Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very easy. I had one Skype interview with 2 faculty and made a 10 minute presentation relating to the research idea. This was followed by 20 minutes of questions about the post, my previous experience, publications and questions about my resume.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Berkeley, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a professor. It was very informal. I suspect I was already chosen before the interview since most of the questions were regarding how easily I could move to London. I new my future supervisor before the interview, so the purpose of the interview seemed to be more of a formality. In fact, I remember the interviewer mentioning his department issued checklist very explicitly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I visited Imperial college in person. The professor who hired me took me to lunch and made Imperial appear to be an attractive place to work (which is not hard, it is a good place). Very casual. My pay was not negotiable. It was really just a matter of acceptance or rejection of his/her offer.

Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Paddington, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of two academics from the centre. It was held in a quite daunting room, very large with an oversized table and big windows behind them so it was uncomfortably bright. They asked questions and would 'jump' on keywords, cutting off the answer I was given. It was an overall average experience, the nicest person was the HR lady who actually shared a pleasant conversation with me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle blunt academics?   Answer Question
    • How do you convey the meaning of a report to someone that clearly hasn't read it?   Answer Question

Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Completed a long application form. The whole process was quick, less than 2 weeks. They were 3 people on the interview panel, they were polite but very distant.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?
      Tell us about when you made a mistake?
      How do you keep data protected? Do you know what data protection means?
      Were you involved in events organisation? If yes, what did you do?
      How do you collect financial information?   Answer Question

Student Hub Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a simple panel interview with situational interview questions. However, they were 40 minutes late. One of the interviewees was incredibly rude. She was completely disengaged, she kept sighing and plucking at her top through the whole interview.

Postgraduate Student Interview

Interview

Quite simple. Going through the application form, few questions like the background knowledge of the programme applying, why you wanna do this, future planning after graduation... They want see you as a strategic person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about (one of the module in the program).   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straightforward and smooth application and hiring process. Received letter invitation for interview, interviewed by two academics at the university in person and received quick reply via telephone. Interview consisted of both general background questions as well as questions specific to the research project.

Corporate Partnerships Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Kensington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imperial College London (South Kensington, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. I was asked to present a 5 minute overview of potential opportunities for research collaboration within a relevant industrial sector of my choice.