InMoment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.9

Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at InMoment (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first called over the phone and asked a few generic questions. I then came in and interviewed with several people that I would be working with if I started. They were just as concerned about my personality as they were my skills and abilities to do the job. I was introduced to several people that I would possibly work with as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work experience and what you could do for InMoment   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InMoment (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview
    Three 1:1 interviews
    Presentation with six people

I felt like the first interview was really nice. It was with three different Directors. Very relaxed and I was a little hesitant because of all the reviews I read online about it being the "good ole boys club". I was hesitant to interview at this company because of the reviews in this specific group. The second interview was presenting to a group with the six people. I could feel this negative energy and the group of five men and one woman who was the recruiter. They were very closed off and I felt as if they really didn't want to be in this room listening to the interview. I could tell this was the good ole' boys club. The recruiter looked at a Director the whole time which made me nervous, as I was presenting another Director starred at his phone, I thought he was bored but he was reviewing my LinkedIn profile. This specific Director then asked me questions about my career and about my education and said "I have never heard of this school". I found this to be very unprofessional about the schooling. I would have also thought that many of them would have reviewed my resume prior to joining this second interview which wasn't the case. The second interview where you present had little to no direction and I did the best I had with the information given. Another Director asked me how I came up with the presentation and I told them I had created it and I felt passionate about customer service. I felt like the expectations were a little unrealistic with the little to no direction. I knew at that time I didn't want to work in a group that had this vibe. I walked out of the interview thinking I wasted my time and money because I printed materials off and worked for three hours on a presentation. I should have gone with my initial gut feeling and not interviewed with this company. I was relieved to know that I didn't get an offer. I now have a new job and we use inMoment and it has changed the way I view this company.

Interview Questions

• This was the direction I was given for the presentation:
      You doing a presentation for the team as though they are your newest client and you are their new CSM. You would talk about your role as a CSM and how you will be working with their company. It will be about 15-20 minutes and then time for questions after.
      1 Answer

InMoment Response

Nov 1, 2016

Thank you for your feedback about InMoment’s interview process. We appreciate all of the time you invested in putting together your presentation and interviewing with us. We are committed to ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InMoment (Murray, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a 30 minute phone interview followed by a on-site interview with two developers. Pretty straight forward with design and coding problems. Asked about experiences with other development technologies.

Interview Questions

• Using any coding language of choice to solve the fizz-buzz code challenge.   Answer Question

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InMoment (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application, consisting of a cover letter and resume, via the simple BambooHR portal. I received email from my would-be supervisor, and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked to supply some samples of my work, and was brought in the following day to meet with my would-be supervisor, but mainly to meet with the department head. Within a day or two I was asked to send references, and a couple days later I received a formal offer. I was pleased with how quickly the process went, no waiting around, very straightforward and transparent from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• How will you get up to speed on B2B tech and customer experience optimization?   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InMoment (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially was supposed to do a Skype with hiring manager from the region I'd be working in. The time for interview came and went and the hiring manager went MIA and faied to alert me "something else" came up. So when we rescheduled ended up taking with his boss or the EVP Sales. Went well that one and he recommended me to take the Opus test and then speak with another hiring manager from the west coast. As well as speak with Opus themselves since they review and give you analysis of your strengths and weakness etc. Those 2 rounds went well.

Next step was to speak with the west coast hiring manager and that interview had some hiccups arranging due to cell area coverage, Finally spoke with this manager and he seemed to had completely failed to review my resume from beforehand and asking me questions which were clearly spelled out on my resume and from which we could have spring boarded from. Esp items that were very highlighted under Key Achievements in my tenure at each position.

The interview process is a 2-way street. Not only as a candidate do I have to prepare but the company itself as well. Anyway today I got the response that the company wants candidates with $500K and above W-2s A LOT OF RUBBISH!

Just like the hiring manager failed to review my resume similarly this company fails to give honest answers to simple questions.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InMoment (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth and quickly. I started with an interview with HR, followed by a face to face with two of the directors, and my third interview was a presentation style in front of HR, several directors, and a VP.

I appreciated the styles of the interviews. The interview with HR was what you would expect, your typical "tell me about a time" questions.

The second interview with the two directors was more conversational. I met with each of them individually and it was a conversation about who I am, what I have done, and an overview of my work history. I really liked the overall feeling and that I didn't feel that I was being interigated.

The last one was a presentation. I was given a topic to create a presentation on and present. My turn around time was quick due to schedules but it went very well. After the presentation I stayed in the room for 30-40 minutes and was asked questions from everyone who was present. The questions varied from questions about the presentation, to work history, and general questions related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Present on what the Customer Success Manager position is and how you would explain your role to a potential client.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at InMoment.

Interview

Began the interview process with three phone interviews which led to an onsite interview at the corporate office in Salt Lake City where I had several 1-on-1 interviews. I also took a leadership profile assessment as part of the interview process.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InMoment (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

After 3 phone interviews (recruiter, HR, VP,) and two in person (the first leading to a practical, the second explaining the practical) ... I spent 15+ hours of my time making sure this was a good fit for me/them. And, I thought it was.

I was led along for 3 weeks during all of this. My last interview I was left with, "You're our first choice. You're not planning on accepting any other opportunities are you? We'll be in touch with you on Monday." And unfortunately, I listened.

I turned down other job offers for this position (bad idea, I know.) 3 days after the supposed Monday of what I thought to be an offer, I finally received a phone call stating, "We're going in a different direction." That was it. No explanation.

I feel that my time was not valued. The people within the department seemed to be lovely, but I sincerely question upper management and their processes given my poor experience.

Interview Questions

• "You're not planning on accepting any other opportunities are you?"   1 Answer

InMoment Response

May 9, 2016 – VP, HR

Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize that our interview process and communications caused issues for you. We truly value our potential employees’ time and understand that they are ... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InMoment (Murray, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty seamless. I was able to meet with the hiring manager, and upper management and get a well rounded view of the whole company. I was able to engage in conversation and find out if it was a good fit for both sides.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience to see if I would bring some new ideas to the table.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InMoment (Murray, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview process. I was able to meet with multiple members on the team and other employees that I would be working closely with. It was nice to get a well rounded view of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle different HR situations   Answer Question