KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Illumina Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 896 of over 896 interviews

Recruiter6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

I found a post online and applied Apply online. About a week after I got a phone screen. Overall it’s just a informative call, and then got invitation for on-site interview event.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm question on two egg issue
    Answer Question

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Expected communication to match the time invested to get to late stage evaluation -- the HR system sent an automated message with rejection notice, with HR point of contact reaching out a week after this notice was sent. Transparency on the process could have been better. Hour-long whiteboard session had little structure to it, with preceding description of how the session would be conducted ultimately having little relevance. Problem statement was on identifying variants from samples. Interviewers were much less interested in approaches used to identify variants than in general pipelining design principles. The passive nature of participants on the call meant that some time passed before this became apparent. Process was handled primarily by functional group lead, which may have contributed to confusion on scheduling and logistics. Whiteboard session preceded one-on-one interviews, which they noted is not ideal and usually one-on-ones precede whiteboarding session.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Illumina

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

The assessment day on site was a full day of activities. We had to work as a team, give a presentation, do a calculation test and interview with the hiring manager. It was not stressful at all, very positive environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Unpleasant experience at the start of 2nd round of interview as the director did not turn on the video. Throughout the whole interview process, the interviewer was particular about my employment history and replied in a disrespectful manner.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Quick process. 4 separate interviews total. From application to hire the process took about 2 weeks-3 weeks total. Good and thoughtful questions. Illumina cares about who they hire and they want to invest in the right people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Very thorough - high quality interviewers with in depth knowledge of the field as well as thoughtful and engaging questions for an in depth interview - it was a very insightful experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

My interviews consisted of three rounds: one with an HR rep, one with the hiring manager, and one with a panel of the team + hiring manager. All were done remotely

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Illumina

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Illumina

Interview

Professional, straightforward, and well structured. I sincerely appreciate the punctuality and professionalism on the part of the interviewers and the HR representative. I learned a lot on the process and was glad to be selected to interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I interviewed at Illumina (Singapore)

Interview

The interview process was well structured and smooth, communication was clear and followed by either an email or a phone call, HR representative was open to questions and transparent on pay and benefits.

Interview Questions
  • Why Illumina? Give example of things/achievements that gives you satisfaction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Call screening then an onsite interview. The guys supposed to interview me didn't show up for work. I waited 45 minutes before they could find someone to talk to me. Then the guy who would be my boss left the interview after a few minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 896 Interviews

Illumina Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Illumina as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.11 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Scientist and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Scientist I and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Illumina takes an average of 31 days when considering 897 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Scientist I had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 49 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Illumina according to 897 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.90%