ITW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2018

2.8

Tool Room Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Waterbury, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was a perfect length of time and not HR and the manager filling the position were very kind and I received a tour. I had interviewed with the company previously for another position so I felt confident when I went for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to make a spreadsheet to track costing of tools?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. Not hard. Go through resumes and experiences. Be prepare when they ask what you like about ITW. And why you choose ITW, why this department.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITW (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

I interviewed for the internal audit internship in Chicago. The night before the interview, I attended an audit event they held at a local restaurant. The interview was conducted the next day in my schools career services center.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a company today what would it be and what traits do you have that will help it succeed?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (Glenview, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The initial human resources contact was through email followed by 30 min over the phone interview with human resources representative who was not knowledgeable about accounting. She asked behavioral questions and went though my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (Troy, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

There was three groups of interviewers, all with different types of questions(though the first two groups were similar) They asked a lot about my math background, and later declined me because I was too focused on my math background. If you are a duel major like me, focus on your CS or software engineer degree over your other degree and do not let them take you off topic!

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite mathematician   1 Answer
    • What is your hardest class   1 Answer
    • What was your hardest math class   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with Linux?   1 Answer

Human Factors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Average interview process, friendly recruiter, overall a positive experience. It is mostly behavioral interview to check if you would be a good fit in the team. Few technical questions: how do you design a new product, list the innovation process.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online to ITW subsidiary in late February. HR representative called two weeks later to schedule onsite interview with hiring manager.

I interviewed onsite three days after HR contact. The hiring manager and I met for ninety minutes. The hiring manager said he was filling a vacancy following a resignation. He would be screening five (5) external candidates and two (2) internal candidates. I was candidate number two. The opening would be filled "as soon as possible" - probably five weeks. Finalists would be invited onsite once or twice to meet with senior management.

I followed up the hiring manager the next day and two weeks later. Shortly after the second follow up, the HR representative called to say the company had filled the opening with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• You’ve been working in quality for a long time. What do you like about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience training personnel.   Answer Question
    • We’re implementing a new ERP here. What experience do you have with ERP systems?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR manager sets up interview time for phone screening then if you pass, you move to an in-person interview with HR, plant manager and controller. Final round interview is with your manager's manager.

ESourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I signed up for the position through my university's online job portal. Sent both a resume and cover letter, and heard back shortly to schedule an interview 2 weeks away.

Illinois Tool Works canceled our interview less than 24 hours before meeting with me, with no explanation. Very unprofessional and rude.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITW in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was best described as a probing/preliminary experience. The interviewer asked a lot of questions about my resume, and then a few personal questions. There was nothing situational about the interview as the interviewer said that would be left for the next interview if I made it. Overall it was pretty general. On a side, the interview started late, and the interviewer let me know that the reason why it started late was because the interview before mine ran over. I'm well aware that recruiters speak to multiple people, but to let me know that wasn't necessary. Then, to top it off, she seemed a bit detached from my interview once I told her that I wasn't an MBA student; this was clearly noted on the resume.