International Sports Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Sports Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was lead into a room and it was a one on one. He took time to explain and show the process. I was advised about training was provided to help me succeed not fail. They are a great team player company.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to take hits and keep going. Can I brush off bad calls and move forward.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Not too many questions to me. A lot of explanation of how the business worked, who the target clientele was, what products were offered. The benefits and salary were presented. The ZipRecruiter ad listed $40,000 - $60,000 (plus commissions). This was not at all the case. The monthly salary is $1,750. Most first year employees earn $40-60K with commissions. Medical and dental benefits start after 90 days. 401K (w/ match) starts after 6 months.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

A complete and utter waste of time. If you want to make cold calls selling a nearly impossible product for 18,000. This may be for you. Other than that, it was cordial.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy making cold calls? Are you okay with $18,000k salary   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

Double interview. First with manager then another with SVP. They ask very simple, straight forward questions like what is your skill set and how does it relate to this role? They also ask you if you consider yourself an aggressive person. They ask you about your references and discuss what they heard from your references and ask if you agree with what they said about you.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had two face to face interviews, one with account managers and another with the VP in the office. All were very friendly and helpful. Finally had one conversation on the phone before being offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Apply Online (they run on-going Employment Interview Ads); Face-to-Face Interview with Job offer on-the spot.Questions are: Do you think of yourself as Smart? Do you want to earn $100,000? Are you willing to do anything to earn $100,000? I cant believe you arenot taking this opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Not many, The Sales Manager does most of the talking, and it becomes very evident that he is Selling You...... poor Chump! The $ rolls out at the end and is $1500/month for 180+ hours month.
      You will be berated for passing on this wonderful opportunity, Just try and ask the salary range over the phone....... not happening. Waste of Time.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, Sales Manager stated " I know Im a Chump when I cant work with the $1500 Base" ; unreal

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Sports Management.

Interview

Two Interviews. Barely asked any questions about my background, they basically just wanted to know if I could hold a conversation and was desperate enough for a job. Was a little misleading, made it seem like there would be more account management but it's strictly cold calling. From application to start date was a week for me. It's fast for a reason, they need to constantly higher and not for growth reasons but because people keep quitting.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call interview from a team manager to gauge your interest in the job. They give you an idea of what the company offers and what the position does. You then have a first in-person with one of the team managers where they go more in depth with what you will be selling. After that, if the manager likes you then you will set up a second interview with the VP who gives final approval. Easy interview overall but they do not full explain what is required of you until the first day of training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be good in sales despite the lack of sales experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary or anything like that. You are told the pay structure. It is the same for everyone and hook you with the commission possibility but the base salary is low.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took almost 2 weeks. Submitted info through Careerbuilder.com, contacted by a Sales Manager, quick conversation on the phone and set the 1st interview. Initial interview lasted about 45 minutes, which included a lot of background about the company, my experience, and a lot of Q&A which I appreciated. I read reviews on here and addressed some of my concerns, and the manager was very open about what they are looking for (including acknowledging the glassdoor comments, some of which have enacted changes in their training program) and how they've grown over the last year to make changes for the better. Showed me around the office and met a couple of the sales staff. Second interview was in the office again, this time w/ the SVP-Sales, answering any other questions I had and went through some 2nd-level stuff on my background to try and find more of a fit since I didn't have much B2B sales experience. Ended up getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of quick learning curves that you've been able to grow through in the past? Leadership/training experience (since looking for manager roles in the next 6 months)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Sports Management (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. After that interview, a face to face with a sales manager was scheduled. The face to face interview was about an hour long, and it was both questions I was asked, and information about the company/position. Final decision came via phone call came within two days.