Impact Networking Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Impact Networking CEO Frank Cucco
Frank Cucco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A work hard-play hard environment where you get rewarded with amazing incentives for going above and beyond and doing what you are supposed to do" (in 19 reviews)

• "Open door policy with all upper level management" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is Little work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "In any role, you will at least occasionally need to work outside the typical 8-5 schedule" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Hardest but most rewarding job I've had"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time

Pros

Impact is the hardest place I have ever worked, bar non. I am in senior sales/management here, and the level of responsibility and expectations exceeds any pressure I have ever felt. You must be outstanding at what you do to succeed here. You must have exceptional work ethic. You must be willing to be challenged and pushed by your managers. You must have unparalleled organizational skills and time management. You must be willing to make personal sacrifices for this job. You must be willing to be pushed outside your comfort zone to do things and sell in ways that you never thought you would be capable of doing.

The best way I can describe this is equating it to a diamond being formed. You will feel intense pressure, almost to the point where you're unsure if you are able to sustain it. BUT. What you end up being after that process is the most amazing professional you imagined you could be.

I have grown more at Impact in 2 years than the 8 years prior combined to joining here. I make two or three times as much as people my age who are doing well. I am rewarded in bonuses and trips beyond what I could imagine. The ability to be promoted to leadership quickly if you earn it is wonderful. I am surrounded by peers, colleagues, support, executives, and clients who are exceptional human being and challenge me to grow every single day.

And NO, I was not solicited to write this review. This is completely of my own accord and my honest opinion of working at Impact Networking.

Cons

These are only downsides if you aren't willing to work hard and can't handle sales:

If you are in sales, you're going to work a LOT. Like, a lot a lot. I work close to 80 hours a week. But the rewards are worth it for me now. I am not required to work 80 hours a week - most people need to work about 60 hours a week in order to do their jobs successfully.

If you are prone to stress, this is not the job for you. You feel the weight of your world when in sales here. You are hounded by your managers and their managers, and that's just the reality of why people are successful here: the bar is extremely high. Even if you achieve it, your bar gets raised. There is no complacency here. If you cannot handle pressure, do not work here.

Advice to Management

I would love to see a concerted effort/programs surround diversity and female leadership at Impact. If you look at any all-company photo, the VAST majority are Caucasian people, and only about 4 females in leadership positions out of about 40. I fully believe Impact embraces diversity, but I wish that they would put more effort directly towards expanding their diversity, recruiting for multi-cultural individuals, and propelling females into leadership programs at Impact.

"Sales"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company with an excellent training program.

Cons

If you like to get paid for your hard work, this is the company for you. If you don't want to work hard, then you do not want to work for Impact.

3. "Company Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Impact going on 4 years since I graduated from college. The best part about Impact is the company culture. The partners do a great job facilitating a "work hard, play hard" atmosphere. There are constantly company trips, parties and get-togethers that allow the whole company to bond.

The opportunity for growth within the company is also a huge plus. Most of the sales managers began as entry level reps. Impact loves to promote from within.

Cons

Competitive industry but Impact stays on the cutting edge of technology which allows us to stay a step in front of our competitors.

Sep 10, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed the 'work hard, play hard' culture at Impact and opportunities for growth!

4. "Unethical"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are 8-5 and good location.

Cons

Everytime someone puts a bad review on Glassdoor, they good it a put 2 good ones dated the same day.

Advice to Management

You say your culture is so important. But really it's your way of alienating good potential candidates. Stop making job applicants jump through hoops. There is no need for them to be evaluated by the petty older workers you currently have. Your turn over rate would be lower if you gave diversity a shot.

Sep 26, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for providing your feedback. We encourage employees to give their honest feedback via Glassdoor as it gives job seekers an inside look into our company. We also use employee feedback on... More

"Great Sales Management Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, on going training, great structure. Incentives like I have never seen and consistent motivation coming from the top.

Cons

Impact is still very new in the Southern California market but with the way things are going, heavy branding and high level activity it's just a matter of time that Impact dominates the independent dealer market.

Sep 5, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience with Impact and can't wait to see even more growth on the West Coast!

"Operations manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work hard play hard environment. Amazing culture. Employees are treated like family. Promote rapidly from within especially in California because they are growing rapidly

Cons

Impact is new to the LA market and with that comes a start up culture which is fun and also challenging

"Account Manager at a great company"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started working at Impact in January 2018 and it has been a great ride. There is a structure to the whole process, which helps you stay organized. In a way, you are your own boss, in your territory, and you manage your own time; just make sure you are achieving the activity that is required. Managers and specialists are always available to help, answer questions, and provide support. Upper management is always accessible and constantly looking for ways to help us do a better job. The incentives and the training provided is top-notch. And the culture is the icing in the cake: we work hard, but also play hard and celebrate every individual's achievements, no matter what. The future is NOW for LA!

Cons

As with any job, there is a learning curve with the processes, and you can expect some extra time after 5pm while you adapt. But it is worth it.

Advice to Management

You are doing an excellent job: staying on top of trends, constantly looking for ways to grow, praising and sharing each person's success. Please continue to do that. Thanks for the opportunity!

8. "Employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture to work with. Makes coming to work every day enjoyable. The main partners of the company are taking the company in the right direction with a lot of growth and investing a tremendous amount into where the industry in heading. A lot of recognition and rewards when going above and beyond. Whether you are in sales, admin, warehouse or service; the company all has the same goal. Truly a world class organization.

Cons

Sales is not for everyone. Prospecting can be uncomfortable for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees.

9. "Awesome Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic and supportive company culture, great place to learn new skills and earn money doing it.

Cons

This is not an easy job, That's not really a con but it's important to know that the job is challenging and will test what you're made of.

Advice to Management

The management here is amazing, We have great leadership that supports the team and listens to our concerns. They also really know how to treat employees and bring them into the culture.

10. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best culture I've ever worked for and a real opportunity to make good money your first year! This company is growing and growing fast.... so buckle up if you're ready for the ride!

Cons

no cons! just need to be willing to work late hours sometimes to get all of the data entered. its worth it though!

Advice to Management

none! they are great!

Sep 5, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your first year with Impact. We're confident that our continued growth in the West Coast area will create endless opportunities for... More