Initiative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Initiative

2.5

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty quick. I worked with a recruiter who was helpful. I met with two hiring managers. They were really nice made me feel comfortable. They gave me a chance to ask questions, talked about Initiative and asked me questions as well.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was overall very comfortable. The office had a fun atmosphere that put me at ease. Talked with two people, the first was a man that would be on the team I'm interviewing for and the second was the leader of the team. Both were very personable and easy to talk to. Interview felt more like a conversation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

I got the HR screening through employee referral. The recruiter is very responsive in terms of communication. I was invited to the office for an onsite interview with other candidates. I thought it's going to be a group interview with all the candidates, but it turns out to be a panel interview. The interview is very laid back, everyone that I met with is very nice. There is no sharp questions. Questions are mostly about past experiences. I received an email after one day that they decide to pursue another candidate based on experience. Overall, the whole interview process is very smooth. I'm willing to come back for other opportunities.

Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

five 20 minute back to back interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and it is a plus to know about the role you are interested in. Most candidates interview without a clear understanding of position.

Interview Questions

• are you a hunter or a gatherer?   1 Answer

Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

It was extremely casual and more of a conversation. My interviewers were really friendly and talked a lot about their experiences as well. They didn't ask any super difficult questions, they were just trying to get to know who I was as a person.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and sent her times for in-person interview. In-person interview was a panel with two teammates instead of one as indicated via email but I was fine with it. They were both very friendly. This was followed by the interview with the Hiring Manager.

About 1 week after the interview an ex-colleague (whom I had coached, etc.) messaged me that she just got an offer for a Global Director position. I contacted HR immediately to see if they had extended the offer to another candidate. HR scheduled a follow-up call with me, where she told me that I was a close second to a candidate that was a little more technical. I straight up asked her if it was <ex-colleague name> and she confirmed yes. Sometimes life works in the most mysterious ways. I ended the call by wishing all of them the best of luck.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you did not receive the right campaign brief.   Answer Question

Presentation Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter who asked for my resume and my availabilities. We we worked out a time to set up a phone call, interviewer stated she was "Looking forward to speaking then!" - only to never call me (as I waited for an hour) and never respond to my multiple follow up emails. Extremely unprofessional and rude.

Associate, Video Partnership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was nothing different than the initial phone interview. They just asked about your previous work experience and anything additional about your interests. Nothing uncomfortable and very friendly. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Entry-Level Communications Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

In all, the process was super casual. If you want that, then this is the place for you. They don't focus too much on your experience as much as your personality. They want to see that you're organized, willing to learn, and have a personality that aligns with their culture. Interviewed with multiple teams back to back, in a span of 2 hours.

Digital Partnership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process was relatively easy; Math test/HR screening followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview was an hour forty-five minute process and consisted of meeting with 5 different groups. Each group asked different questions, but most were very basic. Overall, very relaxed atmosphere, and most were very welcoming.