ImmunoGen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ImmunoGen Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Research Scientist Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter working as contractor for the company - we were linked on LinkedIn. He convinced me about the position. I then had a phone interview with the HR, followed by one with the hiring manager, then a week later an all-day interview including a presentation and lunch with a group. I had the occasion to meet 1:1 with the HM, the group's lead, the RAs, as well as with other Scientists I may be working with. It was a good overview of the group, and I think they provided a good idea of what a new hire would encounter - after all, the company is also being interviewed by the candidate. Then... I waited. I could contact them and get back information on the status of my application, which I greately appreciate. One month after the interview, I was offered the position. There was no choice of negociating the package.

Interview Questions

• General questions: background, techniques, expertise, reasons for being interested in this company... What type of manager you are.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Boston, MA).

Interview

it was a brief interview. the phone screen did not take much time as the first question was are you a green card holder or US Citizen. They said they will get back to me if they do not find another candidate

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Norwood, MA).

Interview

It depends who is interviewing you but truth be told if they like you they will hire you. If your an employee referral it's more likely than not you will get hired but it's helps a lot to have an employee referral. Depending on the position you may not get interviewed by your immediate co-workers which is unusual since you would be working along side them.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Agency reached out. Did initial in-person interview with agency for vetting. They scheduled a first round in office with hiring manager at ImmunoGen. Met with two members of the recruiting team.
    Sat in offices, 1:1, for 45minutes each. Started with pleasantries and work histories. Had plenty of time for candidate questions and background inquiries on career path, history of the company, intentions of the leadership and roles for the future. Addressed questions with frank answers of spikes and opportunities of the company.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through. "Tell me about a time when" referencing specific experiences from the resume. Followed by "What do you in a situation like..." outlining some of the struggles the company faces and ensuring the cultural fit was there.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I met 6 people for research associate position. very long and tiring. I did not really appreciate their interview strategy. Although lunch was provided, it did not elevate my opinion on the interview process.

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The process was quite easy. The interviews were all done in one day, however, there were many people with which I had to meet. Long day, but overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any really hard questions asked. Mostly were simply "Do you know how to..." or "What would you do if..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot to the negotiation. The initial offer was just under what I was looking for so it made that process pretty easy.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA).

Interview

interview was very comprensive and included 4 steps. First phone screen from HR and then with hiring manager. After call I was invited for onsite interview for a whole day BIG program, giving presentation, meeting many scientists, directors and VPs and lunch with RAs. After 3 days of onsite, HR called and asked for second onsite interview. I met two scientists. 4 days later got a call from HR that they want to collect references. After 1 week, again call from HR discussing about the next formalities and slight positive indication. Following day I got confirmation phone call from hiring manager about the job, and offer package.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Had phone interview with to be manager, then came in for an interview with PhD lead, and all other lab members together. Laid back, and got to the details with questions.

Negotiation

Went through a recruiter who negotiated for me.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ImmunoGen (Waltham, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was very casual. I submitted my resume to my coonection in the company who forwarded it to department head and managers. I was called for an interview the next week. It was just about 1 hour long and regular stuff. They showed me the lab and office space and other areas. Then I got a call from my potential manager after few days that they liked me and would like to hire me. The HR emailed me with an offer letter which I signed and accepted