Illumina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illumina Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2018

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone screen was arranged the day after I applied. Two onsite interviews scheduled straight away. They were one week apart. An offer was made two days following the last interview.
    The Talent Acquisition team was extremely professional, responsive and accommodating. It was a wonderful experience.

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

Rude and unprofessional interviewers, seemed dismissive and not interested in really getting to know me. It also took nearly 2 months to be reimbursed for expenses. Overall, it left a poor impression of the potential work environment and I would not recommend pursuing a role here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied, got an email 2 weeks later asking for a type of phone screen interview. I say 'type of' because it wasn't through the phone, but rather you record yourself answering questions that are predetermined. I didn't think it was as accurate a measure of an applicant as you get through a phone interview, because my answers felt rushed and awkward.

It took one month before someone finally emailed me with a rejection letter. It would have been nice if there had been more transparency as to what they were doing all of that time before the rejection. The hiring manager never replied to my communications after that as well. Overall, more communication between HR/hiring manager and the applicant would have been nicer and would have felt more respectful to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict in your job and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager and a mutual fit was apparent. Followed up with HR who was rudely short in temper and got aggravated when asked questions about the role and structure of the team, package details, etc. Felt as if it was my privilege just to be speaking to Illumina HR. Needless to say, this ended shortly after the HR call. My advise is to proceed with caution HR and focus on hiring manager/team. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Typical technical and experience questions with questions about fit within organization and long term plans.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter, a phone interview with a manager, 6 1/1 interviews, and then a group activity with the other candidates. The questions were a mix of behavioral, technical, and experience-based questions.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of technical questions regarding genetics and their technology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in June 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, both with mostly good technical questions, can not disclose
    They were pretty standard for the position - algorithms, data structures, complexity, several specific algorithm for the data processing
    Also they were not advanced to the face-to-face interview I feel that I would be very good for the position

Interview Questions

• All questions were technical, not hard, interviewers were friendly and calm   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was sent a form from a recruiter to fill out asking about salary, location, how I found Illumina, general questions. About a week later, I got an email back saying they would like to move forward with me to a phone screen. I had about a 45 minute conversation with two senior software engineers, covering a bit about my background and usual java questions. I was then invited for an on-site. The on-site consisted of 3 (maybe 4, can't quite remember) panel interviews and a coding challenge where I wrote some code with half completed projects. I had about an hour to write about 5 programming questions without use of the internet. Everyone I met was extremely nice and had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty standard Java questions alongside the coding challenge   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with two Illumina employees. Went well for a while, but there were a few questions I did not expect which I stumbled on. Nevertheless, in general it was still a positive interview experience, and it gave me some insight on subject I still need to improve on.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was rather quick. I was submitted on a Thursday and by Friday they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of OOD questions and then questions about C# and the .NET framework. I then had an on-site interview which consisted of two 1-hour whiteboard interviews with two different people in each interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illumina (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview took me 1 hour in total. There are two group of people interviewing me, each of section is 30 minutes. Since it's was first round, the questions are relatively easy. Most of them are some general questions, and some of them are technical questions. Technical questions are about server side programming, and some questions are about database.