ITW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ITW (Bloomington, IN).

Interview

I interviewed for the internal audit internship in Chicago. The night before the interview, I attended an audit event they held at a local restaurant. The interview was conducted the next day in my schools career services center.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a company today what would it be and what traits do you have that will help it succeed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by phone to arrange for a 1 hour HR interview. During the interview was asked pretty much all standard general interview questions - salary requirements, why work for us, why are you thinking of leaving your job, best boss, best skills, how do we remember you, how do you keep up to date with new stuff, have you missed deadline, if a coworker is missing a deadline, do you prefer to work in a team or by yourself.....etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (Troy, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

There was three groups of interviewers, all with different types of questions(though the first two groups were similar) They asked a lot about my math background, and later declined me because I was too focused on my math background. If you are a duel major like me, focus on your CS or software engineer degree over your other degree and do not let them take you off topic!

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite mathematician   1 Answer
    • What is your hardest class   1 Answer
    • What was your hardest math class   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with Linux?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Glenview, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

One over-the-phone interview and then 4 more interviews at their corporate HQ with related people(HR hiring manager, Strategic Sourcing Manager, etc). There was also an Excel proficiency test which was somewhat difficult(study up on Excel for several days). The 4 interviews+the Excel test lasted about 4 hours.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITW (Glenview, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The initial human resources contact was through email followed by 30 min over the phone interview with human resources representative who was not knowledgeable about accounting. She asked behavioral questions and went though my resume.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

There were a panel of 5 people. Questions were coming in at rapid fire. They were using a system to rate me for various aspects such as design, leadership etc. Very small division of a bigger company so essentially a small company.
    My advice is to prepare well and answer to the point. But when you have 5 people involved you never know who has the final say. It was interesting to give an interview like that. I learned that I have to speak to the point with lot of examples.

Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITW (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I contacted the ITW by email and received a response back fairly quick. I talked to some people from the company on the phone briefly. Following that, I had a phone interview. Following that, I had a in person interview with two people. The questions were straight forward and easy (tell me about yourself, what are your goals, why do you want to work here).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work here?
      What are you short term and long term goals?
      What are you passionate about?
      How do you work in a group setting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITW.

Interview

Was invited to on-campus interview event for summer internship opportunities. Not sure why I was invited, since they weren't looking for graduate students, so the interview was pretty much academic. Still, interviewers were polite and professional, mostly standard behavioral interview questions - assessing teamwork, leadership experience, ability to think outside the box, etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - "Tell me about a time you solved a challenging problem," etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITW in November 2015.

Interview

Short phone interviewing asking about resume. He wanted to go into detail about some things that I couldn't quite remember. They said they were looking for juniors, even though it clearly said on my resume my graduation date. The entire phone interview was only about a half an hour, without many technical questions, except about things on my resume.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was easy and smooth. The interviewer was a manager at that department. The interview took over the phone and lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer spent a lot of time introducing her company