Infinera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Infinera Interview Questions

Interviews at Infinera

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got a notice that I would have a set of technical screening. Spoke with three people for an hour each, then the manager for 30 minutes. Each interviewer asked his/her set of questions. Each told me how stressful the job was and that they spend long hours working there. I asked what they did for fun and none of them could say which was odd to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the difference between mutex and semaphore. I was asked about how to avoid deadlocks. Those were fair questions. Then I was asked about difficult bugs and how I got through it. Also fair. Be prepared to deal with computer architecture questions as if you just got out of school. Each interviewer told me that the job takes long hours and was high stress. Even the manager told me this. The manager asked me what bugs did I cause as if I purposely caused a bug. They were going out of their way to not accept me maybe because of cultural reasons. Very strange. I didn't get the job but people should be warned.   Answer Question

PIC Test Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinera in February 2020.

Interview

It was a technical interview with the Director of PIC Testing team. The interview went on for about an hour. It was a telephonic interview. This interview is usually scheduled once you apply online and hear back from the HR and Director of PIC Testing team via email.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I think, interview process of company is pretty good and draining as well. I got phone call interview after applying online then asked for onsite interview (after a week from phone call). At onsite, I was asked to present my research in 1 hr at the very beginning of day and then were interviewed by 8-9 people 1:1 (30 mins or more) throughout day. Overall, engineers were testing my knowledge how well I know my research area and basic physics related to photonics area.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were asked related to presented research and many basic physics questions related to photonics devices were also asked.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infinera (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

I was introduced through mutual acquaintance. The interview process took several weeks over the phone with people from west coast to east. Mostly technical but had questions on how to deal with clients.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Richardson, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I spoke with multiple levels of management and recruiters and as a final stage I was able to interview face to face. When it came to recruiters and most management, I spoke to them over the phone and in 30 minute intervals. The longest part was my face to face interviews as they lasted about an hour per person.

Interview Questions

• How vocal are you about making changes?   1 Answer

Test and Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Portland, OR) in October 2019.

Interview

Hiring manager call you and follow up by his group member the day after. All by phone, but can go through the on-site interview. Expected to be asked question like: have you heard about us before and some thing general like why us.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your internship, what do you do...etc.
      2. Course work in your school, specific for design course
      3. ADC/DAC testing
      4. programming skills (expected as job descriptions)
      5. Question for the hiring manager
      6. THD, why gm is higherat subthreshold region   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Richardson, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was sent a non-disclosure 4 business days later. Was granted an phone screen 3 business days later.

Interviewed with 4 people total (one phone screen, one phone interview with hiring manager, one in-person interview with a member of the team and one in-person with HR manager).

Everyone was friendly, down-to-earth and easy to talk to. There weren't any trick questions and none of the dreaded "behavioral" interview questions. There was an air of excitement regarding the company's growth.

However, after all the interviews I was ghosted (never heard another word) by the company even after follow up. Although, this is a common practice among companies now, it's still not professional and cruel to applicants.

Wafer Fab Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a solid hour, between 3 interviewers so being 20 minutes each person. It was a friendly welcoming staff! They asked the average interview questions as well as other questions I never been asked. Such as, "What are your weak points?". Which it did catch me off guard but it opened my eyes to those type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Did you have experience handling wafers in the past?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Pretty easy actually. 6 Persons one at a time over 5 hours so you only really have to answer the same 40 minutes of questions 6 times. However, I did not get the job. The interview was on June 24 and today is 8/17 and they have refused to pay me $258 worth of travel expenses. I was told I would be reimbursed but never was.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

HR call you. Then manager will talk for 30 min. then they will call you for onsite interview. You have to present. You have to talk with people individually. Interview will go deep as time through.