carrier side marketing/underwriting?   2 Answers