Infinera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First had a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the phone screen, I was asked to appear for an on site interview. Had 5 one to one interviews. Asked about the projects I had been a part of. Many basic questions from OOPS, bitwise operators. Also Study semaphores, deadlocks and basic OS questions. know what static definition and volatile actually means. The hiring manager started asking me questions about Kernel level processing and basic Networking Issues and protocol. The way he was asking questions was not very pleasant. He did actually rise his voice after some time. Not a very good gesture. Other interviewers were very friendly and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• explain all processes that happens in kernel level in any OS and how does user page and kernel page communicate with each other.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinera.

Interview

Informal, most of the focus on past experience. Interviewed both the hiring managers (two levels up) and peers. Friendly and professional interactions. Team understood the task on hand and maintained a sharp focus on required candidate qualifications for the task.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Infinera.

Interview

5 rounds, educational experience, current school projects, y you want to relocate?,
    personality skills, certifications, general questions.
    it was pretty straight forward, if you have the grip on your subject, you can crack,

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Infinera.

Interview

I initially met a recruiter from Infinera at my school's career fair, and he scheduled me for an in-person interview the next day. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward, and the interviewer was very friendly. A few weeks later I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview with my future manager. Again, questions were mostly behavioral, but we also discussed the technical aspects of the internship. Overall a positive experience, and ended in a very worthwhile internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your background makes you well-suited to this job.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

When finally had the on-site it was a grueling five hour interview. One-on-ones included three team members, the hiring manager and HR Director. No breaks. Some people were nice and businesslike. Others didn’t want to be there and just went through the motions.

They should focus more on working style and philosophy, since they had high turnover when I was there. Not everyone could cut it. Some people were not accepted into the group, very high-schoolish and clicky.

Ask about daily interaction, personalities, how they work together to make sure it is the right fit for you and you can accommodate them.

Interview Questions

• What in this project was your specific contribution? (Referring to an accomplishment on my CV)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, can negotiate on salary. They pay some very well and others not. This was pre-IPO and pre-big company HR staff. Not sure how it is now.

No negotiation on stock options.

Bonuses were not given when I started. Then we received a pitiful RSU grant that vested over four or five years, $2000 over five years, come on!

Logistics Analyst Interview

Interview

Transmode was acquired and I was being transferred to a new department. So basically, I did not have an interview. I was just placed in a department that needed my help.

Interview Questions

Interview

Called by a recruiter. Straightforward questions. Then met the HR team members and some members from the line. The interviews were very thorough. The interview teams weren't aligned, and some of the questions were repetitious.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

A panel interview with
    - focus on technical aspects,
    - with emphasis on coding standards,
    - details about table names

Contracting position converted to full-time very quickly. The comp was ok, but annual pay raise is very bad.

Interview Questions

• Technical object details like program, table names from the system.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinera.

Interview

Two phone screens -one with the recruiting staff with general questions, one in depth phone interview with member of technical staff. After phone screen, if withheld, follows the on site interview (typically 4-5 people for any given position). Tech talks for a wide audience, followed by 2-1 (technical engineering staff) or 1-1 (managers and up) interview session (30min/session). Expect a min of 6, max of 10 of these interviews, lunch is provided.

Interview Questions

• Expect in depth technical questions on PhD/semiconductor physics/photonics   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Infinera (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview 45 min. with hiring manager.
    2. Office interview with technical presentation 1 hr. then engineering interview 5 person, 45 minutes each.
    3. 2nd Office interview: higher rank staff member, other managers and VP.

It's very important to spend time prepare for the technical presentation and control time when presenting.
    Prepare for basic hardware engineering questions such as transmission lines, coupling, power issues.

Engineers are very shape so take time to answer questions with thought processes. Do not rush to answer questions if you are not sure about the right answer.

Interview Questions

• Is via a capacitive coupling or inductive?
      What's its effect to the signal trace?
      How do you check the discontinuity?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a switching and linear regulator?
      What's are the topology for a switcher? Buck? Boost? Buck-Boost?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was very good, no need to negotiate.