IDS Scheer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IDS Scheer

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at IDS Scheer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IDS Scheer in January 2010.

Interview

I first got in through a senior member from the consulting team who I met while working as an intern for a major European client. He put me in contact with the department of interest to me. They were very quickly interested in my profile and a series of email exchanges followed. We setup a first phone interview with the head of department. It lasted around one hour and consisted of a background check and some questions about my knowledge and my experience. I also got briefed about the particularities of the position and was asked a few questions related to my abilities to tackle them. I was recalled in twice, having a set of two interviews each time, one with the head of department, alone, another one with a senior member of research, and another one with the head of development. Then on the second day, I had two interviews, this time the director of the company's product branch (there is a consulting director too) was there with the head of dept. The level of questions was crescendo and got quite high technically towards the end.

Interview Questions

• On a level from 1 to 10, how would you describe you abilities with JAVA?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between BPEL and BPEL4People.   1 Answer
    • How do you organize yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. I was too naive, actually pretty stupid. But knowing the company from the inside, I now know that I hadn't too much of margin for maneuver, they are quite procedural and starting salaries are very hard to change for inexperienced hires.

ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDS Scheer (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in December 2011.

Interview

Questions about school, about my CV...
    They wanted 5th grader, but they hired me anyway

Expert Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saarbrücken (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IDS Scheer (Saarbrücken (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

Eine kurze Vorstellungsrunde, Fragen über mich, meinen Werdegang und über Persönliches (z.B. Teamfähigkeit, Konfliktfähigkeit). Auch ich durfte am Ende meine Fragen an die Interviewer (es waren insgesamt zwei) stellen, die mir auch ausreichend beantwortet wurden. Die Atmosphäre war angenehm und offen.

Interview Questions

• Fragen zum Fachlichen natürlich.
      Auch nach Konfliktfähigkeit und Teamfähigkeit, wie man sich selbst darin einschätzt und woran man das festmacht (konkrete Beispiele).
      Auch Fragen zu den Stärken und eigenen Entwicklungsfeldern.   Answer Question