Investors Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Investors Bank

2.5

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Investors Bank in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview at first and then you get asked the basic questions. You should know about some of the volunteer work that they do. Also Just basic behavioral questions. The recruiter was really nice , based on the answers you give him he began creating more questions about the type of experience you have.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investors Bank (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

This bank is absolutely ridiculous! The HR person on the phone was really nice, however she refuse to tell me how much the average min salary is for a branch manager.

Went to Manhattan to meet with the HR person and regional manager. This bank still use a passbook (who the hell still use this) and there a whole line of people there trying to withdraw cash. As you can see most of the customers here are old and cant use a damn ATM without the help of there great-grandchildren's help. Once the "regular" customer die I would be very damn if i were ever a teller here.

During the interview the 2 individuals I was approached with were really easy to talk to (not gonna lie they were extremely kind).

Ok now, since I was approach with a really nice person on the phone and in person then why am I so damn pissed? First of all, they say the salary "can't be disclosed" wanna know why cause its is absurd. $40000 for this role. So you just wasted my damn time coming here for no reason.

Wait! there more. I was told to go work in a soup kitchen. seriously did you read my resume i didn't sign up to be a cook.

Training is in an odd location in jersey that closer to Philly than it is to NYC. I don't mind going to jersey city or newark but short hills is retarded. I work as a private client banker at chase and my salary is $47000 and your branch manager role is $40000? The hell is wrong with you people.

Interview Questions

• can you volunteer in a soup kitchen?   1 Answer
    • can you come to short hills for training?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with our offer of $40000?   1 Answer

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Edison, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

after applying online within two weeks received response from HR. she called me for phone interview ,it lasted half an hour and it was very thorough , all about my resume. i was scheduled for face to face interview. Interview was lasted about 45 to an 1 hour. half hour with HR and half with supervisor. Again interview was all about your resume . got the offer same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Bank in February 2017.

Interview

The process took a little over a month I had a very comprehensive interview with HR over the phone reviewing my resume and qualifications for about 30 mins. Then I had a face to face interview with the Market, Regional and HR manager all 3 at the same time, which lasted for a little less than an hour. I felt very comfortable with them and I feel they were comfortable with me as well. It wasn't an uptight dartboard interview everything just flowed they asked me questions I asked questions. It was one of my best interviewing experiences, if not the best. I was offered the position the same day .

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

HR phone interview + Onsite interview
    30 mins talk with HR person, and just normal phone interview with normal questions
    Onsite meet with manager and VP, ask questions in SQL, EXCEL, IQ questions

Interview Questions

• what is the different with inner jorn and outer join   Answer Question
    • Brain question: 8 balls look the same, but one is in different weight, how to figure it out   Answer Question

Floater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email from their recruiter asking for the best time to do a phone interview, she was satisfied and called me back to schedule an in person interview with the bank's manager. I was prompt and on time, I met with both the bank's manager and the HR manager, I believe. They both seemed VERY impressed and asked me questions about my past work experiences, mainly surrounding money and multi-tasking. They spoke about "future" and when I would start. They told me that I they would be in contact after the holidays, and the same recruiter would contact me when they're ready to start the hiring process. Needless to say, she contacted me almost 2 months later with automated email stating that they filled the position already,

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you've had a hard time with a customer. Give us the problem that they had, what you did to solve it, and what was the end result.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Hamilton, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to the bank Market Manager by a third party networking contact. 1. Phone interview with bank Market Manager. 2. Phone interview with Investments Regional Manager. 3. Live interview with Investments Regional Manager and Investments Program Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your banking and investments career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then got email from HR regarding phone interview. After, an interview was set up with the branch manager. The branch manager wanted me to also talk with the assistant branch manager and head teller.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a time when I dealt with a difficult customer and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Asked about my language skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investors Bank (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Walked in, met with the teller and the head teller. Great environment, friendly faces; was told I could help myself to the staff coffee. Waited to be seen and then I was taken to a room. I was interviewed by the head teller and the branch associate. They were very friendly and kind. Always smiling and laughing.

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Investors Bank (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Very easy, they did not ask a lot of questions, nor was there any pressure, 1 round and the pay they do not discuss until you are hired or they want to hire you

Interview Questions

• What is the easy aspect of customer service   1 Answer