Interactive Brokers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interactive Brokers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers in April 2017.

Interview

First you have a phone screening. That's less then a few minutes long. A hiring manager invites you in to a formal interview. As soon as you walk in the door they give a 30 question test. This test is hard. You need to know basic math (long division, fractions, probability) without using a calculator. The rest of the test is on sercuities knowledge. If you don't have strong series 7 background your not passing this test. I'm glad I didn't get an offer. Everyone in the office looked miserable being there.

Interview Questions

• If you don't pass the test. The interview is over and they ask you to leave.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

take 21 online questions in 60 min, most about basic programing language, not very hard. you can find some of them online. The processing is quick, apply on monday and get OA on wedsnday

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

Received an online assessment soon after applied for the position. I got the call from HR immediately after finished it. I passed the exam. However, HR didn't find teams match my skills.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

Personality survey and online assessment. The survey basically gave you a bunch of words describing human characters, and asked you to choose those that fit you the best. The online assessment questions were all about Java basic questions, for example, exception, garbage collection, Object-Oriented concepts, etc. Some are very simple intellectual questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers (Greenwich, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Online Java and Math test in addition to personality test. Test is multiple choice. Phone screen with hiring manager. Onsite interview with hiring manager and upper management. Onsite interview also contained written exam.

Junior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and receive the PI and Technical test in 2 days, The Technical test contains 21 single choice java problems, it should be finished in 60 minutes. It take me about 40 min to finish all the questions. The questions are very detailed about java, and it's a "closed Book" test.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

I applied online one month ago, and received an email with screening question, which must be completed priori to onsite, productive index survey and technical test. You have 60 minutes to finish the test.

Interview Questions

• The technical test is about Java knowledge, such as multithreading, concurrent control, Java Swing and math problem. There are basically 21 questions in total   Answer Question

Junior Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers (Greenwich, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

First, It is an online technical test with some surveys, not hard to crack up. One hour to finish those multiple choices problems.
    Then, it is an onsite interview, with technical questions and behavior questions.
    It is a good company, with great employees community. If you do not like Silicon Valley, this is not a bad place to go.
    Overall, if you are interested in financial service company and software engineering, this could be a good choice.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about Java basics, and some math problems and SQL   2 Answers

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers.

Interview

I applied online a day ago. They sent me an email with technical test, screening questions, and productive index survey. The screening questions are optional but are are required prior to onsite interview. regarding the index survey, it is not a test and there are no right or wrong answers.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Interactive Brokers (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on Company Site after a week received a Test containing Java REGEX, ternary operators, core java based. This Round I have cleared Twice within period of 4 months.

First Time: I was told there are no positions with h1b Visa currently.

Second Time: Interview was scheduled(did not receive a call for 15 minutes after the scheduled time) When I called and asked about it. Call Started with Thank you for letting them know that i was late rather than some Greeting.

Interview Questions

• Differences between C++ and JAVA( Where as Job Description as well as Resume Doesn't mention C++ at all,) Much More than expecting basic differences like Pointers JVM.   Answer Question
    • Architecture of Servers and usage of Multithreading in it   Answer Question
    • How many Ping pong balls a Boeing jet Can Contain   Answer Question