ITW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ITW

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

Applied online, completed one interview with general behavioral questions like "tell me about yourself," "describe your current coursework" etc. The interview was with the hiring manager and they were very kind. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience and how it relates to this job   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I was sent an email for a video interview request. I had to dress professionally and answer around 5 questions in front of my computer screen. Some questions had multiple attempts allowed and I was given time to think before recording an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I broke a big problem into a smaller one   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

No phone interview which seemed odd. Invited to in-person interview via email. Met with 2 operations staff for 1 hour then hiring manager for 1 hour. Ops employees were extremely knowledgeable but expressed their frustration with Sourcing in general. The interview with the hiring manager was bizarre to say the least. The questions were slow, incomplete and hard to understand. It was very uncomfortable.

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Interview

A half day event consisting of 6 back to back interviews ending with an excel assessment. Met with two people in HR, two people I would be direct to, and the other coworkers on the team

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITW (Glenview, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

I had an initial call with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, and last was an in person with their team. The in-person interview felt very robotic, every person was reading off a pre-printed questionnaire, half listening while writing down answers, and not a single individual bothered to get to know me as a person. The questions were very detailed. I was unprepared so I did not do well. Like when I responded to one question, they would follow up with 3 additional questions to my response. It made me feel like everything I answered was being questioned and not understood or listened to.

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ITW (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a phone call to set up a phone interview. I spoke with the Director of HR for a quick 20-30 minutes. She asked basic questions and told me that they would be conducting interviews in the next couple weeks. That conversation was over a month ago. While I get that I didn't get the position, I heard nothing. A little professional courtesy to say that the company went in a different direction would have been nice.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One round behavioral interview. First started with walking through the resume and asked about the experiences you've had. Then they provided some behavioral questions. They also asked about the willingness to travel.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel internationally around 40% of time per year?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Online screening HR called to check for perfect.
     Asked several questions related to role and ITW.
    Upon follow up said still in process for 1 and a half month and stopped replying for emails after that.

Interview Questions

• Why sourcing analyst? What are your strengths? Why ITW? What do you know about ITW?   1 Answer

Associate R&D Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through an obscure email address for a phone interview. She did not seem like she knew much about the position and was very bland throughout the interview. Furthermore, she would not even follow up with any of my emails and ignored every single one of them after the interview. Most unprofessional interviewer I have ever experience. Definitely look for better options elsewhere. Choose better recruiters to represent your company.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW in February 2019.

Interview

I was emailed about the position and had a phone interview scheduled within a few days of that initial contact. The actual interview was very casual and relaxed. I was offered a job within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people you may not know for help?   Answer Question