82% would recommend to a friend
(722 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Found 722 of over 855 reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Project management is weak." (in 32 reviews)
- "No proper planning and discussions from managers and directors." (in 21 reviews)
- "Horrible upper management." (in 10 reviews)
- "Occasional layoffs, though that has been curtailed in the last couple quarters with good numbers." (in 9 reviews)
- "1. Company struggling to grow and hence limited growth opportunities" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Infinera and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWSep 14, 2023Sr QA ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsChicago, IL
Company motto is positive intent and we live it. Brilliant and dedicated people!
We are in a competitive market and not at where we want to be yet but an excellent strategy to get us there.Infinera Response4w
Thank you for taking time to provide a review. We are glad you are enjoying your time at Infinera and we are excited for our future and the growth opportunities for the company.
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Senior IT EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Jose, CA
Work in Desktop Support Team, Team was great, very easy to get along with and work with. Great Communication, great leadership, and very organize.
Don't have con comment for this company, I probably say 1 of the best place I have worked at.
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023Mfg Technician 4Current Employee
The company used to value employee contribution. The workplace environment is good,
Management routinely shows poor leadership. It seems like progression or promotion in the company is based on favoritism, rather than skill, ability or work ethic. There is a wide range of pay for the same job responsibilities.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Engineering DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Jose, CA
Incredibly smart and dedicated people. Great technology.
Limited resources to accomplish everything company wants to accomplish that leads to unrealistic timeline.
- 5.0Nov 4, 2023Sr Systems EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSunnyvale, CA
My current manager is the amazing to work for, Excellent pay
I can't think of anyInfinera Response4w
We appreciate your input and are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at the company. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are optimistic that 2024 will be an ever better year.
- 5.0Oct 10, 2023Product ArchitectFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSunnyvale, CA
The work environment is very good, very process and quality-oriented.
need to update technology stackInfinera Response4w
Thanks for your feedback and for writing a thoughtful review. Your input helps us to continue to focus on what is important and your feedback will be passed along to our leadership team for review.
- 5.0Apr 14, 2023Web DesignerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
I loved every minute working at Infinera. The employees and managers working there are incredibly nice, smart, and motivating people. My position was remote and I was not forced to turn on my camera ever. The amount of work given was manageable. Management is also very kind and forgiving when you make a mistake. The pay is very generous and this company made me want to come to work everyday with a can do attitude. Management does a good job at cheering you on and proving helpful feedback. Everyone working at Infinera seemed to be very hard working and incredibly smart. Careful considerations were made to make sure my experience at Infinera was a nice and perfect time. I was given a ton of opportunities to grow at this company.
The company laptop I was given tended to crash all the time.1Infinera Response4w
We appreciate your input and are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at the company. We have passed along your feedback to our IT Team to review and discuss.
- 4.0Aug 15, 2023Senior Sales DirectorFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsSunnyvale, CA
Good place to work and be.
No growth paths on the sales side.Infinera Response4w
Thanks for your feedback and for writing a thoughtful review. Your input helps us to continue to focus on what is important.
Infinera Reviews FAQs
Infinera has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 855 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Infinera to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
82% of Infinera employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Infinera 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.