Intercity Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intercity Technology Interview Questions

2.6

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intercity Technology (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted CV online and was swiftly invited to an interview within a couple of days. The hiring process involves an initial interview by HR (perhaps to see if the candidate will fit into the culture), thereafter if successful you will be invited to complete an online psychometric test, if successful you will be invited to a final interview with someone from the Finance team to ask about job specific questions and to see if you can actually do the role.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Interview

I received a call from the HR department and they wanted to talk money right off the bat. I tried to say neutral to see what they had to offer. They required a Senior Engineer with his own car and knowing a wide range of technology nearly everything under the sun for a miserly 34k. At that point I kindly ended the phonecall as the money was well below market rate and the shopping list was unrealistic for the pay offered. Alarm bells started ring!!

Interview Questions

• how much would you expect to perform this role   1 Answer

Nov 21, 2016 – HR Advisor

Many thanks for your comments. The role you applied for was not a senior role, hence the question around salary expectations.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intercity Technology (Horwich, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed up by two face to face, the second of which included a presentation. Appalling interview manner, constant interruptions during the presentation to criticise content. Never had the courtesy of a response despite going through a 3 stage selection process. This was being handled directly by the company and not via a recruitment agency. A seemingly terrible company with arrogance beyond belief.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strenghts & weaknesses.
      Why should we hire you?
      Where do you want to be in 3 years time?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Attraction Advisor

Hi,
    I am so sorry you have had such a negative experience whilst interviewing for us. Please could you send more details to careers@intercity.technology so that I can look in to this for you. The... More

Telemarketing Executive Interview

Interview

I came to the interview dressed smartly only to find the two people interviewing me were dressed like it was causal Friday. First impressions count and this doesn't create a professional look for the company. It seemed to me that they couldn't be bothered to make the effort. The interview itself was ok nothing too difficult but the two people came across like they didn't know what they were talking about. My mind was made up that I wouldn't be taking the job even if it was offered to me. I'm still waiting to find out the outcome as no one has bothered to get back to me. Poor experience I wouldn't waste my mind.

Interview Questions

Intercity Technology Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Talent Attraction Advisor

Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to interview with us - we really appreciate you giving us your time like this. One of the great things about Intercity Technology is that we don't hold people to... More

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intercity Technology (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Received email from Pareto detailing the company's interest and invitation to a phone interview.
    Basic questions such as personal interests and other academic/career achievements, followed by questions asking what makes a sales person great

Once through the phone interview, I was invited to an assessment day along with around 40 other candidates. The assessment day was run by Pareto and held at the Intercity office. You're encouraged to ask questions to show interest. Next, you'll participate in group activities to show your qualities as a sales person. After these activities, you'll have to give a presentation about "Why I would be a great salesman and why Intercity should choose me?" to the Pareto representatives in a 1-1 environment.

Due to the number of candidates that day, the assessment day did not finish until around 5/6.

Interview Questions

Intercity Technology Response

Nov 21, 2016 – HR Advisor

Many thanks for your comments.