Independence University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Independence University Interview Questions

Interviews at Independence University

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independence University.

Interview

Was called for an initial screening to go over job description and if I was okay with the pay and hours. Then had a group interview on Zoom with 4-5 managers and 6-7 candidates. The negative part of my experience was that there were internal candidates in the group interview. One of the managers often skipped them for certain questions, or asked them questions that were different than the ones the rest of us received. It was pretty clear in the first 5 minutes that the team was going to move forward with the internal interviewees. Disappointing but an otherwise easy interview. Ultimately received the usual rejection email a week later.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independence University (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2019.

Interview

The same day I applied a recruiter called me to have an initial chat, and find out if the group interview date/time would work for me. I was also required to do a home internet speed test (since this is fully remote) and submit references & an essay about why I would make a good Career Advisor. The first interview was on Zoom with 4 interviewers & 5 other candidates. They call on you for each question, so you're not in competition to get your answer in. This interview was fairly easy- just a get to know you kind of thing. The second interview was also on Zoom with the Director and 5 other interviewers (all Assistant Directors), and I was the only candidate. They first ask you questions, then you do a role play with one of the interviewers (the role play is you calling an advisee, introducing yourself and doing a needs assessment). In setting up/preparing me for the 2nd interview, the recruiter basically told me all of the things I needed to say in the role play, which I did, but it was a bit awkward. The interview ended with the Director asking a few questions. Ultimately I was not offered this role, but I'm not sure if I would have accepted it if I were. This university is on probation with their accreditor- not a reason to bypass them all together, but certainly a red flag. I will say that throughout the process they were very informative and clear about the steps required in the process.

**All parts of interview were via Zoom... Glassdoor requires you to put a city where you interviewed (vs remote)

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Independence University (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied via employee referal online on the Workday websit. Received a call for a Group interview with other candidates and the supervisors. Then got called back for second one on one interview with supervisors.

Admissions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independence University.

Interview

A zoom interview with a panel of 5 or 6. This was after completing a long assessment test. There was a role play involved too. Most of the interviewers had no idea what was going on, very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• A lot of random questions involving experience and then some strange questions not pertaining to anything.   Answer Question

Admissions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Independence University (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was about a 3-step process and took months. It began with a short phone interview to basically establish my interest. From there we scheduled a group interview via Zoom. After that, I received a call back with a one on one interview with me and a few of the leaders and managers. The next day I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you walked out your back door and there was an elephant in your yard, what would you do?   Answer Question

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independence University (Pensacola, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

My 1st interview was a group interview with other candidates online through Zoom and the 2nd interview was a panel interview with role play online through Zoom. IU sent an email thanking me for my interest, but another candidate was chosen two or three days after the second interview, the email came in on a Friday; the following Monday, a recruiter called me to say they had a few more interviews and they are still trying to choose a candidate - please be patient. A week later, another recruiter called with a job offer, which I accepted. I was told that I would receive two emails, the first within 24-72 hours and if I didn't receive the message to call her, which I left a phone message and sent an email after 48 hours. The recruiter responded to my email by stating that she would look into it. The very next day, I received a voice message and an email that they were rescinding the offer "after thoughtful consideration, they decided to move forward with other candidates." I sent an email thanking the recruiter for letting me know and asked what I could have done differently, to which there was no reply. If they weren't sure who they wanted to fill the position, they shouldn't have told me that I was their first choice and they shouldn't have made an offer. Everyone in the interview was very nice, and I thought I was making a good decision to join this company, but this experience has led me, and other professionals I have shared this with, to consider Independence University to be very unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would be a good candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Independence University in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online. The first interview was with the Assistant Dean by phone. The second interview was with the Assistant Dean and one other person. The third interview was a 15-minute lesson present online via Zoom.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Adoa Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Independence University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

Behavior interviews / Very stressful / Only allowed 30 minutes and wasn't able to get into who you are and what you can bring to the table. Unfair as the interviews are made to oppress you to stay in your current role because they already know who they plan to hire.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you didn't take corrective criticism well? What is something negative someone has said about you and how did you handle it? When confronted with a policy or change that you didn't agree with or like how did you respond and were you able to successfully follow through with it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Independence University.

Interview

Phone call, in-person group, rejected, phone call for other location, phone interview via Zoom with Director of Admissions then Associate Director of Admissions. Acceptance letter sent by HR within the day.

Student Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Independence University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviews vary. Sometimes they can be group interviews or they may be one-on-one. It was a very long process as you wait for other groups or individuals to be interviewed, but once it is over, the wait is worth it. Whether an individual is hired or not, the responses for feedback are great.

Interview Questions

• I had several situational questions that asked "What would I do....?"   1 Answer