IHS Markit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IHS Markit Interview Questions

Interviews at IHS Markit

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

COVID times - all interviews by phone.
    I talked to the recruiter first, followed by 4 calls with people from the team. They all gave me a glimpse of the job and left time for questions.
    All interviews were scheduled for 30 minutes but pretty much each one lasted an hour.
    I thought it went well, but after the last interview they went silent.
    I had to reach out to the recruiter several times, and he said they were still interviewing. I saw the job get re-posted at this time. They told me a few days later that I didn't get it - surprise.

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Applied online. First there was a phone screen with a member of the team I was interviewing with. About a week later I was invited to NYC for a Superday. After the Superday, I was invited back to interview for another position. Up until this point everyone was super responsive but after my second interview I never heard anything despite multiple follow ups.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a PM. It was very conversational. They had given me a list of 4 questions to submit written answers to before the interview, but they wanted the interview responses to not be repeats of what I had written. Second/final round, we were given the option of going to the office or doing a video conference. This was with a Senior Analyst and the same PM from the phone interview. It was also very conversational. Much of the inteview was spent talking about my outside interests.

Interview Questions

• What do you know/what is your experience with [insert what market I was to be focused on]?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Interview

First interview was a 30 minute phone call which went more like a conversation about the company and your qualifications.

Second/Final interview was at the office and consisted of a group presentation with other candidates and then a one on one with a member of the team.

Great experience overall, everyone was incredibly nice and helpful throughout the process. The final round interview day was unique and I enjoyed it because every candidate got to demonstrate their abilities to work in teams and present in front of a group.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Absolutely unorganized. Please respect the candidates time! I told them I had half an hour for a specific time frame and he called 15 minutes late after I had already sent an email asking if he forgot to call. We rescheduled and 2 hours before the new date/time he sent an email saying he has a meeting and needs to reschedule to another day, so we scheduled for the following week. The same day, however, he called in the evening and asked if it was still a good time. I told him that we rescheduled for the following week and he seemed surprised and after checking his emails he confirmed. On the new scheduled day he never bothered to call. Please don’t assume candidates have no work life! Respect their time and please start getting organized!

C++/SQL Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

i did two phone screen, the first one is just talking about your resume and what project you did. for the more technical interview, they ask about C++/SQL/scala basic content.
    i was expecting a coding or algorithm problem, but they did not ask.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite project?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

The interview consisted of three 45 minute interviews with different members of the company. The interview was a Skype call and was all behavioral questions. Overall, I thought the interview was fairly easy and they left time at the end of each part to ask questions.

IHS Markit Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IHS Markit in March 2020.

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me for a phone screen. We scheduled the phone call and it went great. I was told that I am a great fit for the role and will be moving on to the next round. However, after that interaction, I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter 2 times to ask for additional updates as I had pending offers at other companies and did not receive a response of any kind. I understand that business needs are often changing but not responding to candidates and providing any updates is very unprofessional. I did not have a positive experience and hope IHS Markit can step it up for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this program?   444 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IHS Markit.

Interview

Not very formal, and was very much conversation based. Engaging and easy to talk with the interviewer, and the interviewer was very willing to answer questions about the company and was highly informative.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IHS Markit in February 2020.

Interview

45min video interview with two designers, go through 2 projects and ask common interview questions. Interviewers are nice and friendly. At last I asked questions about their current projects and got a detailed reply.