INVISTA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

INVISTA Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

SAP CRM Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 6 different persons at onsite starting from 8 am to 12 pm followed by a online interview . The process started from online Applications . Based on my online applications the HR asked me to fill up an online interview form & submit. I submitted & called for an onsite interview .

Assistant Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview process was in three rounds. A phone screening with an HR representative, a phone interview with the hiring manager, then set of on-site interviews that lasted from about 7:30 - 12:00. They were clear throughout the interview process on the timeline and what to expect during the next step of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were formatted as, "tell me about a time when...?"   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INVISTA (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with phone interview. Met with several managers from different departments and regions. Asked the usual questions and engaged common small talk. Some interviewers were personable, some were no so personable. Interviewers seemed to be experts in their respective fields. Weeks went by and was then asked to come back to accept an offer. Offer was accepted and began work to be submersed, for what seemed like weeks of computer training.

Laboratory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (La Porte, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for HR phone screen. Was recommended for onsite interview by HR rep. A week later, had another phone interview with the hiring manager and another site manager. Several weeks later was notified that phone screens had ended and they were ready to decide who to bring onsite for an interview. Less than a week later was notified they had offered the position to another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Many situational questions to find out if you fit in with company core principles.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview

Process can be a little lengthy have to take work keys tests. Interviewed with three people 2 at once then one on one. Simple basic questions. Mainly just concerned with making sure you will show up to work

Interview Questions

• Can you be on time consistently   1 Answer

Commercial Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions with emphasis on strengths and weaknesses. No case studies. Final round interview consisted of 4 reviews with upper management at 45 minutes each. Some brief hypothetical analytical questions to test thought process of a business situation. Other questions included talking about times when you failed, how you personally changed the status quo of a process, and the thing that you were most proud of accomplishing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond a required test or job and added superior value?   Answer Question

Quality Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Camden, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online,
    Phone interview: Questions were personality type, looking for examples from my work history where I exhibited qualities inline with the Invista guiding principles.
    In Person interview: 2 interviews onsite with more questions like those from the phone interview. Very friendly atmosphere. The interviewers created an ideal environment to elicit the answers without turning it into an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call to help a coworker.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INVISTA (Athens, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Did not hear back for two months after applying. Went through 1st phone interview which lasted 45 minutes. HR recruiter was 15 mins late for call appointment. She advised me that I would be invited to on-site interview within a week. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks then received call to schedule on-site interviews. Date was set and then re-scheduled by them and pushed back a week. Finally attended interview on site nearly 3 months after applying and was told I would have "feed back" within a week. I felt like the interviews on site went well and waited for a response and did not hear back for 2 weeks when 2nd phone interview took place. I was asked if I would be open to re-locating if the opportunity presented and more behavior based questions. This call lasted about 40 minutes. Overall the process seemed unorganized and was EXTREMELY lengthy, bureaucratic and drawn-out. I was professional, patient and gracious throughout the process and followed up the next week with a thank you letter to each of the four interviewers who asked repetitive questions. After nearly 3 months of the carrot dangling, including two phone interviews and 4 in-person interviews I received a copy-paste "thank you" but we have chosen to not to consider you further etc. Big let down after such a lengthy process to receive an impersonal email rejection. I called the recruiter who seemed bothered that I called to obtain feedback and was disappointed to learn the "hiring team" were concerned if I "really" wanted to work there or not! Which was expressed as thier main concern. I was told I interviewed well, was articulate, professional and we'll qualified for the position! Yet they were not sure if I wanted to be there! Never mind the fact that I worked at the very same location for several years while it was owned by DuPont until I was lay-off when INVISTA (Koch) bought the company. I guess fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! Gladly moving on now!

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you have had to deliver a difficult message and how you did so?   1 Answer

GL Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Wichita, KS).

Interview

1st round HR phone pre-screen, 2nd round office interview with 3-5 management level people on the same day. One interview was done in the company restaurant, in a relax environment. Most of the questions were about your resume, communication skills, and most importantly, your integrity. To see whether you are a good fit to the company MBM culture. Make sure understand the company culture well before the interviews. The company CEO wants to carry this the culture to the world, and the next generation. If they are still interested in you after the interviews, then the next round will be drug test, background test. Very detail in checking previous employers' information and reference. If everything is ok, they will draft an offer very fast.

Interview Questions

• About people's integrity, and professional experience & education background. Make sure candidate fit to the MBM culture   Answer Question

R&D Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INVISTA (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview with an HR person. Interview lasted a little over an hour (because I talk a lot). She had me walk her through my resume and asked some follow up questions related to my supervisory/management experience. It was a pretty standard HR interview. Received a call two weeks later for another phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview again went slightly over an hour, unfortunately the interviewer had schedule another meeting immediately after the interview so I felt like the last 20 minutes were rushed. This interview was more about my technical experience and supervisory style. Both phone interviews were pleasant and detailed. I would not say either one was hard, but I did spend a lot of time profiling the company and doing my homework. I was told the next step would be to bring me in town to do a day of face-to-face interviews and tours. Unfortunately, a month after the second phone interview, I received an email stating "for business reasons the position has been cancelled and will not be filled at this time". Disappointing since I though I had done really well in the interviews and though the position was a great fit and wise career move.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an employee who was not performing.   Answer Question