Idealist Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Idealist Consulting

Sort:

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Idealist Consulting (Portland, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was conducted over happy hour which was a nice change of pace and a very comfortable setting to talk and get a vibe for my fellow co-workers and the company atmosphere.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idealist Consulting (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewees be warned-- this company was very disrespectful and stood me up for an interview! It was incredibly unprofessional!!

I applied for this position on a Tuesday. I was contacted the next day for an in-person interview and given two time slots to pick from, both the following Monday. (Very promising)

On the day-of, I was contacted in the morning and told that my interview would need to be a phone interview. I agreed to this and confirmed the time. When the time came, I sat with my phone, resume and writing samples and waited for their call. I waited 75 minutes before I got an only slightly apologetic email from my contact with an excuse about it not being a "typical day" and informing me that she would call me the next day.

I was floored by this unprofessional behavior. I spent those 75 minutes anxious and panicking that I had given the wrong number, or messed up the time and date (very unlike me, since I'm detail-oriented and very organized). I even went so far as to call the company's main number (no answer) and the contact's extension (no answer) over the first hour, just to be sure she was not trying to contact me! I also emailed her after 25 minutes to confirm she had the correct number for me. Nothing!

Then, to add insult to injury, she did not call me the next day as she said she would--which would have been respectful-- instead I got a FORM EMAIL from a colleague telling me that the position I was supposed to have interviewed for the day before was filled! I did not even get a chance to interview for the role. Not only that, I had to take time off for the interview that did not happen the day before, so I lost money waiting for their no-show interview! If you value your own time, be careful applying here.

Just to be clear-- I'm not upset that I did not get the job (I have a job and I was looking for a new opportunity, and if it was not here, then that's fine-- frankly, after waiting those 75 minutes, I already knew this was not going to be a good fit for me), I'm upset with the way I was treated! They were rude and barely apologetic. The way they treated me as an interviewee shows that they do not value long-them relationships with candidates; I hope they treat potential clients with more care!

I firmly believe that I was not given a fair chance to interview for this position (and that's bad), but I wanted to warn other interested interview candidates to be wary and not to stand for this behavior. Being a candidate is a vulnerable position to be in, and you deserve to be treated respectfully!

Idealist Consulting Response

Sep 14, 2016 – Admin

While we have addressed this issue with the candidate directly, we would like to share our perspective here to provide a balanced picture.

We review hundreds of applications for a number of... More

CRM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Idealist Consulting (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

After several phone interviews, I was offered a contractor position. I wanted to work full time for Idealist and was given the opportunity to interview on-site. I was interviewed employees ranging from HR to managers to the CEO during a full day visit. I also attended a happy hour, and was even taken to a Trailblazers game. The folks at Idealist were very friendly and the interview process was smooth.

Interview Questions