Illumina Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 749 of over 749 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

It was very thorough and collaborative. Questions were posed by different business partners which set the tone of how collaboration works at Illumina. Interviewing with a team great individuals ranging from all levels of role, was very refreshing as it showcased the importance of every role and opinion.

Interview Questions
  • What is your Xactly experience?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA)

Interview

I've only interviewed within academia. However, from my experience, if they are not interested, they would not follow up for a phone interview. The preferred qualifications can sometimes be fairly loose. My suggestion would be to try and show that you are or would be capable of learning statistical analysis techniques and NGS.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

The interview process started with a one way interview in which their hiring portal displayed questions and you gave 2 minute video responses to them. After the hiring team reviews your answers, you meet with the hiring manager. If they like your skillset then you take part in a final panel interview and they make their decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA)

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn who fast tracked me to a video interview round without speaking to me on the phone first. The video round was a little awkward with only 2 minutes to answer each question. Three weeks later I heard back and was pushed to speak with a hiring manager. After following up with my recruiter since I heard nothing back three weeks later I was asked to do an in depth presentation around promoting some of their current content. After presenting all interviewers told me they were impressed but I didn’t hear back for another month despite trying to connect with my recruiter multiple times. TL;DR: Be wary. A 2 month interview process with an in depth project and bad communication definitely did not make me want to work here even if I had gotten the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What is a work related accomplishment that you’re proud of?

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

The process only had one interview, and there were 5 supervisors at that time. It was a great interview and the questions were not too tough. Most of them focused on your personality.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

In a highly competitive hiring market, when will companies ever learn to have skilled people who are trained in HR and talent acquisition help their teammates conduct interviews? I had a series of interviews with various personnel. To be fair, several of them were very nice. Unfortunately, this was offset by others that were patronizing, passive aggressive, and not prepared (and this is putting it mildly). These are the people I will be working with? Umm, thanks, but I'll pass.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked several typical behavioral interview questions off of a script.
1 person found this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Phone interview. Mostly technical questions were asked, 1 soft skill question. Interviewer's environment having echo and interviewer's hard accent contributed to difficulty in interpreting questions clearly. Interview time was around 40-50 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Describe Polymerase Chain Reaction fully. Lab conversion calculation question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

First interview was a video recording via Hirevue. 8 questions and you get 2 tries per questions. It’s timed but you literally can just watch your recording after the first try and pause it to think about how the question to prep for the second try. Second interview was a short phone call from HR asking 2-3 questions and discussing salary. Third was a technical interview with hypotheticals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Overall it was a good experience, questions about past experience, qualifications, and personality. I didn’t hear back from them, although I thought we had a nice chat. Only in a few weeks I got automated reply that I have not been selected for the role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Great phone interview and then in-person interview, not too many technical questions. My willingness to learn superseded my knowledge gap. The salary just wasn't what I was looking for so I had to decline

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

The interview was a 1 way video interview with 8 questions conducted on the website Hireview. Each question allotted 3-4 minutes to answer as well as 2-3 minutes to prep.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 749 Interviews