Impact Networking Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Impact Networking CEO Frank Cucco
Frank Cucco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work Hard Play Hard with Impact (in 12 reviews)

• Everyone from top executives to most entry level position understand our business plan and goals (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Say goodbye to work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Mostly door to door cold calls and phone calls (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Pros

Great environment and great people to work with. Company has a lot to offer!

Cons

Pay isn't that great, but you have the chance to make more money.

"The company that made my wife cry"

Current Employee - Vice President/Partner in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President/Partner in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at Impact for over 11 years. I started entry-level out of college and saw the passion the company had. I saw how it motivated its employees. When I started, Impact had 3 locations, did about $15 million in revenue, and had about 55 employees. The message was clear: With growth, the opportunities to succeed are almost limitless. But, growth takes hard work, passion, drive, and performance. It is these traits that Impact needs in its employees to stay on target. I was here for the first milestone: $30 Million. Our next target was $100 Million by 2017. This a true team-oriented, entrepreneurial culture. The whole company must perform. This is what has kept me at Impact and has allowed me to develop. I earned partnership in the company in 2014. It was this moment where Impact made my wife cry (although they were happy tears). Impact values its employees and will go above and beyond to ensure its employees have what they need to grow with the company.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that with fast growth, aggressive goals, employee development, etc., comes stress. The stress comes because you care for what you do and many people thrive in a competitive, fast-paced environment. With sales comes rejection, and rejection can definitely stress people out. The key is to stay positive, and work with your teams to push through those times.

Advice to Management

It’s easy to say “Just keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working.” While that is true, I believe the advice is to keep innovating. The Impact today is drastically different from the Impact of 11 years ago. The drive, passion, and culture that brought me here still stands today with over 450+ employees, but Impact has continually brought to market new products and services to stay competitive and become a market leader. You can have a great culture, but if Impact were to remain stagnant, the company would not be sustainable. Innovation has allowed Impact to grow in to new markets and adapt its offerings.

3. "This is a place you want to be"

Current Employee - Sales in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Team selling with specialists. Multiple products to make money on. Great trips , bonuses and commissions. Excellent facilities & state of the art technology. If you put in the effort it takes to be good at sales you are highly rewarded. The key is staying positive in a very demanding job

Cons

Keep moving the company away from hardware and continue to build solutions. Hardware cannot sustain a fast growing company like Impact.

Advice to Management

Keep adding more great support people to enhance the sales teams efforts

4. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A work hard-play hard environment where you get rewarded with amazing incentives for going above and beyond and doing what you are supposed to do. A tremendous opportunity to grow within the organization and work through the ranks. Great leadership and ownership that knows how to treat its employees to help the organization keep growing.

Cons

Prospecting can be rough at times, but it is a must to be successful, not only in this job, but any sales job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "An amazing company with great people"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unique corporate culture, limitless potential for advancement, local ownership, exotic company wide trips, employee recognition, and a great training program.

Cons

It's a tough job that requires a lot of practice, dedication, and focus. It is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees from all departments recognition and keep the culture the same. There is a great plan in place for the future and I truly believe that this is the best company to work for.

6. "Love this Place"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many reasons to come work at impact. Between the recognitions, to the trips and incentives it all makes you want to work even harder. This place is very team orientated and if you buy all in you will love it here.

Cons

Sales is a very tough job and you have to put in the work to be successful, just like anything you do

7. "Opportunity"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your voice is heard at Impact, even by C-level employees. There is a lot of transparency here and the harder you work, the more you will be rewarded. The company is all about growth and opportunity.

Cons

Growing pains, but they do a good job of addressing them.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek input from people in all departments. That's a big part of the reason Impact is such a good place to work.

"Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun people to work with. Ability to be a self starter

Cons

Lack of management support or consistent training. Training often cancelled, toxic office environment towards end of the month

Advice to Management

Support the rookies, tell them how to set demos, make it interesting and fun, do not let stress show. Communicate better with partners and top reps.

Impact Networking Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Online Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the Account Manager position can be highly challenging, which is why we stress to new employees that it takes time and effort to become a seasoned sales... More

"Micro Management"

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their Boot Camp, while intense (2 weeks of 8 hour classes and 4hours/night of study to memorize word for word a 35 page slide deck) did give a very good base for direct sales.
    Good product portfolio.

Cons

Company culture - if you enjoy the fraternity type swearing, drinking, unprofessional culture then perhaps this would be a fit.
    Unethical business practices - during training they make you sign a waiver saying that if you quit or get fired that you have to pay back the cost of the hotel and the value of the training. Of course by then your going to sign it because if you didn't you'd be out.
    As far as selling - they sell almost all of their leases with maintenance included. They do this to unduely lock customers into their equipment (I was told this by my manager) because the customer would have to buy out the remaining maintenance agreement to go with another company. This also allows Impact to "increase the maintenance" annually and actually increase the lease on the hardware as well.
    Work-life balance: It is expected to work 9-10 hours per day.
    Extreme Micro-management: Account Managers are expected to make a combination of 800 phone calls and cold calls per month and if they don't hit this they have their salary reduced the next month proportionately. They didn't tell me about this "docking of pay" until after I verbally agreed to the job and told my family about it.

Advice to Management

Address the issues above.

"Frat-pact Networking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constant flow of booze. Modern offices. All the girls are conventionally "hot". Feels like college. Family company, as in it's really easy to get hired/promoted based on who you're related to.

Cons

Impact wastes so much money on things that most employees outside of HQ never see or use. Marketing pays hundreds--up to thousands--of dollars to "apply" for all the awards Impact has "won". Management honestly believe that the coffee machine at HQ that costs more than some peoples' cars is a perk.

If you don't work in sales, you don't matter. Everyone at the C-Level is treated like a demigod. Nonexistent management and training for non-sales teams. Mid-senior hires get the same 8 days of vacation they give the kids fresh out of college. Compensation is below the industry standard. HR is too young and hopelessly under-qualified to keep up with growth.

So much gossip and infighting but that's bound to happen when employees are constantly being encouraged to get drunk together. This place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Invest in your mid-senior staff as much as you do the entry-level and C-level. Stop bleeding money into extravagant open bar events several times a year. Figure out who you really are as a company and take better care of the branch offices.

Impact Networking Response

Aug 10, 2017 – Online Marketing

It is unfortunate that your experience at Impact seems to indicate our culture was not a good fit for you. We are a growing and lively company with over 450 employees at 17 locations and counting. As... More