Impact Networking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Impact Networking

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Lake Forest, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and a ride along day over the course of almost 90 days. Spent 8 hours with an outside sales rep gathering business cards and helping him set appointments (also to to see if I could sell) and met with multiple levels of management and the sales team (all amazing people). The atmosphere is very family like, the office has a family and very energetic and spirited energy to it, it’s refreshing to walk into and all of the people I met (from the receptionist to the higher ups) were inspiring to spend time with.

I finally met with the manager I would be working for at the last couple of interviews, we had great conversations, shared ideas and my desire to excel and move up within my career. He made an offer (took a couple of weeks due to the holiday period) and I accepted.

This is where my experience went south very quickly, I signed and returned the offer within a matter of hours, full of excitement and enthusiasm for my new role.
    Over the course of 72 hours the phones and emails fell silent, I didn’t hear anything and reached out to the recruiter whom I had been working with along with the manager to find out what the next step was, still no response from either. Later that day at 5:01pm I received an email from someone within HR stating that my offer had been rescinded (in their exact words “ Unfortunately, it was discovered through comments posted that you were actively seeking other positions throughout social media platforms and after reflecting on the lack of commitment we see thus far, it is with regret that we are rescinding the employment offer made to you”). I had no conversation with this person at any point and no returned call over the course of several days.

Up until the date I was presented with a written offer I continued to look at my options and speak with recruiters, I am a free agent and as such can search for employment through any potential employer until such time as I receive a written offer of employment, no potential employer can tell you that you cannot search for employment while interviewing with them, they’re not paying you for your time and as such you are free to engage whomever you wish until you find employment.
    At the time I received a written offer I stopped working with recruiters and let them know I had accepted an offer with a company and closed contact with the other recruiters. (For example, common sense would tell you a car dealership won’t hold a car for you for a month without a deposit, loan or signed contract, since there is no promise you will return or pay the remaining balance, you don’t get the car until it’s paid for, same principle applies to a job application)

In the age of social media people tend to “jump the gun” and not take the time to engage or speak to a person to find out the facts before making a decision. In this case a promising career was tainted by a rash judgement with no conversation or chance to discuss (a simple example would be any of the current presidents “Tweets” over Twitter that can be taken out of context by any number of people as to their meaning) I keep my social media accounts private and not public, I only keep a business networking profile through LinkedIn which is made up of friends and business acquaintances whom I’ve known for a good amount of time. I seldom use it for career/job hunting and more for connecting people.

I spend time assisting friends (some of which are recruiters in their respective fields) network through social media, I comment on posts and engage in “bumping” to help move posts up the newsfeed to get further attention on them. It’s common practice to save repetitive posts and generate interest and conversation. I’m guessing their quick decision was based on a social media post through a networking site as all of my social media accounts are private and hidden from public view.

Either way, between 60-90 days, multiple interviews, gas and time have been lost to an assumption by a person I’ve never had a conversation or engaged with. A quick call could have cleared up any doubt quickly. The era of social media saves people the time of really investigating facts in place of making assumptions. Should I call myself lucky for dodging a bullet, or be disappointed over the time I invested being taken in a second by a simple mistake? I won’t cry over it as it’s the new year and there are plenty of companies looking for strong closers and skilled talent.

I do hope they rethink their approach towards potential employees, rash decisions can cost companies dearly, whether it be financially, publicly or with their reputation. I wish them all the success for the future despite the way I was treated at the end.

Interview Questions

• Please provide us with copies of your most recent W2’s and check stubs   1 Answer

Jan 22, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. As a close-knit company built on a foundation of teamwork, we must ensure that our employees are fully committed. Seeking other options after receiving an offer letter is... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Very slow interview process. It's a simple cold calling, building your deck of customers and maintaining customer. They take things way to serious, you're selling paper, toner and office supplies. Not rocket science! They need computer savvy people and new ideas. They're way to concern about you being social with current employees. It's a job and the best salespeople are more concern with goals vs being engaged in social conversation all day. No need for a interviewer to spend 8 hours sitting with each of your reps.

Interview Questions

Impact Networking Response

Aug 1, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. At Impact, we offer several services to our customers, not just paper and copiers. We are a full business process automation company that offers IT services, software... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Lake Forest, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I found Impact online and sent them my resume. I was promptly contacted by a very friendly recruiter who set up a phone interview with my manager. Upon completion of the phone interview, I was invited to the Lake Forest, IL headquarters for an in-person interview with that manager, and also had an informal interview with the CEO. I was shown around the office and felt very welcomed. I'd done my research and learned that culture was king at Impact, and my in-person interview and office tour confirmed that. I made sure to follow up after the interview was completed, and received and accepted my job offer when it was given.

Interview Questions

• How can you use your skills to help the company achieve its goals?   Answer Question

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I've ever had in my life. Phone interview with HR went extremely well. Asked relevant questions such as "what relevant experience do you have?" "Can you give an example of a project you've managed?" - very typical interview questions. When I was invited to advance to the next round I wasn't asked anything relevant to the position but instead, was encouraged to pursue sales (after saying sales people are stupid). Proceeded to say that he was looking for someone with a PMP certification to fill the role, then looked at the developer next to him and asked what a PMP certification is (not to mention, that was OPTIONAL in the job listing and I was actively pursing that certification by having already taken the course, completed the application and just needed to study and pass the test. Then, he used my reference list to contact my old boss about a position with a different company they thought she'd be a good fit for.

If you're an intelligent, hardworking woman skilled in marketing, don't work here. If you're a dude, though, it'd probably be a really great fit. A really huge disappointment, considering the overall Glassdoor reviews for this business. I had much higher expectations.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with HR went extremely well. Asked relevant questions such as "what relevant experience do you have?" "Can you give an example of a project you've managed?" - very typical interview questions. When I was invited to advance to the next round I wasn't asked anything relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Impact Networking in October 2017.

Interview

The process was extremely professional and exactly how it should be. I have had many years of prior experience so it may be different for individuals new to the industry. The interview was a breath of fresh air.
    I started with a conversation with the direct manager. The same day I met with one of the owners and drove to the corporate office that same day to meet with the Vice President.
    I was offered a position the same day but the interview process was very focused on culture and ensuring the fit between Myself and the company where in line.
    I feel that this would be a great position for new graduates or veterans if you would like to break into the industry.
    Definitely worth the time to interview and explore options with this fast growing company.

Interview Questions

Impact Networking Response

Feb 11, 2019 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you were impressed by the interview process. We look forward to seeing what you achieve at Impact!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, on site interview with manager, met with partner of company and then had a ride along for the entire day in which I met with another account manager and learned about the typical day that is required and what the job entails.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

had a phone interview with a recruiter who kept it real casual and warned me that the next step would be tough and but is worth the pay and everything that come with it

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

phone interview with recruiting team, second interview with recruiting manager. finally a Skype interview if traveling will be involved. if no traveling is required, you will be invited to the office for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• experience, morals, capable of following directions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Brookfield, WI) in January 2018.

Interview

Had about a 20 minute phone interview with a recruiter first, and then an in-person interview with a manager about a week later.

The recruiter was nice. Basic phone screen. The in-person interview was rocky. The original manager who intended to interview me was stuck in a meeting, so the interview didn't start until about 10 to 20 minutes later than usual. The other manager who jumped in was okay. Chemistry wasn't excellent, but the interview process was very quick and informal.

After about 2 weeks of not hearing from either person, I assumed I didn't get an offer.

I learned a lot about the position and the company culture. I could have been more prepared than I was, but at the same time it probably wasn't a company or a role I would truly enjoy anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenging team experience   Answer Question

Jul 25, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. As a sales organization, it's not uncommon for our sales managers to get tied up on the phone with a client, but we do apologize for the inconvenience. We wish you the best... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impact Networking (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview. Pre-recorded online interview question and answer. Several rounds of in-person interviews and job shadow "ride-along" day. During the ride along, you shadow one of the Impact members all day long. Fairly rigorous. Not just a blow off day.

Interview Questions

Impact Networking Response

Jul 25, 2018 – Online Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience. We understand that the nature of our business (i.e. cold calling, dealing with rejection, etc.) is not for... More