Industrious Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Industrious Interview Questions

Interviews at Industrious

3.2

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 2 days later from a recruiter. Had a 30 minute phone screening a few days after that.
    I had my first video interview a few days later with a community manager. The interview was supposed to last an hour, but ended up taking a little longer. There were a lot of situational questions and an "assignment" where I had 5 minutes to read and respond to an angry client email. I also had to give a sales pitch where I could choose what to sell. The interviewer was very friendly and I felt at ease.
    I was told that I would have a second video interview with a national launch manager. We had the interview about a week later and, again, it lasted a bit more than an hour. The questions pertained a bit more to sales and marketing instead of customer service. I had to role play a situation where I was selling the space to a client. The interviewer was also very friendly, if a bit rushed. At the end of the interview, I was told the next step would be to interview with a senior exec in the company.
    I wrote to thank all of the folks I interviewed with and was told that they would be in touch "very soon". That was the last I heard from anyone at Industrious.
    I was not surprised that I wasn't offered the position as I felt after the 2nd interview that it may not have been the best fit. However, for a company that prides itself on impeccable service (I think I heard the term "closing the loop" about a thousand times during my interviews) I was a bit disappointed in their lack of follow-up. It only takes a few minutes to send that rejection email.
    Overall, the entire experience left something to be desired. Another young company that has all these grand ideas, but overlooks the simplest details.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It's very extensive. You meet with at least 4-5 people at different management levels because we want only the best people. With a fast growing company like Industrious, the only way to maintain our current company culture is if we make sure we hire only the best.

Interview Questions

• What could Industrious do better that they aren't doing now.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Five interviews, all using Hangout. Each member was on time and it was a very detailed process. My process went quickly due to need to hire, but I was moved along and always told what would be coming in the next step. The interviewers were very nice, but definitely posed some thought provoking questions to ensure I was right for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

I initially applied for the role and the recruiter emailed me to set up a call- I responded that I wasn't available the times she suggested, and asked if we could talk the following day. She did not respond to me for about 3 weeks, then got in touch again asking for a phone call.

Lengthy process- 5 total interviews. First with recruiter over the phone, then 2: Community Manager, 3: Launcher, 4: National Launch Manager, 5: COO. Usually, interviews 2-5 occur over video. Interview process was very quick. Interviews 1-3 were three days in a row, and 4-5 were the following week. The entire process once I began interviewing was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current/previous job?

How do you prioritize/multitask?

Situational question: how would you respond to this particular client scenario.

Who would you first contact in your city to begin marketing/outreach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Industrious (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview itself went well. It was the information I learned during the interview that was concerning. To me it just seemed like they combined 4 different jobs into one, rather than building a team of people for each job function. I was glad they were honest about the hours being 55-60 a week, but it shouldn’t have to be that way. If they hired a full team to work together towards the same goal and success of the brand then 1) your employees wouldn’t be overworked and 2) each employee can focus on their specific job function (either sales, marketing, operations OR events) and not all combined. It just came off like they are being cheap - especially when other co-working spaces higher for each job function and pay adequately. I couldn’t justify working 10-15 additional hours a week for merely the same amount of money as my current job. I understand if some work weeks need to be longer than others, but to have 55+ as standard does not support a balance of life.

If they restructured their positions then it would be more desirable. I also didn’t like that they intentionally target 35+ for a more mature member. If someone wants to join as a member they should have the opportunity to feel welcomed, especially if they appreciate the vibe and working space.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Industrious?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your current role and how it can apply to the success of Community Manager?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by video interviews with a current community manager, area manager, and regional manager. The recruiter was very helpful and communicative. Initially, the process moved quickly with three consecutive days of interviews. The first three interviewers were friendly, asked challenging questions, and listened intently. However, the final interview with the regional manager left a lot to be desired. His questions didn't really address the job responsibilities and in several instances, he asked me the same question twice which left me wondering whether he was actually listening or if perhaps he wasn't satisfied with my answer. Additionally, (and this is more of a personality thing) he mentioned coming from the "start-up world" and dropping the word start-up ad nasuem to the point that I was like, "Dude. I get it." I left the conversation with the impression that they had already made their decision about the role and were just saving face with another interview. On the same day I had decided that it probably wasn't the right fit for me I received a phone call from the hiring manager informing me that they were moving forward with other candidates. The hiring manager calling me was a highlight of the process it demonstrated to me that she cared about creating a positive experience regardless of the decision.

Interview Questions

• Give an elevator pitch about Industrious   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where you had to balance competing demands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone call with the recruiting manager, three video interviews with someone in the current role, regional manager, launch manager. It was one of the longer interview processes that I've been through, but it shows that they value how they hire and who they hire. It also gave me the opportunity to dig deeper into the role to have a clear and full understanding of the company, its values and the role.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Industrious.

Interview

The interview process was intense but very thorough. It was great to be able to get to know team members at different levels in the company, and seeing how consistently they described the culture. Everyone was very friendly and clearly communicated the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (customer service or supervisory situation)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Industrious (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews which was excessive. The first was just a phone call to discuss the position, the second was a video call with a lot of example questions. These two were very nice and the interviewers were very considerate. The third interview was in person. This was also an easy interview, but I could tell the interviewer did not like me as much as the previous two. I felt like I was strung along for three months(very long process). They stated they didn't need someone with a professional background, but I was declined because of my lack of experience.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Industrious (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online to be an OA at their new offices in Salt Lake City and they contacted me a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The next day they scheduled me to do a second video interview over Google Hangouts about a week later. I really appreciated how prompt they were during the whole process. The questions for the first interview were very conversational and both people who interviewed me were very nice. The second interview was much more difficult. You can tell they only hire the absolute best, like near-perfect candidates. No pressure, right. In my opinion, most of the questions they asked weren't really customer care/hospitality related, which is what Industrious really prides themselves in. If I were to go on to the next interview it would have been an in-person meet up with the national launcher of the company. The let me know the next day after the video interview that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would my skills contribute to the role having heard the description of the position?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to persuade someone on something when you knew you were in the right.   Answer Question
    • Scenario: Let's say a member of Industrious gets their laptop stolen from their office. The interviewer was the member and the interviewee was the OA. How would you respond to this frustrated member coming to you about the problem.   Answer Question
    • Multi-tasking scenario: There is a member who got locked out of their office, a member who wants the coffee pot refilled, someone who wants a tour, and a time sensitive email that needs to be answered in the next ten minutes. How would you multi-task?   Answer Question
    • What are areas in your life you could improve upon?   Answer Question