Impact Networking Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Impact Networking CEO Frank Cucco
Frank Cucco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A work hard-play hard environment where you get rewarded with amazing incentives for going above and beyond and doing what you are supposed to do" (in 20 reviews)

• "It's refreshing to see that the hard work I have put in has been has been rewarded with many awesome perks" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is Little work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)

• "It is important to know that hard work pays off, in any position" (in 8 reviews)

1. "The future is now!"

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve been in this industry as a sales professional for sixteen years and have spent the last three of them with Impact Networking. If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced position whether that be in the capacity of sales, technician, administration, warehouse and you are determined to work hard, consider Impact.
    At Impact, regardless of our titles, we are all one unit working for the same goal; to give our clients the best experience and service possible. Ownership and management are top notch, always available and encourage entrepreneurialism from all employees. Hard work is recognized and awarded and the ability to be promoted into other positions and departments exists and happens often.
    With that said, successful people DO NOT work the standard Monday through Friday, 8-5 schedule. Regardless of profession, athlete, scientist, attorney, farmer or sales, successful people put in the extra hours to hone their craft and reap the benefits of their devotion and grit. The only limit to your growth and success at Impact is you.

Cons

No major cons to report.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

2. "Success starts here!"

Current Employee - Development Professional in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Development Professional in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impact sets the ground work for professional success. With over 12 years of professional experience, I have never worked for a company that provides development, support, and incentive the way Impact does.
    Impact nurtures success by ensuring work ethic is celebrated on a regular basis. From drivers to sales managers and everyone in between, putting in the effort to consistently exceed set expectations gets rewarded!
    Working at Impact has restored my excitement and drive! I want to work hard for a company that truly values me as a professional.

Cons

It is important to know that hard work pays off, in any position. At Impact the expectations are high but the payoff is higher. Even though the number of hours may be slightly longer for me, I am always coming home happy and there is no trade off to that!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to validate hard work! Impact promotes from within and has set expectations that are often exceeded and celebrated, that has been a crucial part of the culture and it is working!!!

"Impact = Fantastic career choice and outstanding customer service"

Current Employee - Strategic Services Branch Manager in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Strategic Services Branch Manager in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve known of Frank Cucco, and Dan Meyer even before they opened Impact in 1999. They had always been formidable competitors so I knew this would be a company to closely watch. Throughout the years, I have been amazed at Impact’s growth, in addition to stories from friends whom went to work there.

Therefore, when opportunity was available I decided to join this incredible company. Suffice it to say, everything I heard was absolutely true… This company has a keen focus on finding the right people and aligning them to the most appropriate roles. However, one of the major factors to Impact’s success is helping the Impact employees (really family) develop professionally, which ultimately finds its way into the employee’s home life in the form of personal happiness. This cultural philosophy has the same effect on our customers, meaning an energized, enthusiastic employee’s attitude will find its way to the customer in the form of good service.

Now that I’ve been at Impact for a while, it is clear that Impact is every bit as strong as the reputation which drew me to join the team. I am lucky to work for fantastic leaders, like Doug Green, Frank DeGeorge, Cory Carnes, and Tom Pieters. Additionally, I receive fantastic support from Jon Evans, Patrick Scully, Kyle Pace, and countless others.

I highly recommend Impact to any company seeking a fantastic partner capable of supporting just about any data/document related technology needs such as Managed IT, Business Process Optimization, Managed Print Solutions, Production Printing, as well as Design & Marketing. Also, anyone seeking a fantastic, highly rewarding, fun career… Impact is the only choice.

Cons

There are no Cons to consider.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Time To Apply"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say that in my career so far at Impact, I have never felt the type of support, love, and coaching anywhere else. I was the typical candidate who thought to themselves before getting hired after watching those videos is “so what is going to happen after the 6 month honey moon phase is over?” Well, I am very proud to say I have been here for 2 years and on-going and I STILL have never come to work saying “I can't wait to leave" or “ I don’t want to go to work”. Those words never have and never will come out of my mouth. When I started with Impact, I came on with no experience in the corporate world. I was terrified. I had a lot of doubts, not about the company, but myself. I was excited but scared of failure. When I asked my manager "why did you pick me?" She was able to tell me that my passion, heart and motivation for helping others and bringing people together isn't something that you see someone doing every day and weekend for the sake of doing so with no income provided. That type of candidate is the type we look for because those people truly are passionate about their job and helping the company grow. Impact doesn’t just hire anyone. People who have the skill, but no passion won’t make it here. Candidates have to be trainable, have heart as well as the motivation to succeed. I have truly been blessed by getting hired at Impact. I never thought I would ever get the chance to turn my passion I do on my spare time into a career as well. The best part? Impact has an amazing training team. All new employees take part in a training about Impact as a company so that your actual first day in your position is a little less overwhelming. I came in really excited because I was told about where they see Impact going and where my manager saw me going. It is so cool to see a few years later that what I was told, has actually turned into reality. I had a one-on one style training and my manager trained me from the ground up. From how to answer the phone, learning how to email properly, etc. She has and still makes sure I am fully confident about each step of training before giving me more responsibilities as well as doing weekly check ins. I love that. I love that I feel comfortable enough to say I want more responsibility, or I am struggling right now and my manager truly listens and hears me. If she needs to critique me on anything, she sits me down and walks me through step by step and helps me to understand. Not only her, but the entire company! I had to move a while back and being on my own, I was trying to figure out a way to not take off any time while also find people to help me move into my own place. Let me just say, I am still so beyond thankful for this, but the CEO reached out after he saw me asking others for help, told me not to worry, he is taking care of my move. He had his own warehouse employees show up at my house with 4 trucks ready to move me into my own apartment during their busy delivery schedule. That story alone goes without saying that Impact is not just a company to me, but my family. I am not just a number here, nobody is. Working at Impact for the past years has been eventful to say the least. I have had so many awesome days as well as days of struggling to get through due to my life. The fact that I am able to come to work knowing I have the support and appreciation, gives me the desire to work that much more for a company who cares about me not only as an employee, but as a person as well. I get told on a daily basis from managers their appreciation of the work I do and that means more to me than anyone can ever realize. What other company gives daily shout outs of employees to the entire company about their hard work as well as having emails from managers just giving thanks for dealing with their hectic schedules?! I must have over 100 of those emails that I put into a separate folder so if I am ever having an off day, I like to look back at them to remind myself that my work has and continues to pay off being an Impact employee. Nobody’s work goes un-noticed here I can promise you that. I could write an entire speech on what Impact has done for me, but I am sure that this is already a lot for a review. All in all, this company has truly given me one of the biggest accomplishments in my life still to this day. I never would be where I am at in my life today without Impact. I have had to completely start life all over to where I wasn’t sure what to do anymore. Knowing that Impact and employees who work here have my back, is something that I would never be able to find at any other company. The amount of gratitude I have for Impact is beyond words. Your success here is also the success of Impact as a corporation. If you are looking for a company who sees you as a family member, helps you grow and excel to accomplish your dreams so you are able to do the same for Impact, and showers you with appreciation and awesome perks, it’s time to apply.

Cons

If you don't believe in the company. Our training team and managers can't train employees who don't believe in the company or their job. The type of employees who are just at the office for a paycheck, are the type of employees who won't be a fit for Impact. All of us at Impact are a team. If you aren't wanting to show off where you work or just want to come to work get paid and leave, this corporation probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

You all are amazing. Nobody is perfect and we all have our off days but the best advice would be keep coaching. Keep training and checking in. Employee feedback is important but so is managements. I look up to my manager so much and i'm sure your feedback means the world to your teams as well.

"Land of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people - on the sales side, one of the best groups
    Great product - industry leading, this is the future of managed services, look for them to be #1 shortly
    Great commissions - I'll be honest, the salary is very low compared to similar jobs, and you will work for your money here, but seeing people get $15k+ commissions is normal
    Work hard, play hard
    Management is easily accessible, very honest, paints the vision

Cons

Sales typically does.t have a good work life balance, but this is probably the worst balance I've seen
    Some sales are quick, but this is definitely a longer cycle

Dec 3, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your review. Culture is important to us, and we're happy to hear that you see value in the people here at Impact!

To address your concerns, Impact offers a competitive base salary with... More

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with on a daily basis are some of the smartest and best people to be around. They know how to push you and lead you so that you will be successful. Impact truly wants the best for all of their employees from the janitor all the way up to the C Level. In my few months with Impact I felt like family and everything I did was appreciated. Impact will give you all the tools you need to be successful like training every Friday afternoon to keep their reps current with Industry trends.

Cons

This is a very intense fast-paced job that requires 60+ hours a week in order for you to feel "caught up" with everything on your to do list. While it is not required to work before 8 or after 5, the only way to stay on top of your job is to consistently come in early and stay late. This was what ultimately ended my time at Impact.

Advice to Management

Give Account Managers an hour during 8-5 for them to complete some of their low payoff activities and reduce the need to consistently work 12+ hours a day. Wish you all the best of luck!

Nov 29, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the culture at Impact as well as the sales training provided to all reps. We'll definitely take your advice into consideration... More

"Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast paced environment, adapting new offerings, ever expanding geographical locations.

Cons

Work/ life balance, upper management pushes a 30-day cycle even as offerings become more complex, homogeneous group of account managers, micro-management, inadequate training on Impacts services leads to specialists having to be involved in almost all aspects of sale cycles.

Advice to Management

You have a large client base, yet building lasting relationships with them is challenging as getting new business trumps taking care of current clients. This leads to underutilizing a vast amount of potential referrals. Sending people in the field all day is becoming an antiquated way to attract new customers. Consider marketing your IT offerings online so that potential customers seek out your offerings instead of relying on account managers to attract new business.

Nov 26, 2018 – Online Marketing

Thanks for your review. To address some of your concerns, it is not required that sales employees work more than 40 hours per week, but the most successful sales reps often do put in extra hours to... More

"Great company, Tough job"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impact Networking is without a doubt an amazing company. They care about their employees and are definitely willing to invest in those who are willing to put in the work. Most of the people that work at Impact are fairly young so it is a very fun environment. The benefits are pretty great. Along with health, dental, and vision Impact provides a company car, laptop, and great company trips when goals are met. The work is never the same from one day to another, and it is awesome meeting business owners on a daily basis and hearing about what they do. What Impact sells is incredibly easy to become passionate about. It is truly amazing what they have done for their clients. Management is awesome. The C suite executives are available and very willing to talk to anyone who needs anything. The same can be said of direct managers. 90% of managers were reps before they went into management so they completely understand the challenges and can help provide guidance on how to get through it. Overall, a fantastic company to work for.

Cons

All of the positives aside, Impact is by no means perfect. Like any office, there is a lot of gossip and drama that happens with people. It is pretty easy to stay out of it as a lot of it happens within cliques, but it is still annoying to hear about. Very much like high school behavior.

In addition, the work-life balance is garbage, at least for the first year. I haven't been there long enough to see if it really does get better after the first year or so, but I hope so. The job's formal hours are 8-5, but it is pretty much expected you are there 7:45-5:30 at the very minimum. And outside of those hours, there is a lot that goes into a successful week. Tons of data entry and research. On average during the week I probably have about 1-2 hours of free time when I get home. That is by far the worst part of the job.

Impact does provide a company car but does not pay for tolls which seems odd. They definitely end up paying more for gas in the long run because reps will take the long way to avoid tollways.

The turnover rate is huge. To be fair, I think this is just the nature of sales jobs and not necessarily Impact's fault, but it can be pretty disheartening to see so many people leaving so often.

Definitely a boys club. Very similar to a fraternity environment. All the guys are very nice and generally respectful, but I have heard some pretty disgusting things said about women in my office. Even if it isn't about anyone who is around it is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

The lack of work-life balance has to be the #1 reason for the high turnover rate. I think providing an hour a day to allow reps to get some of the "non-productive" activities done would be extremely helpful. There would still be some outside work that had to happen, but would definitely ease the burden.

Pay for tolls. I'm driving an extra hour every day at LEAST to avoid tolls because I don't want to pay for them.

Increase efforts to promote diversity in the office.

Nov 26, 2018 – Online Marketing

Update: After speaking with the team, Impact has decided to provide toll passes for all company cars. Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Thanks for your feedback. We’re happy to hear that... More

9. "Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, Collaborative, Flexible, and Recognition of achievements is great

Cons

You get what you put into it, I do work long hours but I get compensated for that.

"Hardest but most rewarding job I've had"

I have been working at Impact Networking full-time

Pros

Impact is the hardest place I have ever worked, bar non. I am in senior sales/management here, and the level of responsibility and expectations exceeds any pressure I have ever felt. You must be outstanding at what you do to succeed here. You must have exceptional work ethic. You must be willing to be challenged and pushed by your managers. You must have unparalleled organizational skills and time management. You must be willing to make personal sacrifices for this job. You must be willing to be pushed outside your comfort zone to do things and sell in ways that you never thought you would be capable of doing.

The best way I can describe this is equating it to a diamond being formed. You will feel intense pressure, almost to the point where you're unsure if you are able to sustain it. BUT. What you end up being after that process is the most amazing professional you imagined you could be.

I have grown more at Impact in 2 years than the 8 years prior combined to joining here. I make two or three times as much as people my age who are doing well. I am rewarded in bonuses and trips beyond what I could imagine. The ability to be promoted to leadership quickly if you earn it is wonderful. I am surrounded by peers, colleagues, support, executives, and clients who are exceptional human being and challenge me to grow every single day.

And NO, I was not solicited to write this review. This is completely of my own accord and my honest opinion of working at Impact Networking.

Cons

These are only downsides if you aren't willing to work hard and can't handle sales:

If you are in sales, you're going to work a LOT. Like, a lot a lot. I work close to 80 hours a week. But the rewards are worth it for me now. I am not required to work 80 hours a week - most people need to work about 60 hours a week in order to do their jobs successfully.

If you are prone to stress, this is not the job for you. You feel the weight of your world when in sales here. You are hounded by your managers and their managers, and that's just the reality of why people are successful here: the bar is extremely high. Even if you achieve it, your bar gets raised. There is no complacency here. If you cannot handle pressure, do not work here.

Advice to Management

I would love to see a concerted effort/programs surround diversity and female leadership at Impact. If you look at any all-company photo, the VAST majority are Caucasian people, and only about 4 females in leadership positions out of about 40. I fully believe Impact embraces diversity, but I wish that they would put more effort directly towards expanding their diversity, recruiting for multi-cultural individuals, and propelling females into leadership programs at Impact.