Instructure Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 172 of over 172 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instructure (Lehi, UT) in Nov 2020

Interview

The first portion was 4 hackerrank questions which were typical algorithm/data structure questions that were easy. The second portion was two 45 minute interviews with engineers. Most of the questions were about me and my technical background. There was a coding portion that was average in difficulty that involved recursion. I really enjoyed the process and thought it was very personal, especially compared to other technical interviews I've done.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a large project you worked on.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instructure (London, England, England)

Interview

Fairly simple, call with recruiter to go through the job spec, then 2 stage interview with hiring managers which included role play and a presentation to a panel of a group of employees.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Instructure

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instructure in Jan 2021

Interview

Quite a straightforward process whereby you are interviewed by the hiring manager, and then another 2nd interviewer is being arranged if you pass the 1st by the hiring manager. 3rd and final interview will be arranged if you pass the first 2 rounds with a few members of Instructure - usually their senior management team. Can be quite informal and just have a good time chatting with them!

Interview Questions
  • What do you think are the areas you can focus and develop if you come on-board?

Instructure

Application

I interviewed at Instructure

Interview

First a Hackerrank then an on-site final interview. The first 45 mins was technical and the 2nd 45 mins was behavioral. Pretty straightforward and quick process. I really enjoyed the behavioral portion of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Technical had to do with recursion using a set.

Instructure

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instructure in Nov 2020

Interview

Went through 6 rounds of interviews, began with the recruiter. At this point I thought it was a positive sign, but at the end and weeks later, go the standard rejection letter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instructure (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

They were pretty easy to talk to. It was a simple process and made sense. I was happy with the process. It was not long either. All of the people were great to talk to and very friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Instructure (Salt Lake City, UT) in Oct 2020

Interview

3 interviews. The irst one was a phone interview where they just explained what the job requirements were. Second was with two team leads they asked some different questions but most of them were fairly easy. The third interview was with the managers who asked more specific questions.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been overlooked by a supervisor and if so what was your reaction?

Instructure

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Instructure

Interview

1. Call with Recruiter 2. Call with Hiring Manager 3. Design Challenge pt 1 - I had a 24 hr deadline 4. Met virtually with Design team 5. Design Challenge pt 2- I had a 72 hr deadline 6. Silence (unfortunately) It's been about a week and a half since I submitted my 2nd Design Challenge and I don't know where I stand.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about conducting a usability study?

Instructure

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instructure

Interview

My interviewers were amiable and it was clear they had a good working relationship, which was nice to experience and made me want to be a part of their team. The interview questions were standard and vague and allowed me to respond authentically. Having researched the company's approach to diversity, equity and inclusion, I noticed that only within the past few years has Instructure outwardly communicated standard commitments to these workplace, culture and policy necessities. In 2016, the company published internal figures that broke down data on gender, race and tech-oriented (e.g. software programming) and non-tech-oriented (e.g. support) roles, and it was clear they understood how dominantly white male the organization was. In 2019, the company provided an update on internal discussions on policy, as well as a reaffirmation of their commitments. I could not find any statement from the summer of 2020 onward to reaffirm their solidarity with their black employees. In the interview, I asked about the progress they've made on progress the institution made on commitments from 2016 and the response was muddled and lacking concrete examples of changes that have been made despite them having been at the company since that time. While I cannot be sure given this was the final interaction I had during the interview process, a lack of coherence across employees about what they've done to combat racism as an institution signaled a lack of priority at a day-to-day level in the work they do, which is likely overshadowed by urgency and other white dominant cultural norms. I removed myself from the interview process after the interview so none of this is firsthand (thus "no opinion" on the overall experience and the "no offer" indicated), yet hopefully this account helps you think about your own upcoming interview and what you value in your place of employment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Instructure (London, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

I had a 30 minute call with the Recruiter and a 45 minute call with the Hiring Manager. The next stage was a presentation but I decided not to move forward in the process as I had received another job offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Interviews