Imerys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imerys Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Imerys.

Interview

Sent resume and application through link that was managed by Mercuri Urval recruiting firm. Contacted by recruiter that was conducting the job search. Had a telephone interview and Skype interview with firm and was told that I was one of the final candidates being brought in for the position. Contacted recruiter multiple times over the following two weeks to schedule final step and heard nothing. Found out the recruiter had been fired from the company and another recruiter found three suitable candidates to submit. One of the strangest situations I have ever been involved and will not be part of any future process with this company or recruitment firm.

Interview Questions

• Skype interview with same questions as phone screen. . .seemed very strange and almost discriminating.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imerys (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Talent Acquisition. I was then scheduled for an on-site interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was pleasant, but seemed overly focused on why I would have left a long-term employer earlier in my career and with how surprised I was to have been laid off from a position. He didn't ask me much with respect to how I would handle situations or use my expertise. Because he was not US-based, he spent more time quizzing me on what my former employers did than on what I could bring to his organization.

Strategy & M&A Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Imerys.

Interview

There are two rounds, the first one is with HR, all competency questions. The second focuses more on motivation and technical skills. It's not difficult for the first round, but second round you should prepare more since all of them are ex-bankers.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imerys (Roswell, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds with HR, Direct Supervisor and Senior Manager. Interviews were structured and company tried to understand what you can bring to company, your personality and personal values. Company made efforts to arrange a time/online meetings if you can't come to the office. HR also helps you understand about company work, culture, location and internship. Overall, the interview process was good and help you decide whether the company will be a great place to intern and work for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in marketing? What can you bring to the position? Why are you interested in the company? What did you do in previous experiences? Tell me what would you do if you have to understand about a market...   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imerys (Golden, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth. They didn't ask any hard questions. For them it's mostly important that you are a good fit to their company culture: able to relocate globally, international experience, speak many languages etc

Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imerys (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to do a phone interview about a week later. Phone interview, then in-person interview. Both lasted about 30 minutes each. Very kind and personable interviewers!

Mining Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ludlow, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imerys (Ludlow, VT) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. HR called first for a screening and set-up an interview with the hiring managers. We talked about my previous experience, education, position expectations and housing/relocation details for the internship period.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Imerys (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, and multiple in-person interviews with assorted company personnel - HR, GC, other attorneys, and manufacturing heads. Very long process. Some interviewers were very prepared and others not at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imerys (Roswell, GA).

Interview

The Hiring process at IMERYS was long, however, the leadership team was very knowledgeable. The entire process took 2 weeks, with two in person interviews. I was presented an offer after my second interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have strong technical skills, coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of the client's needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements?

How do you assist in the development and delivery of quality management and quality assurance training for all employees engaged in quality and performance monitoring?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imerys in July 2015.

Interview

Asked mostly about previous experience. Then proceeded to go on and on about the company, leaving little time to comment or ask questions. Not your typical interview questions, no behavioral or hypothetical questions.