Independent Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Independent Capital Management Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.0

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management.

Interview

It is very straight forward process. You will have a group interview with company introduction. Then you will be taken to a small office individually. If you pass, you will receive a phone call for second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Issac did a great job explaining the company and the position, and Kevin also answered all of our questions and did mention the compensation options they had. However, I was not told that they only hire citizens and people with green card. I wish they would've put the info on the job requirement so we both don't have to waste our time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and was informed I was selected for an interview. To be fair I was told that the 1st 10 minutes would be a presentation about the company followed by an in person 1 on 1 interview. I arrived and sat in a conference room with about 10 other people. The facilitator proceeded to as us as a group "what we thought a career should be", write our responses on a white board, and then proceeded to explain what a financial advisor did, what a B/D was, etc. If they had paid attention to my resume they would've of seen that I had experience. I took 2hrs away from work for this interview that was nothing more than a roundup of whoever they could find. I politely excused myself during the presentation, told her it wasn't what I was looking for and left. On the way out of the room, in front of everyone, she said "He doesn't want to help people." Rude, unprofessional, and typical cattle call for anyone they can find. Obviously didn't pay any attention to my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of what a career should be   1 Answer

Financial Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management in June 2017.

Interview

Two days of interviews. The first day began with a group presentation then proceed into short individual interviews. (You are not informed prior that there will be a group portion the first day.) The group presentation was a little strange because the company provided material explaining how great the company was. That along with the presentation, it appeared to be selling us on it. It seemed like a good company. Although I had applied, I found it odd that the company had invited the room full of candidates through an online resume search.

In the individual portion, little time was spent on my qualifications. I was invited back for a second interview which would describe the pay structure and whether they thought I was a good fit. With asking the right questions, I felt like the staff was truthful. I was offered a second interview, but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Aside from helping people why else would this opportunity suit you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day through email to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of the interview, they held an orientation for all the candidates that were there, followed by a one-on-one interview where she mainly discussed the job details and asked if it was something I was interested in. Hours after my interview, they called me for a second interview the next day. Second interview was very straightforward, mostly talked about my experience and asked questions to see what type of person I am. Since income is based off commission, they're looking more for someone who's a people's person and is good with sales.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management.

Interview

They first introduce the company with you to grab your interests and they will take you for individual interview in the small office. After the first interview, they would call you for the second interview. If you can get the second interview, you are probably get the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management in April 2017.

Interview

First interview is a group interview where they talk about the company and then you are pull out to have an one on one interview. If you are selected then you will come back for a final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Two group orientation/interview days, partially educational for the prospective employee and partially for them to gauge each person's personality and potential fit. If you pay attention you can pretty easily tell what they want you to say, and if you're enthusiastic you can get an offer.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management (Newport Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Emailed asking for availability, asked for a phone call to schedule an interview. Afterwards, they notified me of their website and for me to look through it. They also asked whether or not I had more questions for the company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Independent Capital Management in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email and received a call within the first day. I wasn't informed it was going to be a group interview, so I was thrown a little off when I first got there. They had a presentation in why you should work for them, which I found a little odd. They did a good job at selling the company, which worried me because why are you selling the company? It's one thing to talk about the benefits in working with this specific company but it was honestly a sell. They talked about how it was referral based, so you would have to call people you know that you can sell their products too. After the group interview there was an individual interview, which were 2-3 questions. I was surprise in how little they asked about my qualifications(and myself), rather they just jumped right into "Who would be your first client?" It sounded to me like they're just trying to see who has rich friends whom they can sell their products too. I didn't like the feel of the entire thing. It honestly felt like a MLM company where they will be making money off you. Unless you have readily available a list of 250 people ready to call, I'm not sure how one would make it in this type of business. The people where nice and the office was nice as well so I'll give them that. Also, the original person called me again days after saying there was an interview the following week even though I already went to the interview. It seems to me that they just call a bunch of people back in hopes of finding people who will have a list of 250 people ready to call and sell their products too.