Independence Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.4

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with different managers as well as the department director. Everyone was very straightforward in answering any questions I had and asked questions ranging from my interests to why I applied to the position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straight to the point and simple. I was questioned by two different managers and both interviewed me as though we were just having a conversation rather than it being very business professional. Nothing to hard. Asked basic questions and talked about the company and the roles and duties I will have for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this project, (name of Project listed on resume)?   1 Answer

Cbs Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I was interviewed separately by two people, only speaking with each of them for around 10-15 minutes. They asked about my technical experience and background and how I would do in the position given my experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe any technical experience you had in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online , got a phone call the next day, we talked about a few things and I was asked if i could come in to take an audio assessment test,
    After taking the test i was advised I would have results by the end of the week, well I received an email 2 hours later letting me know I passed, and I'm able to move on to the next step which was an interview. There were a few other canadiates there as well about 7 others. We were all interviewed by 2 people, the interview went very smoothly, The managers were very nice and welcoming .. After the interview they advised me I would hear back from them by the end of the week. Well the next day I recieved a call, I was told I had a positive interview report and the extended me an offer.
    NEXT STEP : DRUG SCREEN/ BACKROUND CHECK.

Interview Questions

• what was the reason you left your old job ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Na

Entry Level Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter asking if I was interested in the position. Afterwards, I was sent 3 assessments on my background in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and then asked to get 2 references. A few days later, the recruiter emailed me back asking if I could come into Philadelphia the next morning for an interview. I was blindsided by how soon it was after being notified of the date, and said would look to schedule it for the next week instead so I'd have time to prepare myself. The recruiter insisted I go since they were doing interviews all on that day and someone could take the job before I'd have the chance to interview the next week, so I reluctantly accepted the interview for tomorrow morning.

The interview itself wasn't that bad. 30 minutes, 2 managers interviewed me in their office and asked me a few questions about my resume and some general knowledge about front-end development and languages. They were friendly and I didn't feel pressured at all during the interview. I was told I'd get the results a few hours after the interview, and I got a phone call from the recruiter about 3 hours later saying they didn't think I had enough technical skill for the job.

Business Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Consisted of one in person interview. Lasted around 30 minutes. You meet with the manager and have a pretty informal conversation where they describe the job and ask you about yourself, where you give a background of what you have done. It is very wise to have questions to ask. Some I asked included why the manager liked working there, what were the biggest challenges the role faced, and why the job is interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why choose the Healthcare Industry?   Answer Question
    • What is your prior experience and how will it relate to the job?   Answer Question
    • Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question
    • What type of team and environment are you used to working in?   Answer Question
    • Are you capable of working on your own without much supervision? (Basically opposite of micromanagement)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Apply online, contacted via phone agree to meet interview by one person or up to a panel giving a call letting you know if you got the job or not. Once done to go to orientation with a bunch of other people get some packets benefits are explained start training for about 3 months hop on the phone given time and make mistakes thrown to the wolves critiqued and punished for things you don't know

Appeal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people (3 at once- possible immediate supervisor). Who does not get nervous?? Imagine 3 people stating at you and asking questions to intimidate you. One of them were extremely rude. The other 2 (recruiter and dept manager ) made me believe the job was mine. But they never called back. Sent an email to recruiter that never replied. I call her 2 days later after email sent i never answer the phone neither reply voice mail. I like the company and might apply again for different position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very easy and laid back. The interviewer basically explained the program and only asked for a little background. I had very little questions because they explained everything very thoroughly.

Mr Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Independence Blue Cross.

Interview

phone interview, in person, overall a positive experience. Be sure to come prepared with questions and know your resume. The phone interview was very relaxed but do research on the company beforehand