InMoment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
InMoment Chief Executive Officer Andrew Joiner
Andrew Joiner

Pros
  • Great culture with excellent work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Great culture, great people, fun work environment, lots of learning opportunities (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The building isn't the best, but the new building will be done this summer/fall (in 7 reviews)

• Communication between departments could be a little better (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hop on the bandwagon!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost InMoment's product offering is amazing and truly sets the company apart from the perceived competition. The company culture is great and something we all take pride in. InMoment is in a very strong position as the Customer Intelligence space grows! We are a leader and an innovator and our CX Platform proves it.

Cons

The building isn't the best, but the new building will be done this summer/fall!

Advice to Management

Employees are the lifeblood of the company do what you can to keep them happy and they will go to work for you each and every day!

2. "First Class"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the team I work with and the energy and positive vibe I get every day.

Cons

Also keep the team informed.

3. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, culture, culture!! InMoment has the best culture, hands down, of any company I have worked for.

Cons

They have been around a long time so they have some legacy apps they are slowly replacing.

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Text Analytics Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Text Analytics Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. You also get to work with awesome companies from all over the world. The pay is competitive and the benefits are good as well. Fun company culture.

Cons

I cant think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue looking inward for leadership.

6. "Sr. Technical Success Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible with family time. I was just approached by 3 other companies and although they offered more money, they couldn't touch my flexibility.

Cons

Room to advanced has been limited, but with the new CEO's policy, I am hoping that will change.

Advice to Management

Look closer at the talent you have inside your company to fill management positions.

"Overall Positive, but Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've had an overall positive experience at InMoment: team is collaborative, upper management is transparent, company vision is ever-changing but communicated to staff at regular and ad hoc meetings. I am empowered to do my job without too much intervention, but also receive support when needed. Good vibe, generally happy, engaged workforce. Seems to be ample opportunity for internal advancement. Company-wide activities such as movie outings, Costco shopping sprees, and health fairs are fun perks.

Cons

The number one negative is that the benefits package is severely lacking. The amount of combined PTO, especially when you're starting out, does not give you much flexibility for illness or other unexpected circumstances. The company stresses work/life balance, but the lack of PTO does not jibe. Many tech companies are moving toward unlimited PTO - which delivers the message that you trust your employees - and InMoment has chosen to take another route.

Insurance premiums are on the higher side (even with a high deductible plan) and the company's HSA match/contribution and 401k match are standard if not below average. There's no paid parental leave. No fitness/health reimbursement. No cellphone or home internet reimbursement. These little things would go a long way toward making employees feel like the company is really investing in them.

There seems to be a disconnect between the global offices - maybe some leftover processes and mentalities from the days before the merger.

Advice to Management

It's great being part of a high-growth tech company, but in order to recruit and retain the best and brightest talent, you need to invest in the things that help your company stand out. For most employees, that's pay, benefits, and culture. I think we do culture well, pay decently, and benefits not so well - nothing that is going to make a potential employee say "wow!" Think about what differentiates InMoment as a great place to work. Nobody wants decent pay or standard benefits - a cutting-edge company should offer cutting-edge benefits.

8. "Great Company-Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like working for InMoment. Love the people, the products and the Leadership. They are doing a good job at staying ahead of the competition from a product standpoint.

Cons

I haven't seen a lot they need to work on. The team we have is good, there have been changes but good changes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Keep hiring good talent, and creating a great environment. Lots of Love from the MTRAIN

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Success Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Coworkers, very supportive management, great work/life balance, and rewarding work.

Cons

I have none at this time.

"Be very careful"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Murray, UT

I worked at InMoment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

John Sperry likes to have fun, but it's deceiving. Costco snacks were nice.

Cons

It happened to me and two other sales reps. They pushed us for 30-, 60- or 60-day client contracts, then once I had some big companies on the contracts, they let me go, so they wouldn't have to pay commissions. They owed me approx $35k. Base salaries are very low.

Advice to Management

Be honest and truly take care of your employees.

InMoment Response

Jan 26, 2017

John does love to have fun, and he makes sure all employees know it. He loves to go out and play ultimate frisbee with the team and get to know the front lines on an individual basis. With each of ... More

11. "Director, Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time

Pros

Collaborative work environment, Access to Executive team is better than any company I have ever worked for. Upward mobility, great 401k matching. The Costco shopping spree every December is great for holiday shopping, and it is nice to have full office shut down for holidays without having to use PTO. New building looks like it will be awesome!

Cons

Current office building is old (although it is being fixed). Not as much collaboration between home and remote offices as there needs to be.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in product.