InterSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterSystems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was sent TET, PET, and a personality assessment. The TET and PET are language learning and a general IQ/logics test. Then was offered a phone interview after doing well on the assessments. Was not offered a position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

The interview process was a quick test of questions which you are not allowed to take ever again, even in subsequent years. Therefore, if you rush or do poorly on the test the first time you will never work at Intersystems. Kind of a poor system.

Interview Questions

• Just a test with weird questions which were obfuscations of basic CS concepts   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA).

Interview

They first reach out and ask you to do 3 different types of exams. The first one is a simple personality quiz in which you choose words that you feel may describe you. The second exam gives you a new programming language that you have to answer questions about, including syntax, what the console would print out, and other things.

SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online, received PI and TET quite fast and sort of rushed into taking TET and being too much careful and taking the test in a semi-public place, I ran out of time on TET (15 out of 20 questions which is definitely below their minimum). The time limit ( 35 minutes) was definitely set for someone with the ability to do tests a lot faster than average. I had heard good reviews from recent employees; however, I was a little disappointed after their application process.
    Word of advice: This is not an easy test, take it serious and do it sometime over the weekend in an isolated place where no one would distract you for even a second.

Interview Questions

• TET test ks harder than what they say it is due to the time limit.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of assessments. First are the PI (Predictive Index Survey) and TET(Technical Employment Test). PI is just personality-based. TET asks you multiple choice questions based off a made up programming language. They gave you information about the language syntax and functionality, and you answered basic questions based off that information. Questions were pretty straight forward and not too difficult. However, due to the time limit, I did not feel confident in all my answers. I did not score well enough on the TET to pass onto the second round. The second round would be the Professional Employment Test (PET), which is also multiple choice and tests your reasoning and problem solving.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received TET and PI, both of which are pretty short. TET was about 25 min and consisted of 20 multiple choice questions about a new language. PI took me 2 minutes to complete; it's just a test consisting of a list of adjectives and character-traits that you have to choose.

Interview Questions

• What traits do others expect of you? What traits do you actually believe you have?   Answer Question

Online Learning Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who sent my resume to the internal recruiter, possibly to the hiring manager as well.

A day later, I was sent the PI, PET and TET test. The PI was definitely not a conventional personality/behavioral assessment, but went very quickly as the only task was selecting adjectives from a list.

The timed PET and TET were both challenging and took me the full amount of time allowed. I actually submitted them an hour ago so no word just yet.

I appreciate the other reviewer's comment that this part of the process treats the applicant like a nameless, faceless cog. It does.

But from the dozens of hours I've spent applying and interviewing for jobs in my life, It's kind of a relief to know this far in advance how a potential employer solves problems; in this case, the problem of determining the right person out of a group of applicants who are virtually identical on paper.

Other tech companies vet candidates through meaningful contact and engage them in creative technical challenges to assess skill and cultural fit. From this process, it's safe to assume Intersystems prefers impersonal but objective, over comprehensive; applicants who also solve problems this way are welcome, others likely aren't.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel others see you?   1 Answer

Online Course Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Like many others on here, I was asked to take the PI and PET tests. And like many here, I didn't even get past the PET test. Instead of talking to me and understanding my personality type and my qualifications (which are more than enough), they decide not to even have a conversation because I didn't "pass." I wasn't even informed what passing is or what my score ultimately was. I feel sorry for this company. I bet they are missing out on some outstanding potential employees by using this silly "test." The reading comprehension questions are purposefully confusing. That's not to say it's hard to comprehend what the paragraph is saying. It's that the possible answer choices are ridiculous ("Necessarily true", "Probably, but not necessarily true")...are you kidding? If you're someone who second guesses yourself, you're doomed. Trust me.

Anyway, I can't imagine working for a company that treats it's recruits this way. You aren't hiring "talent," InterSystems. You're pushing it away.

Interview Questions

• Take this PET exam in order to move onto the next step.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked to take online assessments: PI survey, TET, and PET. Passed PI and TET round. Did not pass PET round. Honestly felt the TET was a but harder due to the nature of functional programming. PET did have odd questions that I felt were open to interpretation, with slight conflicts to mathematical logic.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

You first have to pass the 3 tests, PET, PI and TET. The TET, their coding test, isn't too bad but there isn't enough time to go back and check your answers. From reading some of the other reviews, it seems like the bar is pretty high so no room for mistakes!