Insurance Services Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Services Office Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in November 2015.

Interview

I started with two phone interviews as the hiring manager lives over 1000 miles away. After I passed those, I met with a Regional Vice President at a library, as the company has few 'brick and mortar' offices outside of New Jersey. I thought that the interview in a public place felt cheap and odd. It would have been more comfortable to meet in an actual office which can be rented for an hour or two from a place like Regus. Should have learned from the interview that the company is cheap!

Interview Questions

• Started as a typical format interview. Work experience, how would you handle specific situations, etc.. Finished with a written test and then a laptop-based test to determine computer skills.   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Reading, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (North Reading, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager, then a panel interview. The HR Person droned on for almost half the time explaining benefits and vacation time, left very little time for substance questions from panel

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with work duties   1 Answer

SQE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

interviewed with the team, and then the manager. about four hours between meeting the team and then the manager, i was also interviewed by Human Resources. In the interview i was questioned about my experience and projects i have worked on.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First was a HR phone screening, although my screening was done in-person, which was followed by a basic writing prompt (to check ability to write and explain something clearly). Brought in a second time a couple days later for in-person interviews with 4-6 people split into 2-3 groups, with people from areas with open positions

Interview Questions

• - Go over resume
      - If someone asked you what an actuary is, what would you tell them?
      - Why do you want to be an actuary?
      - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult
      - If you don't know the answer to something, what do you do?
      - General behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I was asked to write 2 essays on different scenarios. Very nice people, seems like a very nice place to work. Easy to get to. Right across from the NJ Transit station.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very formal. Met with recruiter first then all levels of management. Standard interview process, did not do anything different to pitch them as a good place to work. Recruiter got a little snippy with me when I did not know EXACTLY what they did.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, then in-person. What I would considered a standard interviewing process. No trick questions but you were given two writing assignments to be done in-person. Met with two department heads and then other actuarial students.

Interview Questions

• The two writing assignment prompts. You will discuss your answers with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Pearl River, NY).

Interview

HR was professional and informative. The manager interviewed me and we discussed my work history and the company. I then met with one of the team members to discuss the role I was interviewing for in more detail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What I asked for was more than they typically offered. However, in considering my experience they met my request.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

First: 2 writing sample in 30 minutes and after that talking with hr.
    Second: Two group interviews with managers and seniors.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Services Office in May 2013.

Interview

An actuary I know that works there passed my resume to the appropriate people, and I was immediately contacted about openings that might fit what I am looking for. I was brought in for an interview within 3 days(on a Thursday). At that interview I met with an HR representative for about 45 minutes, after first completing two writing samples on insurance related topics.
    The following Monday I was contacted that a second interview was desired. The nest day I went back and met with two groups of people, each for about 45 minutes. Group one was the senior managers of the three areas with openings. Group two was two more junior managers.
    Now, 3 weeks later, I just was informed they are looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why is war an exemption from homeowner insurance policies?   Answer Question