IHS Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2018

2.9

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pretty long. Phone interview, then two more phone interviews with other people on the team, then in person interview onsite where you get a tour of the office and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• How are my skills going to help the team and the company. How will I be an asset and valuable?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS Markit (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was extremely fast. They emailed me and asked me to come in. I met with 6 people over 2.5 hours. Most questions were very general and were more to see if I would be a personality fit at the firm. Some questions were specific to the role I was applyng for. It always helps if you are technologically oriented when interviewing at Markit. Any VBA/ SQL skills can only help.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with an Assistant Vice President and then I was invited for an interview in the office. Interviewed with 5 people - all members of group at different levels including Associate, VP, Director, MD and then HR. Everybody was very nice and got back to me the next day.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

The entire process was super fast and done within 1 week. Everyone were very helpful and provided a lot of information regarding the position. It looks like they have a solid training program as well. One phone interview+onsite interview. I thought I didn't do that well for the onsite, but still got the offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just went over some past experience and asked if you already know anything relates to the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I didn't. It was a little low but just wanna get out of my current position.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Applied Online, got an email after a week to schedule a time for a phone screen with the HR.
    The HR screen was basic, asking about relocation, work authorization etc.
    The next day I got an email to schedule an interview with a VP from the team.
    It was a skype interview, which lasted for 1 hour. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
    After a week, I was invited for a group/panel interview, 3 rounds with a group of 3 people each.
    The interviews were on skype, and lasted for an hour each. I was asked technical as well as behavioral questions.
    I got a response after a month saying that they had decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Two companies have the same financials, one has a higher beta than the other, will their valuation differ? How and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate the significance of a regression model?   Answer Question
    • What are the drawbacks of the Black Scholes pricing model?   Answer Question
    • What is Ito's Lemma?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two telephonic rounds followed by an in-person interview at IHS Houston. Interviewed for 4 hours by 5 different people. Each had their own method of testing the candidate. First telephonic round would be very easy judging basics of programming. Second round goes deeper into object oriented programming concepts. Third round you are grilled in person by 5 different people. They know what they are doing and are very good at it. If you get hired, you really deserve it. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code to take a string of Roman Numbers and output the number in decimal system using C#.
      2. Questions related to "Properties of Triangles"
      3. Design a database and classes for a system that has a number of doctors and patients. A doctor is assigned a patient based on his availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS Markit (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a link to a HackerRank online coding test. I had 2 hours to complete it, and the site was very easy to use (lots of languages to chose from, allowed custom input, print statements worked, and no annoying features that lock you to the window and punish you for looking up docs) and the questions covered a few topics such as stacks and binary tree traversing. I found it not too difficult and finished with an hour to spare.

A few days later, I was told I passed the test and was scheduled for a phone interview with two employees. After I passed that, I was scheduled for an in person interview with the same people and a few more. The in person interview, there was a simple hand written coding question just to prove that I didn't cheat on the online test, and the rest of both interviews were pretty casual. We discussed my experience, what I've done and have been doing, what I wanted to do in the future, etc. It was a nice experience, everyone was friendly and joking around.

I got an phone call just over a week later with an offer and 48 hours to consider it after they emailed it too me.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to a brief phone screening with a recruiter to confirm my information. A few days later, I was sent a link to a HackerRank coding test, which I was given 2 hours to complete. There was a mix of coding problems and multiple choice. The problems were complex but not too hard, and I could choose from a number of languages to work in.

I was then invited to an onsite interview. They asked me basic behavioral/personality questions, then gave me a coding problem on paper that was a bit easier than the online test questions. The interviewers were very friendly and casual, and they concluded the interview by giving me a tour of the work space.

I was contacted a week later with an offer, and had 48 hours to consider it. My recruiter was extremely helpful and approachable during the entire process.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First comes the online assessment with math and logic questions, followed by videotaped interview on behavioral questions. Then there is a phone interview from a real trader in the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IHS Markit in March 2011.

Interview

Emailed resume and had an Initial Phone Screen to set up to discuss prior experience and if role is suitable, then email reply for in person interview. Came to in person interview and discussed duties and objectives and was soon offered a job.