Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.8

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Berkeley, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a professor. It was very informal. I suspect I was already chosen before the interview since most of the questions were regarding how easily I could move to London. I new my future supervisor before the interview, so the purpose of the interview seemed to be more of a formality. In fact, I remember the interviewer mentioning his department issued checklist very explicitly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I visited Imperial college in person. The professor who hired me took me to lunch and made Imperial appear to be an attractive place to work (which is not hard, it is a good place). Very casual. My pay was not negotiable. It was really just a matter of acceptance or rejection of his/her offer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very easy. I had one Skype interview with 2 faculty and made a 10 minute presentation relating to the research idea. This was followed by 20 minutes of questions about the post, my previous experience, publications and questions about my resume.

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London in August 2011.

Interview

this consist of a phone interview with the company. It took 1 hour. Competency questions were asked and the CV was used to ask most of the questions. It was a one-on-one interview.

Junior Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

It was great and organised. I had 2 interviews, informal and formal.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently and what do u expect from ur line manager   1 Answer

Junior Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Imperial College London in March 2015.

Interview

Emailed professors at Imperial regarding internship although some opportunities are also presented online. Professor emailed back mentioning that there may be an opportunity over the summer and asked me down for an interview. Interview was nothing serious, just a general chat about my interest in the area and the level of my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• why imperial? Examples of projects that I've worked on? level of technical skill?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Had 1 short 10min test on the computer to apply scalings to student marks. Then had 45 min face to face interview with 2 people. Asked a range of competancy based interviewws and motivational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this role.
      Give an example of team working.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation leewaay. They offer you the lowest band of starting salary. They asked to start asap but usually within 4 weeks notice.

Medical Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very supportive process, asked common questions, no curve balls. Included resume walkthrough, motivational questions (particularly regarding previous work experience and commitment to the medical profession) and an ethical dilemma. Feedback was given within 4 weeks. No preparation required.

Interview Questions

• How should doctors tackle the problem of obesity on a national level?   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1st Round: Two interviewers focusing on your academic and professional experiences respectively, as well as your career aspirations. Very friendly and engaged interviewers, but the actual challenges are integrated into the seemingly casual dialogues. Must try to demonstrate your highest level of intellectual aptitudes and positive personality in order to impress the interviewers.
    2nd Round: In-depth technical interview on your niche expertise and growth potential. It's better to prepare the pitch and Q&A well ahead of the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision your career to be like in 3 years time?   Answer Question