KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

ITW Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 145 of over 145 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

ITW

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ITW

Interview

Four to five individuals from multiple parts of the organization. Felt disorganized and not coordinated well. Mix of technical questions and behavior based. Was clear on timeline. Felt very disjointed and that was off putting.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you primarily call on in the sales process?
    Answer Question

ITW

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW

Interview

2 phone interviews, in-person meeting with local rep, then flew to Chicago for final interview with regional mgr at corporate office, which felt weird because the building was largely empty. Was all pretty standard until the strange final interview experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ITW

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ITW in Jul 2022

Interview

So far two phone call interviews, completed an application which was reviewed and approved and fielded two questions in a one way video interview which was a very easy process

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of one time you had to sit down with a customer and discuss their pain points for a project/product.

ITW

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ITW

Interview

Responsive recruitment team with my questions Long period between application and interviews Well defined process from phone screen to interviews Structured questions from interviewers Good follow-up and the team was pleasant

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ITW

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITW in May 2022

Interview

Just a brief phone interview that didn't ask for my skills or my preferences for where I should work. They only asked if I could relocate in less than a week or two. I'm not sure what the purpose of the interview was.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ITW

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW

Interview

Very professional interview process. The interview process included 1 phone call 1 conference call and 2 in person interviews that included both one on one scenarios as well as round tables. This allowed me to meet multiple other associates within ITW to define if it was the best fit for me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you approach working with "hard" associates.

ITW

Application

I interviewed at ITW

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter that had no technical experience, and expected me to relocate myself using my own finances and savings. When I indicated i would not pay relocation costs out of my pocket, they got very defensive. I was asked to explain my personal projects and I heard the recruiter laugh at one of them - which is ironic because I asked a very basic technical question and they were unable to answer. This shows me they didn't even have the background or experience to make the judgments they were clearly making on the other end of the call. Extremely rude. If you can't afford relocation, you can't afford candidates outside of a reasonable commute range for on-site positions. Its that simple.

Interview Questions
  • Whats your experience with C++ Explain some personal projects What do you know about ITW Reminder that the position is on-site and would require me to relocate with assistance from the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ITW (Troy, MI) in Mar 2022

Interview

Online video interview with hiring manager & 2 others. Unfortunately, interview was a bit cumbersome at certain points because Director on interview had a old school sales ego and try to dominate/move too fast. I'm pretty solid and experienced in high level sales and was pretty quickly turned off to working for this company during the interview as the Director came off as arrogant and old-school. Went through the interview but knew pretty quickly wouldn't accept working for such a person. on a daily basis. It felt like Director wanted to keep his fiefdom secure.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe your sales process?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (West Lafayette, IN) in Mar 2022

Interview

The first interview was from HR where I had a 15 min phone call regarding the job description followed by a technical round for 1 hr. The technical round was a zoom video call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I interviewed at ITW (Detroit, MI)

Interview

Interviewing with them was overall good. The process wasn't dragged out too long, especially in between rounds . However, they are not very receptive to questions, it just seemed a bit defensive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Interviews

ITW Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ITW as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Tax Intern and Strategic Sourcing Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Manager and Sales Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ITW takes an average of 23 days when considering 135 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ITW according to 135 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.32%

ITW logo

Company Updates

5 days ago

Careers
Here at ITW, interns aren't just gaining real-world experience. They're building essential skills that contribute significantly to ITW culture and businesses. One exceptional example can be found at ITW Deltar Fasteners in Chippewa Falls, WI, where two interns have used collaboration to improve their skills and find creative solutions to complex issues. In the final week of our intern series, we're spotlighting two interns who have worked closely throughout their internships. Olivia Hile is a rising senior at the University of Wisconsin-Stout and a Manufacturing Engineer Intern. Isaias Palacios is an Operations/Manufacturing Engineer Intern and rising junior at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. #ProudToBeITW #ITWTogether
Shared image

21 days ago

Company News
We are proud to honor Kenneth Escoe's success as one of the Most Influential Black Executives in Corporate America. Congratulations! Please join us in celebrating Kenneth and his accomplishments as he is recognized by Savoy Magazine.
Shared image

ITW Photos

+ Add Photo
ITW photo of: ITW employees participate in the Mid-Level Managers' Symposium, a two-day professional development seminar for aspiring managers and executives.
ITW photo of: We strive to be a great employer through our demonstrated commitment to employee safety, workplace culture, talent development, diversity and inclusion, and benefits and compensation.
ITW photo of: At ITW, innovation starts with our customers.
ITW photo of: At ITW, we innovate from the customer back, not from the research and development center out.
ITW photo of: Our people are set up to succeed in a culture of flexibility within our framework.
ITW photo of: As a global, diversified and decentralized enterprise, we offer unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in markets around the world.
ITW photo of: We encourage our people to think like entrepreneurs and act like entrepreneurs.