Insurance Services Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Services Office Interview Questions

2.8

SQE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

interviewed with the team, and then the manager. about four hours between meeting the team and then the manager, i was also interviewed by Human Resources. In the interview i was questioned about my experience and projects i have worked on.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (North Reading, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager, then a panel interview. The HR Person droned on for almost half the time explaining benefits and vacation time, left very little time for substance questions from panel

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with work duties   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job, and got a call two days later. I interviewed with the company the next week. The first part of the interview had Excel and Word tests, and a sample email response. Then there was a short interview with the human resources person. Then I interviewed the hiring manager. The whole thing was about an hour. I drove an hour, and paid tolls. I never received a call or email rejection letter. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available for overtime where you would have to come in at 2 AM was one of the questions, and if I would take classes.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in December 2012.

Interview

Two interviewer for on campus interview. Asked why I'd like to be an actuary and what is actuary in my eye and some other general questions. For the final interviews, first is written test, then meet three senior directors and then meet with two managers. They are friendly. However their are not efficient and never reply your email.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

A recruiter sent an email in March to which I responded immediately. Two months later I was contacted for a phone screening. A week later I was called for an in-person interview. I spent 1 hour taking an SAT-like test, 30 minutes waiting for my actual interview to begin, 1.5 hours with an interview panel of 3 upper level employees from various departments, and an hour in a lunch interview with two more upper level employees. I was called a week later with the job offer.

All in all, the interview process was very different than at any of the other companies I interviewed with. The interview panels made it possible for the employees to ask specific questions about the field rather than fill 20 minutes each discussing the basics of my resume. It was intimidating, but I think they got a better feel for their candidates that way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think credit scores are sometimes used in pricing personal auto insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

The first phase of the hiring process was a phone interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted for about an hour. One of the managers told me that the HR person will contact me and schedule a face-to-face interview.

The face-to-face interview consisted of a skills test, IQ test, and 2 interview sessions. This lasted for about a hours. After a few days I was given the offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about the basic syntax of C# programming language and also gave a business case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2008.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back within one week. All of the questions from HR were about my resume. The questions from the Managers that I interviewed with were about my technical skills and what I want to accomplish in my career. There are many groups have high turnover, therefore the most important trait for a candidate is longevity. You should probably mention your willingness to stay places long periods of time or even get a degree (since they may take you at least 2 years).

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with mainframe?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unless you're trying to negotiate a few extra bucks because you have to travel to Jersey City from New York City, there is no such thing. You have a better chance negotiating for more PTO days.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiriring process was pretty straightforward. Two weeks later, there was a phone interview, followed by a group interview by different heads of different departments. The group interview was followed by an aptitude test, testing both english and mathematical skills. After the test, there was a lunch-style interview with two more employees. There was a good amount of time (3-4 weeks) between the group interview and the initial offer, but everything was at least handled professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to handle a certain insurance case, involving class rating and selling prices.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First was a HR phone screening, although my screening was done in-person, which was followed by a basic writing prompt (to check ability to write and explain something clearly). Brought in a second time a couple days later for in-person interviews with 4-6 people split into 2-3 groups, with people from areas with open positions

Interview Questions

• - Go over resume
      - If someone asked you what an actuary is, what would you tell them?
      - Why do you want to be an actuary?
      - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult
      - If you don't know the answer to something, what do you do?
      - General behavioral questions   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process consist of HR round then few over the phone technical interviews and then one on one face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the complete infrastructure without any guidance from top?   Answer Question

Package offer was almost the same i was getting with my at that time employer