InMoment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
InMoment Chief Executive Officer Andrew Joiner
Andrew Joiner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture with excellent work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• People are very friendly and it is a supportive work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The building isn't the best, but the new building will be done this summer/fall (in 10 reviews)

• There is a problem with communication between departments; the SLC office is out of date, but they will be moving locations in 2017 (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Text Analytics Developer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Text Analytics Developer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to do your job, but have the guidance and support of management to ensure success. I get to work with cutting edge technology and lead in my industry - it's pretty awesome!

Cons

In the past there has been some deadlock in product and our offering became a little stale. It's been turning around recently, but the pressure to perform is definitely present.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing new product. We need to keep moving forward with new technology to satisfy our clients. It would be great if Senior Leadership cared about the employees and not just the numbers.

"Difficult situations handled poorly"

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the culture of the common employees. They work well together and want to help. No jerks. Just great people overall. Great work/ life balance and pretty good benefits and average pay for the industry.
    New building is great. Cool technology. It is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience. Overall, a great culture from the common employees. Leading the CX industry, good to be a part of it.

Cons

Where the culture is headed and how the management handles tough things.
    We have always done a Costco party in December and the company gives a $500 gift card to use. It has been great. This year, they sent out an invite for it but then took it back. We understand that finances may not allow it this year (or ever again), but how they handled it was really poor. They had a low level HR employee email the company after hours on a Friday evening to tell the employees that there would be no Costco party and instead, there would be a "fun" family movie night. They pretended like this was great news, meanwhile employees were messaging each other, furious. It made them seem completely out of touch. It is almost as bad as "Jelly of the Month club" they did on Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation- pretending a movie was something to be excited about, rather than $500 to Costco. And to send the message after hours on a Friday, not even from anyone in leadership. Very off-putting.
    Another incident where they communicated poorly was when they announced mid-year bonuses. They did a podcast to announce bonuses in July because we had a great 1st and 2nd quarter (best in company history), but then it came and was about $200. Again, it was disappointing, but how they handled it was insulting. They inflated our expectations big time (one employee said he could finally get a washer and dryer he wanted) and then let us down on the delivery. It is wearing on employees how these things are handled.
    This kind of stuff is getting to be more common. It never used to be this way. I don't know if it is HR or the new CEO, but it makes the upper management seem laughably out of touch.

Advice to Management

Own up to things- don't hide behind the lower level employees. Don't patronize us and try to advertise something as so awesome when you know we will be disappointed. You did this with the wellness program a couple years ago- got rid of it and then tried to pass Rally off as an equal alternative. All the employees ranted but you had no idea because you were pretending it was awesome. Don't send a phony email after hours on Friday. You look like you are trying to hide from your employees because you know we'll be upset. This is not the first time sub-optimal news has come after employees have gone home for the day/ weekend. And shouldn't an announcement like that come from the top, not from a lower level employee? Please make us feel more valued than that.
    We realize that as we grow, things will change. Though disappointing, we can handle it. But it is condescending and insulting to handle it in this way. Handle it with courage. Things like this have been a major turn off to employees in a lot of departments. Be real. We aren't going to be excited about bad news just because upper management pitches it with emojis, exclamation points and flowery adjectives like "fun".
    Acknowledge the disappointment and deliver it to us straight, the way the CFO delivered our financial results a year ago. He was upright with us about it.

3. "Optimistic"

I have been working at InMoment full-time

Pros

Inmoment is an innovative and fast-paced place to work. The vision of the new CEO is promising both for employment opportunities and customer product offerings. There is certainly a lot to do.

Cons

Product and development teams are great but understaffed. The fast-paced environment can take its toll on some teams just trying to keep up with growth.

Advice to Management

Grow the product and development teams fast and don't forget the services teams while getting up to speed

"Used to be Great"

I have been working at InMoment (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company had an amazing culture and the people here are cool - for the most part.

Cons

They are resting on their laurels and the culture has taken a nose dive these last couple years, ending with them cancelling the costco event they did every year after advertising it all year to potential and new hires.

Advice to Management

It is all about money but you need to make people buy into the business for them to make you (and themselves) money. Stop talking about how great the business while not taking care of your employees. Morale is very low and needs a jolt from the flatline

"Great culture, great company, a few concerns."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time

Pros

The culture here is fun, the people I work with are excellent, and I feel like I'm able to have a direct impact on the success of the company. We're about to move into a new building that seems like it'll be pretty great. I believe in the product, so it's much easier to feel passionate about the work. The PTO policy is good and the company does a good job at encouraging work-life balance. I enjoy my time at work and I'm proud to tell people where I'm employed.

Cons

-Very little interaction with executives, especially for a relatively small company. While I'm confident they are doing good things for the company, I'm not getting much of a "leadership" vibe from them.
    -I'm starting to have a few concerns about the company's willingness to invest in us as employees. The new building is going to be great, but the company recently removed all phones and moved everyone to a "softphone", which uses our laptops and internet connection. However, they didn't provide headsets or anything and expect us to provide our own equipment in order to take phone calls, which is bizarre and makes me wonder if the company is struggling more than we know.
    -The benefits could definitely use some improvements (quicker 401k vesting, anyone? Maybe more medical coverage options?).

Advice to Management

Lead the people who work here, don't just manage the revenue. Make yourself known, and make sure your employees know that you want them to succeed and are willing to do what is necessary to make that happen.

"Dont be fooled by old reviews"

I worked at InMoment full-time

Pros

Location and a majority of the lower level employees are cool.

Cons

Culture is only good if you like the people you work with, not company sponsored. I hear about how it used to fun to work here but the company is under new management and that's not a good thing. Butt kissing the management is rampant and they give promotions to the least deserving people.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about how much money you make unless you plan to trickle some of those gains to none share holding employees. Don't promote people because you think they are your friend (hint: they aren't).

7. "Great laid back environment!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great work environment with some really fun and smart people.
    - Interesting work
    - Management is open to talking with you, even on your first day.
    - Loyal employees who seem really engaged in their work.
    - Fun and laid back environment. It really encourages you to be your best self.

Cons

The company is growing so fast, every department is suffering from some growing pains.
    Benefits package could improve to be more competitive with the market.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees on ways to improve! You're doing a great job.

8. "Associate Technical Success Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Success Manager in Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Success Manager in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are phenomenal. Everyone has been so welcoming and making sure that everyone feels that they can contribute. Couldn’t have come to a better place, in my opinion. The interview process was good as well, everything was laid out perfectly.

Cons

I can’t think of any at this time. If I had to choose any it would be to add additional options for benefits but the benefits are good.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of!

9. "AMAZING place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Murray, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Murray, UT

I have been working at InMoment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are absolutely amazing. I came from a job that treated me like a number but here I am treated like a human being. I am valued as an employee and a person. There are so many things great about working at Inmoment but let me name just a few.

-They match on 401k
    -They also match on HSA
    -Good benifits
    -You start earning PTO from day 1
    -They have a program called you earned it where your peers/management can recognize your accomplishments and give you points to use on gift cards or items.

These are just a few of the many great things that this company does.

Cons

I have not ran into any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Great people but not following through on promises"

I have been working at InMoment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will not find a company with better people to work for and with. The culture they have created is the best I have yet to experience. The company appears to be headed in a great direction under Andrew Joiner.

Cons

They have been talking this whole year about how internal hires are going up but that has only been seen at the management level. Besides me, I know several others that have been constantly passed up for positions that we have all been qualified for yet they always choose to hire externally. Our new CEO has expressed that he first looks internal for hires before looking outward, but that is yet to be seen, management might look at this and think that there have been internal hires but I have only seen this for management positions.

Advice to Management

We need to fix this we need to be looking internal more for entry and mid-level positions. This is where we are lacking as a company.