Illumina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Illumina

3.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone screen was arranged the day after I applied. Two onsite interviews scheduled straight away. They were one week apart. An offer was made two days following the last interview.
    The Talent Acquisition team was extremely professional, responsive and accommodating. It was a wonderful experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Step 1: completed the recorded video interview with the standard 9 questions. Only 15 minutes of answer time, however, the time to practice, get the setting correct and with the prep time for each question, the actual interview time was closer to 45 minutes.
    Step 2: phone interview, set up three weeks out, for 30 minutes, actual was 60 minutes. No followup ever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge with direct reports who do not communicate when they have a problem.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

Rude and unprofessional interviewers, seemed dismissive and not interested in really getting to know me. It also took nearly 2 months to be reimbursed for expenses. Overall, it left a poor impression of the potential work environment and I would not recommend pursuing a role here.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager and a mutual fit was apparent. Followed up with HR who was rudely short in temper and got aggravated when asked questions about the role and structure of the team, package details, etc. Felt as if it was my privilege just to be speaking to Illumina HR. Needless to say, this ended shortly after the HR call. My advise is to proceed with caution HR and focus on hiring manager/team. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Typical technical and experience questions with questions about fit within organization and long term plans.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screening with a recruiter, a phone interview with a manager, 6 1/1 interviews, and then a group activity with the other candidates. The questions were a mix of behavioral, technical, and experience-based questions.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of technical questions regarding genetics and their technology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen with two Illumina employees. Went well for a while, but there were a few questions I did not expect which I stumbled on. Nevertheless, in general it was still a positive interview experience, and it gave me some insight on subject I still need to improve on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later about a digital interview. This consisted of recording my answers to questions with my webcam and submitting them. There are no re-dos on the answers and only a limited amount of time to read the questions. I found the process awkward and somewhat troublesome. I would have preferred a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were general and over topics asked for in the job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with a developer.
    Long onsite interview. The onsite interview involved tech interview, presentation, team building(One participant will look at the lego structure and others would try to build the structure from the pieces based on the instruction from the person who can see the lego) and a group problem solving (Each member of group has some info about the problem, they come together to form a team, its fun).
    Tech interview was very vague.

Interview Questions

• How google manages to display map so quicky?
      Do you know about javascript? Describe MVC architecture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was sent a form from a recruiter to fill out asking about salary, location, how I found Illumina, general questions. About a week later, I got an email back saying they would like to move forward with me to a phone screen. I had about a 45 minute conversation with two senior software engineers, covering a bit about my background and usual java questions. I was then invited for an on-site. The on-site consisted of 3 (maybe 4, can't quite remember) panel interviews and a coding challenge where I wrote some code with half completed projects. I had about an hour to write about 5 programming questions without use of the internet. Everyone I met was extremely nice and had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty standard Java questions alongside the coding challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview, it had 6 questions and 3 of them were asking about your past experiences while the other 3 were technical theory. It was fun to do but I did not expect those type of theory questions and they were worded strangely so I didn't quite understand what they wanted.