Invesco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Invesco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very professional interview process! They were very informative, understanding and definitely seems interested in finding the right person for the position. They follow up with you very quickly and the in-person interview was great, very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Went over past experience that may be applicable for the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Invesco.

Interview

Applied online. 1) Took HR a week to get back to what I proposed for availability - later on she admitted that she had forgotten about it...
                                       2) Technical around on the phone: they asked if I could formulate a plan to compete with BlackRock's iShare division. Later on, when I asked them the same question, their response was "you know... it is more arts than science.." that moment was awkward. if you are going to ask a candidate a question, you'd better have thought about it.
                                     3) technical in person: a couple of them did not come to the interview room and I was not informed at all - i was left sitting in the room the whole time. Later on, I requested a chat with those two with HR. HR said she would schedule but she never did...
                                     4) Finally, for trip expenses, their payroll system was "down" twice so it took 6 weeks to get a cheque...

I wonder how a company like this caliber can create a team for factor investing and compete with i Share...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Invesco in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online on their website. About a month later the recruiter interviewed me for the first round of interviews. Second round was with a senior manager, final round was with two portfolio managers in fixed income. Mainly behavioral questions

Investment Grade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Invesco (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through online. A phone call interview with IR, a phone call interview with PM, and the final round on-site interview with 5 PMs/ traders. Decision sent by an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Market questions about current out look on treasury yields. How would that impact the investment grade bonds? How does fixed income differ from equities?   Answer Question

Fullstack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invesco in January 2018.

Interview

The first interview was mainly about the relevant tech stack. There was JavaScript trivia, questions about modern frameworks such as Node/Express, Java, & React. Two engineers were connected through a dial-in service.

Interview Questions

• What are the short comings of node?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project you have worked on before and explain how your application functions   Answer Question
    • A question about the event queue. Given the code snippet explain which parts will execute first.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between nosql and sql?   Answer Question

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Invesco (Houston, TX).

Interview

First I received phone screen then had interview with supervisor. Third round interview was about 2.5 hours with a tour and group panel. Interview questions were based off STAR method.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Invesco.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Phone interview with the manager first and then on site interview after one month. 2 hours of technical interview with 3 analysts and the manager.

Client Reporting Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Invesco (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with hiring Manager and the Global Manager. The hiring manager questions were pointed directly to managing, while the other Manager was looking for answers not only for you to respond to how you manage but also how you accomplish the items on your resumes while managing.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Invesco (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had two phone calls then onsite interview, well organized and straightforward. The first phone call was behavioral, the second technical and the onsite was technical as well. The questions were relatively easy if you prepared well enough.

Interview Questions

• Dice questions, probability, statistics, algorithms   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Invesco (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy process. Total process took ~3 business days. Applied on a Sunday night, heard back from the recruiter Monday afternoon. Scheduled for a phone interview for Tuesday, had my second phone interview with a Supervisor on Wednesday, invited me into the office for an in-person interview Thursday, heard back from the recruiter the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Invesco in May 2017.

Interview

Primarily concerned with basic financial securities principles and ability to work under pressure. Started with a phone screening followed by a one on one meeting on site. Received the offer within days.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a large amount of tasks and a short amount of time, how would you go about completing them   1 Answer