Initiative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.5

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The process happened rather quickly. I had an initial meeting with HR and was than passed on directly to the group head and was made an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was room for negotiation and I was successful in getting above what they considered the salary range.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Initiative (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was mainly an introductory interview that was over the phone and last about 20 minutes. I spoke with an HR representative and I was asked the standard first-interview questions:

Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to go into advertising?
    Why do you want to work at Initiative specifically?

There were a few questions about some specific job experience that was pulled from my resume so people may need to be prepared for that as well. My interviewer was very nice and she was able to keep the conversation professional while allowing each of us to display some personality. Always a plus if you can show you have one.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your specific achievements related to advertising?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I had one interview where three team members came down and each spoke to me for 10 minutes each. They did not explain the position very well. More so asked me if I liked to go out and party.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your weakness to be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their career website and they got back to me the next day to schedule a one on one phone interview with HR. I then had four 30 minute Skype interviews with 4 different teams with about 3 people from each team. HR continued to look for the best placement for me whether it was media buying or media planning. They tell you upfront that the pay is only $30K a year non-negotiable.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

I was referred by someone in the company. Recruiter reached out to me for an initial interview. Was pretty in depth for the first interview. I was invited into the office. I interviewed with 4 individuals in the office. Sent them thank you notes 2 business days later.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very quick and straightforward interview process. Had an HR phone screening for first stage then was brought in for a 2 on 1 interview with various teams a few weeks later. Asked questions 50% of the time and interviewers explained more of job duties versus asking about my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working at an advertising agency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a basic interview. Tell me about yourself, etc. Next step in the process was going to their headquarters in New York where I had a 4 hour interview with 4 different accounts I could potentially be working on and a total of 8 people. Long day, but very informative! Waiting to hear back now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

Got the interview through a current friend working there. HR called me and did a phone interview- she had no idea what she was doing and no joke asked the same question only slightly differently worded in less than one minute. Then when I was told the team wanted to see me in person, she sent me to the wrong floor. That was awkward. HR is incompetent here.

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiations...

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Initiative.

Interview

I did both the phone and the in-person interview within one week. Interviewees were friendly and there weren't any tricky or surprising questions. They wanted to get to know me and all of them seemed intelligent and motivated. The office was stunning and the agency seemed up-to-date in emphasizing collaboration among employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Initiative (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR to assess potential fit, in-person interview with HR (more indepth than phone interview), math assessment, interview with 2 potential accounts (2 1-1 interviews per account); overall the in-person interview took approximately 4 hours (30 minutes per interviewer, 30 min for math assessment; 30 minutes for HR interview, plus wait time in between)